Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Dec 5, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #2,491 of 5,138
Hey guys, I saw on Flossy's video there was some really poor video latency with the PX8s. Can anyone confirm that they've seeing the same issue with theirs?
Already six users replying that they dont have much latency worth mentioning. Says pretty much about Flossys ”review”.

Dec 5, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #2,492 of 5,138
This forum has been very helpful in many ways, and have pointed out two "reviewers" on YT thus far, who have no credibility. And those are just two of the 'audio reviewers' who have addressed the PX8 on their channels. While YT can be a helpful, informative and entertaining media, it certainly requires almost as much time for weeding out the bad channels as in enjoying relevant or general content.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #2,493 of 5,138
This forum has been very helpful in many ways, and have pointed out two "reviewers" on YT thus far, who have no credibility. And those are just two of the 'audio reviewers' who have addressed the PX8 on their channels. While YT can be a helpful, informative and entertaining media, it certainly requires almost as much time for weeding out the bad channels as in enjoying relevant videos.
I tend to ignore most of the biased and faulty information cabled out via Youtube. Also magazine reviews like What! Hifi is pretty pointless.

Better read here and get the impression from the actual headphone nerds. :)

Dec 5, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #2,495 of 5,138
New video:

Seems to be agreeing with the general vibe here. PX8 'more emotionally intimate' 'kicks harder in the low end' and les spacious and well separated than the Bathys. Seems like he thinks there are trade offs to both. And he said they have 'very different sonic signatures' too, which I think is a great way to put it. Seems like he prefers Bathys overall soundwise though, yet says he'd keep the PX8 over them all things considered... Glad Darko caved to the comments demands and did this!

Good to have the mic test, Bathys is better on that front and it may be important to some. Not for me, airpods pro only for calls thankee very much.

His point about being self conscious in public wearing them is very true, the Bathys really do potrude and stand out a lot more. I feel pretty low key with PX8, even though it's still a big headphone for portable use imo.

Dec 5, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #2,496 of 5,138
New video:

I have to take back what I just wrote earlier today about YouTubers. Darko is actually one of the good ones. Agree with pretty much his entire comparison with Bathys and the conclusion.

Also overall nice review and video. No idiotic ”Max bass and treble” sound tests, no categorically blunt statements or measurements showing nothing. Kudos to John.

Last but not least I wish I had his accent. :)

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #2,497 of 5,138
I have to take back what I just wrote earlier today about YouTubers. Darko is actually one of the good ones. Agree with pretty much his entire comparison with Bathys and the conclusion.

Also overall nice review and video. No idiotic ”Max bass and treble” sound tests, no categorically blunt statements or measurements showing nothing. Kudos to John.

Last but not least I wish I had his accent. :)
I like his reviews but wish he went back to more written reviews . He has shifted to a lot of video reviews.

Dec 5, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #2,498 of 5,138
I like his reviews but wish he went back to more written reviews . He has shifted to a lot of video reviews.
Unfortunately, statistics better out than anyone under the age of 30 or even 35 prefer video to the written word which I disagree with even at 31 but I’m in the minority.

Dec 5, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #2,499 of 5,138
I think in his heart Darko likes making visual content the most. His vids have a lot of artistry in them which you don't really see on any other tech channel to my knowledge. Certainly not audio reviews anyway.

Dec 6, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #2,500 of 5,138

Attachments

• 20221206_085949.jpg
    20221206_085949.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221206_085940.jpg
    20221206_085940.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #2,501 of 5,138
Dec 6, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #2,502 of 5,138
Nice colour scheme. Lets just hope there is no visible McLaren logo on the outside of the cups or headband.
If the Bond edition are anything to go by then I imagine it will be a minimal logo. Will be surprised if there is no carbon fibre somewhere on them though lol.

Guess McLaren were on the lookout for another headphone Collab after Klipsch shelved their HP-1 McLaren headphones.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #2,503 of 5,138
The Px8 have been so good they’ve made me upgrade my existing B&W speakers and also add another set to the house. :L3000: I recently got a Bluesound Node for streaming for one of the systems and it also gave me a chance to try out the Px8 in AptX HD.

The difference to my ears between AAC and AptX HD is noticeable, a good 10% improvement at least. There’s a bit more spaciousness and everything is a bit tightened up and clarity dialed up ever so slightly. Ideally I would be listening to them like this, but even in AAC with my Apple devices I am more than happy. I would not walk around with dongles out of my iOS devices for it or get a dedicated player, nor am I switching away from my iPhone.
To me on Android device as a source the difference between AAC and APTX HD is 30% better, because AAC on Android is garbage.

However AAC from iOS or M1 based Mac Mini is almost as good as APTX HD from Android. Maybe 10% better on APTX HD.

Dec 6, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #2,504 of 5,138
Seems to be agreeing with the general vibe here. PX8 'more emotionally intimate' 'kicks harder in the low end' and les spacious and well separated than the Bathys. Seems like he thinks there are trade offs to both. And he said they have 'very different sonic signatures' too, which I think is a great way to put it. Seems like he prefers Bathys overall soundwise though, yet says he'd keep the PX8 over them all things considered... Glad Darko caved to the comments demands and did this!

Good to have the mic test, Bathys is better on that front and it may be important to some. Not for me, airpods pro only for calls thankee very much.

His point about being self conscious in public wearing them is very true, the Bathys really do potrude and stand out a lot more. I feel pretty low key with PX8, even though it's still a big headphone for portable use imo.
What is quite surprising is his point that ML5909 is the best sounding, whereas almost everyone on several threads here that have experienced PX8, BATHYS, 5909 have not put 5909 in first place for sound quality. People here say it is too bright and not enough low end?

I have not listened to 5909 but this video makes me very interested in it.

Dec 6, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #2,505 of 5,138
To me on Android device as a source the difference between AAC and APTX HD is 30% better, because AAC on Android is garbage.

However AAC from iOS or M1 based Mac Mini is almost as good as APTX HD from Android. Maybe 10% better on APTX HD.
It always amazes me how some people are able to put a percentage on sound differences. In the world of hi fi, 10% would be a massive improvement and your statement basically says ”dont listen over AAC”.

Meanwhile I can barely distinguish between USB wired and AAC. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back