Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Aug 28, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #2,461 of 2,912
I just thought they'd be worth mentioning since you guys were talking about travel/mobility.
They definitely aren't something that I'd sit down on my couch or desk and listen to; they're more convenient than anything.
Anyways, I don't want to sidetrack this thread too much. It's all about the PX and I'm here talking about AirPods!
LOL! Indeed!

I've actually been using my computer via USB C to the PX for audio, whilst connected via BT to my iPhone (calls) to test out that functionality. So far, so good! I will say, due to the internal AMP/DAC, the sound via wired (3.5mm & USB) and wireless is absurdly close, so much so I'm not sure if it's just The Placebo Effect.

Aug 30, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #2,464 of 2,912
I actually found the sony 1000m2 quite uncomfortable for long periods. It's that spot on the crownof your head that becomes uncomfortable. Would the px be any better from that point?

Aug 30, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #2,467 of 2,912
I actually found the sony 1000m2 quite uncomfortable for long periods. It's that spot on the crownof your head that becomes uncomfortable. Would the px be any better from that point?
For me the PX is uncomfortable in every aspect and the thing barely fits on my head. I do really like the earcup style though, however I do wish they had more padding.
If you care about comfort, I'd recommend the Bose QC35 or Amiron Wireless if you can splurge (Amiron Wireless feel absolutely amazing).

Aug 30, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #2,468 of 2,912
I've never had this issue on top of the head with headphones - I even owned the first iteration of Blue Mo-Fi and did not with that either. I have a reasonable head of thick ish hair though, which may help.

I agree re the case; amazed B&W have not produced a leather accessory case that retails for $150 or something....! They're missing a revenue stream there.

Aug 30, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #2,469 of 2,912
Cant find an sony wh1000xm3 page? So posting here.Its in norwegian,so must translate.

http://www.lydogbilde.no/test/hodetelefoner/sony-wh-1000xm3
Sony! Why you make me buy more?! No buy more! Must save!

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-WH1000XM3-Canceling-Headphones-WH-1000XM3/dp/B07G4MNFS1

upload_2018-8-30_17-23-35.png

Sep 1, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #2,471 of 2,912
Just returned from my 2nd trip with the PX for my work including trains, airplanes and city (London). I love'm...

I really can't relate to any of the comfort issues posted here. They are absolutely fine for me. I can wear them for hours without any discomfort.

For music I only have ANC on during flights in Office mode to lower the background drone. Office mode has the best balance betwee noisen cancelling and sound quality. For watching movies from in-flight entertainment systems, Flight mode is perfect. Other than that I don't use ANC.

During the flight back I was with a colleague who has a QC 35II and we found some music we both had on our iPhones (Tidal downloads). Boy was he a lot less happy with his QC after comparing with my PX... :)

Sep 1, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #2,472 of 2,912
I can't say I've tested out the Noise Cancelling feature as I don't travel much. For me the PX is very much a headphone I use at home while browsing the net etc. But am I right from other posts that it would work via the USB-C on my MacBook straight to the phones? I have quite a bit of lossless music on my laptop and this would be interesting to try. Would there be any difference from using the 3.5mm jack on my Mac?

Being 52, I doubt I hear much if anything above 10khz but I do have good hearing,

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #2,473 of 2,912
I can't say I've tested out the Noise Cancelling feature as I don't travel much. For me the PX is very much a headphone I use at home while browsing the net etc. But am I right from other posts that it would work via the USB-C on my MacBook straight to the phones? I have quite a bit of lossless music on my laptop and this would be interesting to try. Would there be any difference from using the 3.5mm jack on my Mac?

Being 52, I doubt I hear much if anything above 10khz but I do have good hearing,

Why by noise cancelling headphones if you don’t need it? Probably a third of the price is for this feature.

Sep 1, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #2,474 of 2,912
Why by noise cancelling headphones if you don’t need it? Probably a third of the price is for this feature.

Because there aren't any Bluetooth headphones that sound as good as the PX or Senny PXC-550s that don't have some form of Noise Cancelling; it's a neat feature but one I don't need. And I'll never go back to wired headphones.

It's a bit like how my Tissot T-Touch Solar Expert watch comes with a titanium bracelet. I'd have been happy with just a stainless steel one, but all the value of the watch (for me) is in the watch itself.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #2,475 of 2,912

Burty, your post is like a red rag to a bull. Don't worry about ANC as it's rarely needed.

Not sure what your point is unless you can recommend alternative Bluetooth headphones that make me as happy as the PX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back