Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Oct 18, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #2,511 of 2,912
I have had the 29 & 54 and found both to tight ... Ended up going for the slightly larger one @UnsaneBrain that we talked about via pm. I'll send you some comparison shots between that and the 54.

Apologies for the tardy response, dannydj. Went on holiday and subsequently had a few days of man flu.

Purchasing the 54 was a mistake on my part as my cognitive abilities were impaired due to having had a few beers so have returned them to Amazon at a cost of £3, which is my loss.

I think this was the one that we spoke about [?]:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphones...9329&sr=8-29&keywords=geekria+hard+shell&th=1

Oct 24, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #2,520 of 2,912
I bought the BOWERS & WILKINS PX last week and use it everyday.

Here’s my little review :

I was looking for a new pair of cans to go wireless to listen to music in my quiet office.
I have been using the SONY MDR1-As since 18 months.

COMFORT :

Obviously the PX are not as comfortable as the MDR1-As (which are among the most comfortable portable headphones).
I have the smallest head in the world so I don’t have problems with these ones. They fit my ears perfectly but they are quite heavy. I wear them 6 hours a day and unlike the SONYs, I can’t say I don’t feel them. They don’t hurt me and I don’t need to change their position.
For me it is a more than acceptable pair of comfortable cans. No more, no less.

BUILD :

They look extremely nice, I have the greyish ones. The construction seems very robust. These are cans made for years and years.
The USB-C plug is a very good thing.

ISOLATION :

I listen to my music without ANC as the quality is better and the passive isolation is quite impressive. I almost can’t hear my keyboard as I am writing this review and I put the volume on very low levels. The passive isolation is a lot more effective than the SONY’s.

I tested the ANC. I don’t hear any difference between ANC OFF and OFFICE MODE. CITY and PLANE modes are quite effective but they lower the sound quality. Bass become a little muddy and you lose a lot of details. This is a feature I will happily use during a airplane trip as I don’t need the best sound quality. But these cans are not made for ANC. These are very good wireless cans and ANC is an option.

FEATURES :

The automatic pause/resume feature works 99% perfectly. I use it in my office so I have to put the cans off when I am moving to another office or if someone wants to talk with me and it works well. The music pauses/resumes or reconnects BT/resumes (the cans shut down after 2min of inactivity) seamlessly and it is a pleasure. I really need to put the cans off in order to pause the music, no false positives when I move my head. I am quite surprised as I have read a lot of bad review regarding this feature. I don’t say it is perfect but it works for me, though.

SOUND :

I was looking for a balanced pair of cans without too much bass and detailed mids and trebles to listen to rock, jazz, acoustic and classical music.
For me it is a big upgrade VS the MDR1-As. I can rediscover my music and finding new details. The SONYs were very good but I think they are more bassy and less accurate than the PXs. The soundstage is bigger, it is a pleasure to listen to live music.
The sound changed between day-1 and now. It became more natural, more accurate and less tube-like.

CONCLUSION :

Very happy with this pair. If you’re looking for bass, look elsewhere. If you want the best ANC, look elsewhere. If you have a big head or if comfort is your top priority, you will have to test these ones before buying.
If you are looking for a balanced pair of wireless cans with a good passive isolation, this is definitely a good choice.

I spent months and months reading reviews and forums in order to choose the best wireless cans. I don’t know if these are the best but I am very happy with them and I would tell my “two-months me” to stop reading the entire internet and buy them right now.

I will be happy to answer questions and I beg you to forgive my English as it is not my first language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back