Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Jan 16, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #1,696 of 2,912
I have the PX but havent found a usc-cable that works so i just took your advice and ordered one from Amazon. Question: when used with normal 3.5 cable there is a hissing sound. Is that not present when running with the usb-c cable?

Almost no hissing... The sound now goes directly into the PX DAC. So unless you have an LG V30 with a quad dac, your sound quality will improve by using the USB-C cable

Jan 17, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #1,697 of 2,912
Almost no hissing... The sound now goes directly into the PX DAC. So unless you have an LG V30 with a quad dac, your sound quality will improve by using the USB-C cable

Hmm ive tried now with two different cables /setups. One with a USB OTG adapter to a USB-C to USB-A cable, and the other a usb-c to usb-c.
Both Neutron and USB audio player recognizes that a USB dac is connected but there is no sound. I can hear a faint click when i start a song but no more. Any ideas?

Jan 17, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #1,698 of 2,912
Hmm ive tried now with two different cables /setups. One with a USB OTG adapter to a USB-C to USB-A cable, and the other a usb-c to usb-c.
Both Neutron and USB audio player recognizes that a USB dac is connected but there is no sound. I can hear a faint click when i start a song but no more. Any ideas?

Does the PX work when connected via USB to a Windows machine?

Jan 17, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #1,700 of 2,912
Ok i got audio to work in USB audio player pro. I had to Enable Upsample and Disable Bit Perfect.
-Edit: Is that the settings you have used as well?

No In my case bitperfect and upsample have no influence on whether or not there is an actual audiosignal on the PX.
But I am working with an LG V30 / MQA-compatible beta version of UAPP to help the Dev to iron out some issues. I will at least take this along in my conversations with him :)

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #1,702 of 2,912
I’ve been having some weird distortion issues with just the right headphone. Seems to be affected by the cold; if I go outside and turn them on the right speaker will be very distorted but usually fixes itself over time. Anyone have any idea if this is a design issue or just a fault with my pair?

Jan 17, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #1,703 of 2,912
I’ve had similar problems in below zero temperatures too. Crackling and constant losing connection or auto swtching off. Fortunately we only have one a year like that in Holland.

Jan 17, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #1,704 of 2,912
I’ve had similar problems in below zero temperatures too. Crackling and constant losing connection or auto swtching off. Fortunately we only have one a year like that in Holland.

I’m in the uk so it isn’t crazy cold and I had no connectivity issues. Was it just the right speaker or both of them for you with crackling?

Jan 17, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #1,706 of 2,912
Yes. It was the right speaker. But the constant switching off was more annoying. B&W wrote to me that this is an unknown issue and recommended me to restart my iPhone. I did and it hasn’t occurred since. As did the cold.

Jan 17, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #1,709 of 2,912
I’ve been having some weird distortion issues with just the right headphone. Seems to be affected by the cold; if I go outside and turn them on the right speaker will be very distorted but usually fixes itself over time. Anyone have any idea if this is a design issue or just a fault with my pair?

I’m in Toronto, Canada and two or three weeks ago we had several days of -20 to -30 degrees celcius weather. Wore the PX every day and never had any issues. They *do* make great ear warmers, indeed!

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #1,710 of 2,912
I’m in Toronto, Canada and two or three weeks ago we had several days of -20 to -30 degrees celcius weather. Wore the PX every day and never had any issues. They *do* make great ear warmers, indeed!

I messaged B&W and they offered me a replacement, so I'll probably just take them up on that. It's barely 0 degrees here so I'm guessing this isn't normal :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back