Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9!
Mar 18, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #1,111 of 2,022
Not much news on the free cable.- I asked a few days ago, and got a standard reply:

[COLOR=292F33]The P9 Lightning cable is currently in development. If you have registered your P9's you will be sent a cable when available.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=292F33]​Wasn't it delayed til In the middle of 2017 instead of early 2017?[/COLOR]

Right now I'm testing the Sony MDR-Z7 against my P9's...

I had a response from B&W on Wednesday. It said:

"With regards to the Lightning connector cable, this will be available around mid 2017. If you wish to keep your purchase, please sign into your B&W account here and register your P9 Signature Headphones. As soon as the cable is available, we will contact you with the next steps towards claiming your free of charge Lightning connector cable."

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #1,115 of 2,022
 Today i tried both my focal elears and p9s on some movies.Watched the whole Arrival movie with the elears.The sound was good.Then i tested the p9s.And wow,just wow.The sound was just amazing.It was so engaging,immersive and plain fun.It was almost like sitting in the cinemas.Of course the surround effects isnt that good.But i still felt some of the sound was outside my head.The elears was maybe more realistic and maybe more studio sounding.But the p9s relly kicked the hell out of them.Listenig to the p9s was pure fun.I know that herafter i rather use the p9s on movies when im alone than my stereo ( "old" bowers & wilkins 683 and pioneer lx81 reciever).I used them with my chord mojo.I would recommend everyone with the p9s,to try them on movies. Cheers :D

Ps:I tested arrival,kung fu panda 3 and the revenant on them.Dolby digital i think.Next thing must be to try hd sound on them from movies :)

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #1,117 of 2,022
I haven't said any impressions. I only care about facts. If you look at my posts you can see I haven't said a single thing about how I think they sound.

Sound is too subjective to give any meaningful impressions in my opinion. You should only trust real measurements. If B&W have said the drivers are the same AND measurements confirm they charts are the same then there's not really much room to discuss if they sound different.

Are there any links to the headphone measurements of the P9 and P7 to compare?

Edit: You guys are talking about the p7 (original) vs p7 wireless (but in wired mode). If that's true then they definitely have different headphone measurements according to innerfidelity. The graph has the original p7 with more sub bass for starters.

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #1,118 of 2,022
  I was in the B&W shop today in Singapore. I was SOOOOOOOO disappointed when I tried on the P9. My Sony MDR 1A are 10 times more comfortable...

Yes, comfort while good is not excellent with the four P series headphones I have tried. The MDR 1A which I owned has to be one of the most comfortable headphones out there. The only headphone I remember feeling was even more comfortable was my D7000.

Mar 27, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #1,120 of 2,022
  Yes, comfort while good is not excellent with the four P series headphones I have tried. The MDR 1A which I owned has to be one of the most comfortable headphones out there. The only headphone I remember feeling was even more comfortable was my D7000.

Really?  I find the P5s divinely comfortable.  Agree that the P9s could be more comfortable.

Mar 27, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #1,121 of 2,022
Really?  I find the P5s divinely comfortable.  Agree that the P9s could be more comfortable.
completely different.

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #1,122 of 2,022
Mar 27, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #1,123 of 2,022
Well for now I'm selling everything as Ive been on a land contract with intent to buy within a certain amount of time which is very very soon. Just want to make sure I'll have enough down payment for the bank. Will be redoing everything once house is in my name

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #1,124 of 2,022
Well for now I'm selling everything as Ive been on a land contract with intent to buy within a certain amount of time which is very very soon. Just want to make sure I'll have enough down payment for the bank. Will be redoing everything once house is in my name

Makes sense, speakers can always be found again when appropriate. I use two REL T-Zero subs to support the R300s and the results are spectacular. The R300 is a very nice speaker. What did you think of them?

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #1,125 of 2,022
They are a great line of speakers. Dispersion is great on them. a few things about them I don't like but it's nit picking. Not a big metal dome tweeter kind of guy is all. Other than that they're solid. Wanna buy them?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back