Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Aug 18, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #1,396 of 1,955
It makes a sound when battery is getting low, but it's not reliable. I had it just switch off without warning, but usually it makes a chime about ~1hour before it turns off and then again about ~10 minutes before it turns off. When it switched off suddenly it was a very very very hot day (but I was inside), so that might have something to do with it. I never cared about the LED indicator so I can't say whether it warned me.
The battery life is otherwise excellent and it recharges quickly, so I personally have no issues with that.

Aug 29, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #1,397 of 1,955
Does anyone know what happens if the maximum amount of devices paired had reached? I am asking this because I got a pre owned pair that the down button doesn't work and can't clear the device list. And I down mind the down button doesn't work. But can't reset the device list.

Aug 29, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #1,398 of 1,955
Someone posted somewhere in thread how to reset the paired list to clear it out.

Aug 29, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #1,400 of 1,955
Sounds like a warranty issue. You should contact the support and tell them your issue. Btw what's the command to reset it? Thanks ahead of time.

Aug 29, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #1,401 of 1,955
Does anyone know what happens if the maximum amount of devices paired had reached? I am asking this because I got a pre owned pair that the down button doesn't work and can't clear the device list. And I down mind the down button doesn't work. But can't reset the device list.

Here's what I posted before.

Checkout this http://bowersandwilkinsus.custhelp....jY1aU5mbW1uIiwic2Vzc2lvbklEIjoiRDMxTmZtbW4ifQ..

It talks about clearing the Bluetooth connection list on the P7W. It might solve your problem.

Aug 29, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #1,402 of 1,955
I went a little crazy recently and picked up both the P5 and P7 wireless. I loved the P7 straight away but it became apparent quite quickly that they were not really practical for a daily commute. So I picked up the P5s when I saw an as-new set on Amazon warehouse, they too sound terrific but not quite as good as the P7 (IMO) and I do prefer over vs on-ears so I picked up a set of these from Amazon and they sound great.

I'm no audio expert but to my un-trained ears they sound pretty close to the P7s and offer a far more commuter friendly package too. So whilst I love the P7s for now they are more likely to sit un-used day to day

20170829_201553(1).jpg 20170829_201603.jpg

Lastly as an aside I do quite admit that I regret dismissing the Bose QC 35 so readily, I would not entertain them due to the lack of apt-x which I think was a mistake. Probably not as good as the P7s but there are times that the ANC would be very nice and having just got back from a holiday in the US I sure could have done with them on that flight!

Aug 29, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #1,403 of 1,955
Someone posted somewhere in thread how to reset the paired list to clear it out.

Sounds like a warranty issue. You should contact the support and tell them your issue. Btw what's the command to reset it? Thanks ahead of time.

Here's what I posted before.

Checkout this http://bowersandwilkinsus.custhelp....jY1aU5mbW1uIiwic2Vzc2lvbklEIjoiRDMxTmZtbW4ifQ..

It talks about clearing the Bluetooth connection list on the P7W. It might solve your problem.

The issue is the volume down button doesn't work, so there is no way to clear the bluetooth devices.

@RAQemUP To reset the headphone devices, hold volume down and bluetooth button at the same time for 2 seconds and the headphone will restart.

Aug 29, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #1,404 of 1,955
I remember buying the P5 series 2 but was left very unimpressed with the sound. I had a chance to swap them for the P7w at the danish retailer where I bought them, and was blown away from the sound in those. Much richer and fuller - whereas the P5 series 2 was thin and airy sound - at least to my ears.

Aug 31, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #1,405 of 1,955
Had some questions I was hoping you all could help me out with. I just got the P7 wireless and am in the middle of my return period window. Pair it with my iPhone 6 Plus. Had read some reviews here and elsewhere prior to buying. Had been really excited about them, as my prior set was some Bose On Ear wireless headphones (the ones originally released late 2014).

The thing that's bothering me most is the bass. I know a lot of reviewers mention this, but I'm surprised how much I find it really distracting and bothersome. I'm a little surprised more people don't complain of it, though I've only read bits and pieces of this 94-page thread. I really don't want to mess with EQ settings; I haven't used any EQ in my 9 years of having iPhones. I particularly love to hear details and textures in vocals (e.g. Bob Dylan throughout the various eras), but vocals do feel pushed back a decent bit and I fear turning up the volume too much might endanger my hearing from all that loud bass.

My question is whether anyone's experienced any "break-in" with the bass becoming less intense over time. I know that might wind up being a mental/brain thing, but I do wonder if these headphones will sound more balanced in this area. Also, does the firmware update impact the bass in any way by chance?

Another question, which perhaps no one can answer, is whether I have a pair that's slightly defective or something, and whether it's worth the hassle of getting another pair. I'm probably just sensitive to the heavy bass, but have there been known reports of "defective" units in this sense with the P7w?

