Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Oct 5, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #63 of 2,912
First impressions:
- Sound to me is much better than all the other ANCs out there.
- The ANC to me is worse than Bose's and Sony's. No experience with the Sennheiser.
- Build quality is great, nothing to complain, probably the best of the bunch.

hi Munchkinham,
Can you please elaborate a bit on the ANC comparison with Bose? Which Bose model did you compare with and in what environment?

I just recently purchased the new Bose QC35 II. I have other cans for quiet room listening, but I bought the Bose primarily for air/train travel so ANC and isolation are key for that purpose.

Thank you!

Oct 5, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #64 of 2,912
hi Munchkinham,
Can you please elaborate a bit on the ANC comparison with Bose? Which Bose model did you compare with and in what environment?

I just recently purchased the new Bose QC35 II. I have other cans for quiet room listening, but I bought the Bose primarily for air/train travel so ANC and isolation are key for that purpose.

Thank you!

Hi, I tested the Bose QC 35 a few months ago and they cut most of the noise in a store. The PX I've tested at home with Airplane Sounds from speakers, chatter and the ventilation. Everything was muffled but still audible, voices get toned down just a bit. This is on highes settings.

Also there's this weird thing going on were, depending on where I'm looking (changing where the speakers/mics point to) one ear get's suddenly NCed much better than before and sound from outside is barely audible while the other isn't.

No idea if my device is broken, maybe other people can chime in?

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #65 of 2,912
I'm keen to hear these, very much on my radar. Does the fact they are bluetooth affect sound quality or would they be as good as wired? I'd mainly be using them with my S7 Edge around the house and on holiday when we go away again next year.

Oct 5, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #66 of 2,912
All of the PX reviews and owner feedback consistenly say that its ANC is not up to level of Bose and Sony (not surprising, those currently have the best ANC on the market). You have to weigh a compromise between ANC and sound quality.

Oct 5, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #67 of 2,912
You have to weigh a compromise between ANC and sound quality.

I Fully agree. As long as SQ is stellar and ANC is let's say at least 80% of what Sony and Bose are offering, I will be more than happy. Of course I would have loved to see B&W beat Bose on their own turf, but that probably is unrealistic.. :)

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #68 of 2,912
All of the PX reviews and owner feedback consistenly say that its ANC is not up to level of Bose and Sony (not surprising, those currently have the best ANC on the market). You have to weigh a compromise between ANC and sound quality.

If mine aren't broken it might as well not be there. The ANC seems to be very weak. If ANC is important to you, scratch the PX from your list.

Oct 5, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #69 of 2,912
If mine aren't broken it might as well not be there. The ANC seems to be very weak. If ANC is important to you, scratch the PX from your list.

Did you use the app to select the various ANC profiles (Office, City, Flight)?

Oct 5, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #73 of 2,912
Does the fact they are bluetooth affect sound quality or would they be as good as wired?
There is no simple answer. Spotify and Google Play stream at up to 320kbps, which Bluetooth is capable of. When you are not playing a lossless source (Tidal HiFi, full resolution FLAC, etc), Bluetooth can potentially sound as good as wired, but it depends on the quality of the headphone's built-in DAC and amp.

Oct 5, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #74 of 2,912
Is this a multipoint headset?

Oct 5, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #75 of 2,912
Is the sound impacted heavily by ANC in Flight mode?
Without ANC it sounds bright and a bit thin, with lowest it sounds like it has more dynamic and clarity, better bass. With strongest it sounds more narrow, warmer and the bass is stronger. All sound good though.

Is this a multipoint headset?
I've it connected to PC and smartphone no problem.

Very interesting feedback. Do they have any background hiss ? I'm very sensitive to it, the M2 wireless had a lot of hiss to my taste.
I've to concentrate to hear a faint white noise. What bothers me is how the ANC changes on one side at a time, depending on the direction I turn my head.

Another thing I don't like is that I've to have GPS enabled to use the app.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back