Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9!
Mar 28, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #1,126 of 2,022
They are a great line of speakers. Dispersion is great on them. a few things about them I don't like but it's nit picking. Not a big metal dome tweeter kind of guy is all. Other than that they're solid. Wanna buy them?!

Already own some thanks!

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #1,128 of 2,022
Mar 29, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #1,131 of 2,022
p9 with that review will not see any love  :)
Bass cannons with great mids and quality treble. Only issue was a lot of mid bass rhat went along with its super sub bass.

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #1,134 of 2,022
I never understand why people are so swayed by a review or reviews. By all means take on board what they say but to change your mind due to a review is a little beyond me.

The P9's will be bass heavy if you don't like bass. I think they are a superb pair of headphones with a bass that kicks and kicks hard but for me they are not bloated or overpowering in the bass. I'm not really a basshead either. My Fidue A91 are mid focused and not bass strong, my tuning on the FLC8s leans towards neutral.

I took a risk with these, read some reviews and views from others and took the plunge without a demo. Like others a demo is very hard hear in North Devon without travelling at least 60-100 miles. My thought was if they are really bad then they can go back, thankfully that's not the case.

I respect the review, but I don't agree with it, I think it's miles from my own personal feeling towards them, doesn't make me or the reviewer right or wrong though.........although I am right!!!

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #1,136 of 2,022
To put my review in perspective, it's not the quantity of bass that is off-putting, it's the quality as well as the upper bass. It sounds bloated. That review was with the Z1R, Atticus, Eikon, Ether Flow C (not much bass) on deck.

I was initially going to do a 5 way shoot out but found the P9 not worthy of it.

The singer of Alabama Shakes sounded dark, withdrawn, and stuffy throughout the whole album. I have never heard that before. Plus they are super uncomfortable.

I really do not understand the praise of the mid range with these headphones.

Down to opinions I suppose, I find them very comfortable, have worn them for hours with no issue.  Same with the mid range for me, no issue for me, I find it shines with my listening choices.

All down to what we like, I find some things on head-fi that people rave about to be very over rated and hyped but again horses for courses!!

Mar 30, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #1,138 of 2,022
Mar 30, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #1,140 of 2,022
beagle, sometimes i get so flabbergasted when i read these reviews. My educated guess, either an inexperienced reviewer or just bloody out their depth and wherewithal..
Just gobsmacked really.....!!!

What used to happen was that people compared the sound of their loudspeakers (using a good dynamic recording) to that of a live musical performance. If they bought headphones, they'd compare the sound of the headphones to their speakers (that they had compared to what they perceived as live sounds). Now there are clusters of folk who only compare the sound of a headphone to that of another headphone, with no other point of reference. Which is pretty much useless IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back