I do like that the P7w makes harsh recordings sound tolerable, like the 2003 Dylan remasters and even Oasis' What's The Story (which always sounded bad to me). The general warmth itself is nice, though I'm conflicted whether I'd prefer more clarity from another headphone.

Thanks!

Sep 1, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #1,406 of 1,955
the bass is leaner when wired

all in all the bass is the weakest part anyway, not much due to the lift but due to the distortion. Well, we can still dream about TH-900 level distortion throughout the whole bass region. :D

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #1,407 of 1,955
Does anyone know what DAC is used inside the B&W P7 wireless headphones? Just curious.

Sep 1, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #1,408 of 1,955
Had some questions I was hoping you all could help me out with. I just got the P7 wireless and am in the middle of my return period window. Pair it with my iPhone 6 Plus. Had read some reviews here and elsewhere prior to buying. Had been really excited about them, as my prior set was some Bose On Ear wireless headphones (the ones originally released late 2014).

The thing that's bothering me most is the bass. I know a lot of reviewers mention this, but I'm surprised how much I find it really distracting and bothersome. I'm a little surprised more people don't complain of it, though I've only read bits and pieces of this 94-page thread. I really don't want to mess with EQ settings; I haven't used any EQ in my 9 years of having iPhones. I particularly love to hear details and textures in vocals (e.g. Bob Dylan throughout the various eras), but vocals do feel pushed back a decent bit and I fear turning up the volume too much might endanger my hearing from all that loud bass.

My question is whether anyone's experienced any "break-in" with the bass becoming less intense over time. I know that might wind up being a mental/brain thing, but I do wonder if these headphones will sound more balanced in this area. Also, does the firmware update impact the bass in any way by chance?

Another question, which perhaps no one can answer, is whether I have a pair that's slightly defective or something, and whether it's worth the hassle of getting another pair. I'm probably just sensitive to the heavy bass, but have there been known reports of "defective" units in this sense with the P7w?

I do like that the P7w makes harsh recordings sound tolerable, like the 2003 Dylan remasters and even Oasis' What's The Story (which always sounded bad to me). The general warmth itself is nice, though I'm conflicted whether I'd prefer more clarity from another headphone.

Thanks!

I would say that you are just not used to it. to be honest, the P7W's bass is quite extended compared when wired on or to the old wired P7 but it doesn't mean it's bad and is pretty much ample and not over-emphasized compared to the majority of headphones. it just depends on the type of music that you are listening to. I would advice you to look closely at your Iphone's music and headphone settings and see if they are properly set and had the EQ disengaged. atleast that's what I'd do if I find the headphone doesn't sound right. like you I don't use EQ as well but if that doesn't change anything, just use the EQ and tone down the bass region down and increase the mids. it's not really a problem at all.

Sep 2, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #1,409 of 1,955
Thanks for the replies, that's helpful. I went to Best Buy / Magnolia last night and very briefly listened to their P7 wired phones, and the bass was definitely less intense. I have about a week before the return period window ends, but I might hang on to the P7W given my preference to avoid ANC and the limitations I've read about some of the other bluetooth headphones out there. I do wish the sound was a bit more "airy," though it's nice not to worry as much about ear fatigue from harsher recordings.

I feel some of the recent MFSL releases have a similar sonic signature (warm, a bit bassy, rolled off treble, not the sharpest or most upfront vocals) so hopefully the combination with these headphones won't be too much!

Sep 2, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #1,410 of 1,955
Thanks for the replies, that's helpful. I went to Best Buy / Magnolia last night and very briefly listened to their P7 wired phones, and the bass was definitely less intense. I have about a week before the return period window ends, but I might hang on to the P7W given my preference to avoid ANC and the limitations I've read about some of the other bluetooth headphones out there. I do wish the sound was a bit more "airy," though it's nice not to worry as much about ear fatigue from harsher recordings.

I feel some of the recent MFSL releases have a similar sonic signature (warm, a bit bassy, rolled off treble, not the sharpest or most upfront vocals) so hopefully the combination with these headphones won't be too much!

it is one of the things that I loved about the old wired P7. I guess B&W wanted to cater the bassheads and did some changes with the new wireless P7, earpad damps and some new electronic materials used. although I'm not so sure whether the firmware update on the wireless one would somehow lower the bass down a bit or atleast equalize it. I have read some people saying such things although I couldn't confirm if it's true or not. anyway, as far as signature goes, I guess the wireless P7 would be somewhat close to the sound signature of the Momentum 2, imo. I still might consider getting the wireless P7 since I'm looking for a wireless option for it but the difference in sound signature especially when wireless does give me some hesitation. if given the choice, maybe the HP50 is a better choice for you if bass was that a big of a deal, but let me remind you that using an EQ should not discourage you from giving the P7 Wireless a chance. it might grow on you after some long play or in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back