Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Dec 25, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #1,186 of 2,191
I had the PX's. Fit was ok. Used them to watch movies on phone and some light listening. Sounded cloudier to me. Volume a bit recessed. The SQ was solid but not nearly what I get from several IEM's I have. Will have to try these out and see.

Dec 25, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #1,187 of 2,191
Anyone else seeing this issue? I'll probably report it to B&W. Also, I'm going to let B&W know that they need their app. to accommodate landscape modes on an iPad. I hate it when apps. force me to re-orient the iPad.

Happy Holiday everyone. The spiraled ham is in the oven!
Mmm... ham!

FYI their app is iPhone only, so it’s not even really intended for iPad (though it’s compatible). I agree that it’d be great for an iPad landscape-oriented one.

Dec 26, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #1,188 of 2,191
I had the PX's. Fit was ok. Used them to watch movies on phone and some light listening. Sounded cloudier to me. Volume a bit recessed. The SQ was solid but not nearly what I get from several IEM's I have. Will have to try these out and see.
Seems the general consensus is that you are paying for wireless/ac more than sound quality with these types of headphones. At least that is mho!

Dec 27, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #1,189 of 2,191
I have been reading this and many other threads from page 1. I am looking for ANC BT headphones, and my major 3 priorities are SQ, comfort and ANC (for planes, movies, music...) Considering px7, Momentum 3, Dali io6, and Bayer Lagoon. Heard great things about lagoons, but not many reviews (and can’t find a dedicated thread) and most people I have heard from love them, if not for creaking. Any input/impressions on Lagoon compared to others? I can probably audition px7 and Momentum 3 and BO H9i, but not others. So confused. Don’t really care about mic, wired (have other wired cans and iem’s that use for critical listening), just want best package (SQ, comfort, ANC) for travel via my iPhone, iPad, Samsung note 9 wireless. Any thoughts/opinions/recommendations?

Dec 28, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #1,191 of 2,191
If good ANC is a priority for you, the PX7 is a safe bet. In my opinion they offer the best compromise of comfort, sound quality and ANC.

Sony = Slightly better ANC, worse build quality, worse sound quality, equal comfort but somehow wobbly fit

Sennheiser = Worse ANC (not suitable for frequent flyers), worse comfort, worse build quality, slightly better sound quality (more forward high mids/treble)

Beyerdynamic = Worse ANC, build quality, sound quality, okay comfort

Bose = Equally good comfort, worse build quality, equally good ANC, worse sound quality

Dec 28, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #1,192 of 2,191
If good ANC is a priority for you, the PX7 is a safe bet. In my opinion they offer the best compromise of comfort, sound quality and ANC.

Sony = Slightly better ANC, worse build quality, worse sound quality, equal comfort but somehow wobbly fit

Sennheiser = Worse ANC (not suitable for frequent flyers), worse comfort, worse build quality, slightly better sound quality (more forward high mids/treble)

Beyerdynamic = Worse ANC, build quality, sound quality, okay comfort

Bose = Equally good comfort, worse build quality, equally good ANC, worse sound quality
I second this and I’ve tried or owned all these. The PX7 is the best all around wireless ANC headphone out right now in my opinion when it comes to the total package. Does everything good to great.

Dec 30, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #1,193 of 2,191
I was not really satisfied with the PX7 when I bought them two months ago. My feelings have changed since the SW update to version 1.1. I feel that the sound has significantly improved. Sound is much more clear now and it makes a lot of fun to listen to a very wide range of genres. I really enjoyed a two hour listening session last night. I also own the P7W and I do now like the sound of the PX7 more than the P7W.

Has someone made the same experience?

Dec 30, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #1,194 of 2,191
I was not really satisfied with the PX7 when I bought them two months ago. My feelings have changed since the SW update to version 1.1. I feel that the sound has significantly improved. Sound is much more clear now and it makes a lot of fun to listen to a very wide range of genres. I really enjoyed a two hour listening session last night. I also own the P7W and I do now like the sound of the PX7 more than the P7W.

Has someone made the same experience?

Sorry I don't feel the same. I have now returned mine. Far to much dominating bass. I found the sound was very changeable being very good with some music ie Queen and muddled on others ie Daft Punk,Fleur East and Sheryl Crow. A backward step to the PXs in reality.

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #1,195 of 2,191
I have been reading this and many other threads from page 1. I am looking for ANC BT headphones, and my major 3 priorities are SQ, comfort and ANC (for planes, movies, music...) Considering px7, Momentum 3, Dali io6, and Bayer Lagoon. Heard great things about lagoons, but not many reviews (and can’t find a dedicated thread) and most people I have heard from love them, if not for creaking. Any input/impressions on Lagoon compared to others? I can probably audition px7 and Momentum 3 and BO H9i, but not others. So confused. Don’t really care about mic, wired (have other wired cans and iem’s that use for critical listening), just want best package (SQ, comfort, ANC) for travel via my iPhone, iPad, Samsung note 9 wireless. Any thoughts/opinions/recommendations?

Bose QC 20 is great. And will work on a plane without having to remember to bring and attach a 3.5 mm cable. I feel as it's wired, audio quality isn't lost or degraded via a Bluetooth transmission.

I am about to get on to flights to SF & NZ from London. I am taking my QC20's + a neckband QC 30 and my DAP / iems / cable as listed below.

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #1,196 of 2,191
Well I have tried the PX7's,XM3's the old pxs and the new momentum 3. Dali's best sound without question but only ok ANC. They don't tend to filter out voices very well the drum of the plane engines should be filtered ok. The XM3 seem the best balance great noise cancelling and relatively cheap now. The bass is not as big as some say especially with with Samsung phones.

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #1,197 of 2,191
Thought you guys might be interested in a post I've made on another thread discussing my opinions on some of the headphones being mentioned on here. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hug...ost-your-own-comparisons-here.746519/page-231

It seems like this thread has become the go to place for people to compare the latest and greatest Bluetooth offerings, but I wondered if the other thread might be more fitting as this one was only ever meant for discussing the PX7's.

Dec 30, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #1,198 of 2,191
Px7 looked so good but sounded like a cardboard toilet roll tube to me. Also was like a wearing a vice on my head.

Dec 30, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #1,199 of 2,191
Px7 looked so good but sounded like a cardboard toilet roll tube to me. Also was like a wearing a vice on my head.
WOW, harsh!

What did you find objectionable with the sound, specifically?

I agree that comfort is a common complaint, more so with bigger heads.

Dec 30, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #1,200 of 2,191
Just had a dulled, hollow tube sound to me - didn't like the sound signature. probably unwise of me to be so disparaging in their thread, So I won't continue...Each to their own. With respect to the fans..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back