Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Nov 29, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #2,372 of 5,137
Why? Because 2 owners reported battery issues?
Take a look in some other threads (Bathys etc) and youll see that most new products have some issues. The important thing is that you buy with warranty from a solid dealer.

I would rather refrain from buying it due to finicky wear sensors which seem to be a design flaw rather than an isolated problem.
Yes, because this is a very niche product, meaning that those 2 users will represent a larger percentage than 2 users posting issues about the AirPod Max for example. Not only that, this is a problem that could be very easy to overlook/miss if you own the device.

Nov 29, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #2,373 of 5,137
Yes, because this is a very niche product, meaning that those 2 users will represent a larger percentage than 2 users posting issues about the AirPod Max for example. Not only that, this is a problem that could be very easy to overlook/miss if you own the device.
Maybe. I would not draw any conclusions before product is a bit more mature in the market. Early batch issues tend to be more frequent.

But sure it is annoying.

Nov 29, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #2,376 of 5,137
Well, as one of the two users, I'd say the problem is moot. Mine are now charging, discharging and playing perfectly. Anyway, if you have a warranty you have no problem. B&W Phone support is always available, knowledgable and friendly (and ok, a bit strict on the warranty). FWIW, they also have a policy that allows you to buy a new model at 25% discount if you are out-of-warranty. I like these enough that I would probably have gone that route if mine were truly defective.

Nov 29, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #2,378 of 5,137
Keep in mind warranty does not cover battery issues, so make sure you are getting accurate battery stats within your 30 day return window.
Here in Sweden B&W sell exclusively through a local distributor. There is no returns offered at all on headphones due to ”hygiene” reasons.
Quite sure B&W would solve an issue similar to the charging problem described earlier in this thread anyway, and not try to weasel their way out of that.

Nov 29, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #2,380 of 5,137
Here in Sweden B&W sell exclusively through a local distributor. There is no returns offered at all on headphones due to ”hygiene” reasons.
Quite sure B&W would solve an issue similar to the charging problem described earlier in this thread anyway, and not try to weasel their way out of that.

I would hope so too, that said, for almost a thousand, it would suck to run into a battery issue day 37 into your purchase and they stick to their warranty. One of those, its better to be safe than sorry situations.

Nov 29, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #2,381 of 5,137
Ouch, that makes the situation even worse then. I'll wait out at least another couple months to see if anyone else reports about this battery/charging issue.

Like @Denkmal said, I do not think its that widespread, everyone will have issues with products. I purchased through B&W and Im logging my time with them to make sure nothing wild happens before my 30 day window expires.

Nov 29, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #2,382 of 5,137
Like @Denkmal said, I do not think its that widespread, everyone will have issues with products. I purchased through B&W and Im logging my time with them to make sure nothing wild happens before my 30 day window expires.
I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying for me personally I'd wait given how this just came out. I appreciate all the insights from everyone in the thread though, I think it's important people post both the good and bad about products they own.

Nov 29, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #2,383 of 5,137
I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying for me personally I'd wait given how this just came out. I appreciate all the insights from everyone in the thread though, I think it's important people post both the good and bad about products they own.
I read about this guy in the Focal Bathys thread who got a faulty driver. Twice.
Another case with M&D MW65.
Multiple issues with Focal and Hifiman cans. And other brands of course.
I had issues with a Sony XM3, other problems with Sennheisers.

There is probably no consumer electronics out there with zero defects.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #2,384 of 5,137
I read about this guy in the Focal Bathys thread who got a faulty driver. Twice.
Another case with M&D MW65.
Multiple issues with Focal and Hifiman cans. And other brands of course.
I had issues with a Sony XM3, other problems with Sennheisers.

There is probably no consumer electronics out there with zero defects.
You want defects, buy a Topping product.

Nov 29, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #2,385 of 5,137
Keep in mind warranty does not cover battery issues, so make sure you are getting accurate battery stats/behavior within your 30 day return window.
I'm not so sure about that. They were about to set up an exchange with mine until I mentioned how I bought them.
edit: I read the warranty. It mentions batteries under normal wear "depletion with use". This is not that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back