Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Nov 5, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #931 of 2,912
Looking to get folks opinion on the space gray vs the blue/gold, to me both look gorgeous. At first i was instantly attracted to the blue and gold but now i'm leaning toward the space grey because they look a bit more discreet and seems like they would handle the wear and tear of being a daily driver better.

Nov 5, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #932 of 2,912
Someone really needs to come out with a lightning APTX-HD dongle.

Such a tiny market for it, I wouldn’t hold my breath. :disappointed:

There was an apt-X (still sells on Amazon in fact) 30-pin Bluetooth transmitter that apparently even works with the Lightning to 30 pin adapter, so I suppose there’s some hope.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #933 of 2,912
Looking to get folks opinion on the space gray vs the blue/gold, to me both look gorgeous. At first i was instantly attracted to the blue and gold but now i'm leaning toward the space grey because they look a bit more discreet and seems like they would handle the wear and tear of being a daily driver better.
Blue/Gold does look gorgeous in person. It is very flashy, though. So if you're not the type who seeks attention you might want to go with the space grey.

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #935 of 2,912
Now that many of you have gotten a decent amount of listening time in, what's the verdict on the PX for hip-hop/rap and EDM music? I did see one post about how the P7 was better for hip-hop/rap but that was about half way through this thread.

I had the 1000X's home for awhile even though I don't need ANC, but overall they sounded good, much better than my M100s IMO. Bass was cleaner and hit harder, but build quality wasn't the greatest. I have been looking at ordering the P7W through Amazon Warehouse Deals for $320, but it's hard to justify when their latest and greatest is only $80 more. Any insight would be very appreciated! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 5, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #936 of 2,912
Now that many of you have gotten a decent amount of listening time in, what's the verdict on the PX for hip-hop/rap and EDM music? I did see one post about how the P7 was better for hip-hop/rap but that was about half way through this thread.

I had the 1000X's home for awhile even though I don't need ANC, but overall they sounded good, much better than my M100s IMO. Bass was cleaner and hit harder, but build quality wasn't the greatest. I have been looking at ordering the P7W through Amazon Warehouse Deals for $320, but it's hard to justify when their latest and greatest is only $80 more. Any insight would be very appreciated! :)

I’m probably about as into EDM as anyone here can be. I absolutely love these things and jam EDM on them for probably over an hour daily. They’re slightly accentuated in the bass and mids, especially sub bass. The treble is ever so slightly rolled off. The soundstage is surprisingly wide and Vivid.

IMHO, EDM can be quite technically demanding at times with the better productions really requiring a faster driver, which these provide in a way I have never heard from a wireless set. The best part about it is how incredibly coherent and tight the bass is. They track very well and will engage in a way that excites and makes you wanna dance. The mids shine with vocals and instruments. I don’t know what else I can say other than I love them for EDM but they’re not bass cannons. They’re very much all about the full picture top to bottom, with a wide soundstage for a closed back. Very vivid image.

Nov 5, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #937 of 2,912
Has anyone tried using these in USB mode on their PC? The sound works fine but the mic doesn't detect any sound in Windows.

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #939 of 2,912
Quick update to my ANC post:

I've been playing with the wired mode and noticed that when these are wired up; the airplane mode actually keeps musicality. Will be using this for music on my next flight and probably wireless for movies.

Also: the wired mode sounds so good I'll be using it a bit more when it makes sense. I mean, why not? The drivers are either derived from or taken from the P9! They sound good enough wired to be stealing some time form my iSine20 w/ Cipher. iSine is technically better and wider but these have this warmth, clarity, impact and stage that's just downright addictive. They sound better than any wireless ANC headphones have a right to. Heck, they sound better than a $400 closed back Dynamic Drivers should for that matter.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #942 of 2,912
Just Picked up a pair of P7W which I really rate (more so than the wired version I owned for a short while a couple of years back).

I’m still keen to hear how the PX will compare even though I have little need for ANC.

Nov 6, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #943 of 2,912
Just Picked up a pair of P7W which I really rate (more so than the wired version I owned for a short while a couple of years back).

I've now compared the P7Ws in-home to the P9s and the Aeon Flow closed - in both cases the P7W won: they're just a supremely great sounding fun headphone wired through my Mojo, and then in a blink you're wireless via AptX.

Granted with the right DAC/amp the AFCs would probably kill it, but I'm just not that sophisticated TBH. I'm waiting on the TH-x00 and the HD600s ... be interesting to see how they compare to the P7s. I just can't believe the PX will be better.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #944 of 2,912
I've now compared the P7Ws in-home to the P9s and the Aeon Flow closed - in both cases the P7W won: they're just a supremely great sounding fun headphone wired through my Mojo, and then in a blink you're wireless via AptX.

Granted with the right DAC/amp the AFCs would probably kill it, but I'm just not that sophisticated TBH. I'm waiting on the TH-x00 and the HD600s ... be interesting to see how they compare to the P7s. I just can't believe the PX will be better.
Ughhh you're making me regret my decision to trade my P7w's for the PX

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #945 of 2,912
Ughhh you're making me regret my decision to trade my P7w's for the PX

Well it seems like all HPs are on a trend to "neutrality" including B&W, which I don't personally like for fun listening ... also there's big push to "hi def" music which I don't trust. Once you start getting above CD quality I think you're in the wild west (upsampled, equipment that can't resolve, etc) which includes "masters", 90% of which I don't trust as the actual master.

So if you wanna keep it simple and fun, P7w wired from a Mojo or wireless AptX, driving Tidal is about 95% IMO. I'll see how the Th-x00's are (as they're supposed to be "fun" too) and of course you can jump up to, say, Atticus' in the $1000 price range, but now you're talking the right dac/amp to bring out the best.

As for the PXs, I haven't gotten them because they look smaller than the P7Ws and from reviews here are sounding neutral ... also I don't like that you can't go passive. If the TH-x00 are a bust I'll try them, though.

I just flew with the P7Ws this weekend and, as usual, despite little kids sitting all around me, I only heard my movie : )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back