Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Oct 3, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #31 of 2,912
And yeah, the PCMag reviewer may have gotten a bad, glitchy one. It happens.

All the other reviews and impressions seem to be very positive. We shall see.

The PCMag reviewer had feedback the sensor issues to B&W and was given a second pair, which also had the same issues.

B&W then replied that a planned software (firmware?) update is coming to improve the sensor behavior, so let's wait and see.

Oct 4, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #33 of 2,912
I've got way too many all-black cans, and while all-black's still the way to go for a portable can (wear and tear won't show up as badly), that gold looks really nice. It helps that it's mainly a darker blue in the high-wear areas.

Oct 4, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #34 of 2,912
Would be very interested in hearing impressions on how these compare to the Sennheiser Momentum wireless. Reviewers seem to focus on comparing to Sony and Bose, but my feeling is that for wireless SQ with ANC the Sennheiser Momentum wireless are still the cans to beat.

And for best overall wireless I imagine they might not be as strong as the ATH-DSR9B?

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #35 of 2,912
For me the P7 already beat the Momentum 2 over ear in terms of SQ. I never regretted the step away from Sennheiser. ANC on the Momentum however was not bad at all, but definitely bested by both the Bose QC35 ad Sony MDR-1000.. So while I expect a definite Sq improvement over the P7W, I am as curious as anyone else about the ANC :)

Oct 4, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #36 of 2,912
I'm curious, too, mainly for the sound quality. If it's really a step down from the P7W I might hold out a while longer for ANC cans. What ever happened to running in your cans for a few weeks? Have I been living under a rock and that isn't a thing anymore? I wonder how all those first hour reviewers can put a verdict on the sound quality straight out of the box...

Oct 4, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #37 of 2,912
I'm curious, too, mainly for the sound quality. If it's really a step down from the P7W I might hold out a while longer for ANC cans. What ever happened to running in your cans for a few weeks? Have I been living under a rock and that isn't a thing anymore? I wonder how all those first hour reviewers can put a verdict on the sound quality straight out of the box...

They have got them before official announcement so they can post their reviews same day. It's pretty usual in tech reviews.

Oct 4, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #38 of 2,912
So sounds like you can't run these passively unpowered? Meaning no point in hooking up to a portable external amp like a Dragonfly red.

OTOH it sounds like the internal DAC/ Amp will be perfectly matched to the headphones already. It upsamples the incoming audio to 768khz. Additionally it has angled drivers derived from the P9.

If that internal circuitry/ amp/ dac makes it sound better than a P7 with a portable external amp/ DAC then I'm sold on it.

Oct 4, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #40 of 2,912
Anyone who ordered from B&W get a shipping notice? I get charged tax from B&W so may just cancel and order from a retailer who doesn't if the ship time is going to be the same.

Oct 4, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #41 of 2,912
I ordered them yesterday and they were delivered today. (To a shipping agency that will forward them to me).
Next day as promised (UK to UK).

Nobody tried them yet? I'll probably have to wait till next week to get them in hand :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back