Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Blinxat, Sep 29, 2017.
  1. Blinxat
    In the Lufthansa Miles & More catalog I got in the mail new B&W cans show up. Pretty sexy. Love my P7 wireless these will be interesting for travelers that want active NC:

At the moment I don't see them on their website.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    aptX HD :)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    trellus likes this.
  2. XERO1
    7e85f5572932d8b924c1f525fc7c9ec4_jpg.gif

Oooooooo!!!

trellus likes this.
  3. alchemical
    Very excited for these. Details leaked online in a couple of product pages that must have gone live prematurely, since the official unveiling is 3 October. 'Custom Sound App' is mentioned in the details, so I'm assuming B&W's long-rumoured app to tailor the sound profile will be announced too.

4. rgbyhkr
  5. Luminance
  6. WDitters
    Want .. !! :)

7. Citsur86
    My P7 Wireless's might be going on sale! Wonder when the official release date of these is. Maybe today? In for updates! Thanks for sharing.

8. alchemical
    Definitely a day one purchase. Hope they're shipping straight after today's announcement.

9. WDitters
    Spoke with B&W yesterday. Expect 1-2 weeks before they become available.

alchemical likes this.
  10. kdbur
  11. PhilW
  12. Citsur86
  13. DivaFonda
    I hope Magnolia in Best Buy gets demos of these so I can test out the sound. They look great!

14. neil74
    Wondering how these will perform on an iPhone 8 with no aptx support vs say an L G6 or V30 for example.

The iPhone has BT5 but is still limited to AAC as far as I can tell?

Still a bit confused about the real world advantages of AAC vs APTx/APTxHD

15. zviratko
    aptX is supposed to be "the Hi-Fi codec", though I personally can't hear a difference from AAC
    on some tracks and with right devices even SBC sounds just as good (to me)

From my experience AAC uses less battery (because it uses less bandwidth), can withstand without dropouts longer when the signal is weak and sounds just as good as aptX.
    aptX has lower latency (at least with P7 and Macs). AAC sometimes desyncs audio and video when watching movies.

neil74 likes this.