Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
May 29, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #2,671 of 2,912
BS... there are many users perfectly happy with them. Many posted in this thread too. I can wear mine all day fine... But one of the virtues of the internet is that people with gripes or compliants tend to be 2500 times more vocal than satisfied customers.
And FYI mate, if you read posts from me, I think you'll find I am far more likely to post positive than negative as I am not one who likes to complain for the sake of it, which you kind of implied. Just sayin. Anyway, peace, it's all good.

May 30, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #2,672 of 2,912
It’s a trade off with whichever you buy. I think the premium build quality and feel makes these heavy which does cause pressure on the top of the head, the band is quite hard and for me has a small heavy contact point at the top of the head. They do clamp tight but if they didn’t they’d probably fall off doing anything other than walking or sitting around due to the weight. I’ve tried cleaning my car in mine and when you bend down they break seal and lose sound quality.
I had 1 occasion where the pressure point on top of the head got really really uncomfortable but it hasn’t happened again since to that degree.
Despite updates the sensors are still garbage, in fact worse than with previous updates. They no longer work when the headphones are hot no matter what settings I choose on the app. They take about 3minutes to even stop the music when removed fully. When they are cold they work fine. I’ve given up with the sensors and cope with the comfort.
The sound is absolutely sublime though and I love the headphones despite the problems.
For me the difference in sound quality between these, Sony and Bose is pretty huge and being only an occasional flyer these win pretty much every time.
I believe manufacturers follow these forums and the information they gain can be invaluable to future updates and development so everyone’s view should be valued. I’m looking forward to seeing what the newer model will be like but one thing is for sure, they will never please everyone.

Jun 1, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #2,675 of 2,912
1BC9FA29-19BB-4473-BA79-7877AFD37CBB.jpeg 593BB97F-EB34-45C8-8F88-ECB2654F99D1.jpeg Now with Hardcase :ksc75smile:
I pay 269€ at cyberport Germany. This was a promo.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #2,676 of 2,912
Now that looks sweet. Was the case part of the promotion or where can this be bought? :)

Jun 1, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #2,678 of 2,912
Yes I actually saw that offer but I already own them so I didn‘t want to buy them again :) But the case looks really nice and much better than the old offering!

Jun 4, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #2,684 of 2,912
I just got mine in the mail from Amazon yesterday and I can confirm they do come with a hard case now.

I'll also say I'm really happy so far. I haven't let them burn in too much yet obviously (just some personal listening and running JLab's burn-in track for about 30-45 minutes so far) but I'm really impressed by them so far. Granted I haven't owned any other bluetooth over-ear cans and I'm only recently starting to get interested in hi-fi audio. Also, I was fully expecting the auto-pause to not work well since I've seen others say similar things, but I updated my firmware as soon as I got them and it's worked great for me so far.

Jun 4, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #2,685 of 2,912
Yep, I saw that :upside_down: I mean, I haven't been able to find any information about the case on the Bowers & Wilkins PX page, nor have I been able to find any pics of updated packaging indicating that the PX now includes a hard case. Everything out there still shows the original pouch.

Bought mine at Bestbuy the other week came with the hardcase. I think you will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back