Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Oct 3, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #16 of 2,912
Well, I never thought the day would come, but it looks like these will be my first pair of BT-NC cans!

Kudos to B&W! :L3000:

Oct 3, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #18 of 2,912
Well, I couldn't help myself, ordered a pair direct from B&W. Would have shipped today, but got flagged for fraud for some reason. Cleared it up now. Should ship tomorrow. My lightly used PXC 550 will probably be going on the block.

Oct 3, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #20 of 2,912
According to various websites, sonically it should be somewhere between P7 and P9. Its internal codename was P8 at least. The What Hifi review seems to hint that it's indeed an improvement over the P7.

So I ordered it.. Should be in tomorrow :)

Oct 3, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #21 of 2,912
Looking forward to your reviews. What I found online was just a load of BS and recycled press releases without any effort added to it :frowning2: looks like most "reviewers" couldn't be bothered to review it, really...

Oct 3, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #22 of 2,912
More contenders in the BT-NC cans ring. It’s going to be interesting to see how they’ll go against Bose QC35, Sony 1000 and Beats Studio 3. From the reviews it looks like the sound is their biggest strength, however there are few reviews which are not so positive.

I agree with @zviratko - reviews are mostly looking like copy/paste press releases. Maybe it’s just too early. If PXs will turn out to play so well then I’ve finally found the right pick.

Oct 3, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #23 of 2,912
According to various websites, sonically it should be somewhere between P7 and P9. Its internal codename was P8 at least. The What Hifi review seems to hint that it's indeed an improvement over the P7.

I look forward to your review, if you do one.......according to 'Trustedreviews' B&W toned down the warmth from the P7W, which can only be a good thing, for my ears at least as I felt they really over cooked it in those.

I'm gonnna wait for some kind of reduction before I try them........maybe from B&W outlet in a few months time.

Oct 3, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #24 of 2,912

Interesting so sounds like an improvement then over the P7 wireless. I wonder how it scales up if wired with an external amp? So far I have my P7 (non wireless) running through a Dragon Fly Red on my iPhone and am liking it very much.

I might need to put up my P5 and P7 up for sale.

Oct 3, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #28 of 2,912
50hrs Wired/No ANC, which means these cans cannot be run passively. A look into the manual confirms this. Interestingly it can not only use the 3.5mm wired connection but also the USB-C socket for Audio apparently. I will wait for some measurements.

Note: Your PX headphones need to be charged
and switched on to play audio using a jack or
USB cable connection

slightly lame. I assume they want go make sure it sounds the way it does on all devices.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #30 of 2,912
Something strange about that review. Also, your link is bad.

Thanks. Fixed it.

And yeah, the PCMag reviewer may have gotten a bad, glitchy one. It happens.

All the other reviews and impressions seem to be very positive. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back