Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Dec 4, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #2,476 of 5,137
Thanks. Indeed. I never let it get below 30… but I didn’t know about over charging. Thanks.

On the up side… I called B&W and the problem was resolved with a factory reset. I have no idea what caused the issue, but the reset resolved it for now. Back to the 30+ hours.

And shout out to B&W customer service. No wait time. Got the solution right the first time. Had a contingency plan ready to go if it didn’t work and followed up. Kudos to them and lots of gratitude.
Glad it worked out. And yes - B&W service is outstanding. I got a new pair of a newer and more expensive model once because of a small issue with glue residue underneath the ear pads.

Dec 4, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #2,477 of 5,137
Louder maybe, but if B&W somehow did some voodoo magic to enhance the sound vs Tidal or other sources I am sure they would not miss the chance to market this feature.

I dont use Tidal myself anymore and cant try with any of my streaming subscriptions either - if anyone else has the same experience it would be interesting to hear.
I also found that Tidal thru B&W app is louder, though the sound quality seems the same to me. I go back and forth. I wish that if you used Tidal thru the BW app, they gave you more options, ie all the saved albums and songs are in alphabetical order and there is no way to change that to chronologically, etc as you can do thru the Tidal app.

Dec 4, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #2,478 of 5,137
Thanks. Indeed. I never let it get below 30… but I didn’t know about over charging. Thanks.

On the up side… I called B&W and the problem was resolved with a factory reset. I have no idea what caused the issue, but the reset resolved it for now. Back to the 30+ hours.

And shout out to B&W customer service. No wait time. Got the solution right the first time. Had a contingency plan ready to go if it didn’t work and followed up. Kudos to them and lots of gratitude.
Yep, mine is now also completely back to normal, though in my case it took a little bit more effort than a factory reset. At this point I think the battery issue, should it happen to anyone, is nothing more than a temporary inconvenience.

Dec 4, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #2,480 of 5,137
I've not felt the need to use any other EQ compared to what's built in to the B&W app (for my PX7 S2), but I do use Poweramp for the Beats Studio 3 that I have. It makes them at least sound decent.

For me I've found myself building different playlists on Spotify for songs that really sound good on the Px8. A lot of music that was "fine" on my XM3s simply sounds bad on the Px8s. Mastering is actually important now haha.

I imagine those songs that sound bad can greatly benefit from selective EQ, but right now I'm finding it much more fun to curate new listening experiences before I enhance the old ones.

Dec 4, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #2,481 of 5,137
For me I've found myself building different playlists on Spotify for songs that really sound good on the Px8. A lot of music that was "fine" on my XM3s simply sounds bad on the Px8s. Mastering is actually important now haha.

I imagine those songs that sound bad can greatly benefit from selective EQ, but right now I'm finding it much more fun to curate new listening experiences before I enhance the old ones.
I know what you mean, but I think this is mainly because of the relative lack of detail in XM3.
I would say that PX8 with its smooth treble and warm mids is actually quite forgiving and make crappy recordings ok to listen to (unlike e g Bathys). But sure it is nice with good masters.

Dec 4, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #2,483 of 5,137

For sure. I'm a firm believer that certain headphones actually drive you toward certain tracks. My playlists when I was mainlining Solaris vs Stellia vs P9 are different, and I think we naturally play to the strengths of the tuning we have access to.

Dec 5, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #2,488 of 5,137
Hey guys, I saw on Flossy's video there was some really poor video latency with the PX8s. Can anyone confirm that they've seeing the same issue with theirs?
On iPhone and iPad I dont detect much latency.
Not sure what Flossy is trying to do or what gear he used but this was only one of many weird things in his ”review”, sound test aside. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back