Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Nov 29, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #2,386 of 5,141
Here's my impression of the PX8 after listening for 15 minutes or so :

1) Boy has bluetooth come a long way as I haven't used a bluetooth headset in years. Wireless vs wired is pretty close , with wired slightly better audio quality.
2) Detail is great particularly for vocals and acoustic material
3) I can see those who love treble sparkle may be a little disappointed . But unlike what Headphones.com said ,there is still good detail there in the upper ranges.
4) The build and comfort are top notch. Actually beyond that.

This is a different headphone from my Dan Clark Aeon's and Sennheiser HD800s's but is still very enjoyable and will be my travel headphones .

Nov 30, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #2,389 of 5,141
Here in Sweden B&W sell exclusively through a local distributor. There is no returns offered at all on headphones due to ”hygiene” reasons.
Quite sure B&W would solve an issue similar to the charging problem described earlier in this thread anyway, and not try to weasel their way out of that.

Now you can also buy them from Amazon Sweden. Bit more expensive, but better return policy for sure!

They sound nice - just got them today. Might write more after more listening sessions.

Nov 30, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #2,390 of 5,141
Just an fyi, I'm having the battery issue as well. I have the Black. Mine wont charge. I put in on the charger, the light blinks for about 60 secs, then shows a solid green like it's 100%. As soon as I take it off the charger, light turns orange and battery shows 25%.

Luckily for me, ABT is going to honor the exchange even though I'm outside my window. Hats off to them!

Nov 30, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #2,392 of 5,141
Now you can also buy them from Amazon Sweden. Bit more expensive, but better return policy for sure!

They sound nice - just got them today. Might write more after more listening sessions.
Yeah I saw that by they were not in stock and about a month later delivery than HifiKlubben.
Also, except the return policy HifiKlubben is local, has excellent service and actually gives an extended warranty with an extra year to what B&W offers.
I was in contact with HifiKlubben about the finicky proximity sensors and they said ”you know what, feel free to wait as long as you want (within the 3 year warranty) and if youre unhappy with the sensors or the slow firmware updates you can return them”.
Pretty ok.
The sensors actually perform consistently for me now - on ”Low” they rarely pause the music randomly, but they work as intended for pausing when I lift an earcup. The only issue is that resuming music never works, I need to do this manually. Same for the rest of you?

Nov 30, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #2,393 of 5,141
Just an fyi, I'm having the battery issue as well. I have the Black. Mine wont charge. I put in on the charger, the light blinks for about 60 secs, then shows a solid green like it's 100%. As soon as I take it off the charger, light turns orange and battery shows 25%.

Luckily for me, ABT is going to honor the exchange even though I'm outside my window. Hats off to them!
What happens if you leave them plugged in
for a few hours?
Have you tried using the stock cable and a good power brick with >15W power delivery?
I noticed that it did behave weirdly when using a 5W adapter and a crappy cable from AliExpress. Using my Apple bricks (18 & 20W) and good cable, no issue.

Nov 30, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #2,394 of 5,141

How many times have you charged them since owning them?

Nov 30, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #2,398 of 5,141
What happens if you leave them plugged in
for a few hours?
Have you tried using the stock cable and a good power brick with >15W power delivery?
I noticed that it did behave weirdly when using a 5W adapter and a crappy cable from AliExpress. Using my Apple bricks (18 & 20W) and good cable, no issue.
Nothing happens. The light just stays green and it shows like it's 100% in the app. As soon as I remove it from the charger, percentage drops to 25%. I have an Anker power brick in my office that I use to charge many things including my headphones. I've tried 3 cables, one by Anker, one that came with my Audeze Penrose, and the one that came with my PX8. None worked. No issues charging my Focal Bathys or M&D MW75

The funny thing for me is, I've been going back and forth between the PX8 and MW75 this past week, trying to decide if I want to get rid of one since they both kind of sit in the same space as a fun headphone to go with my Bathys, and I definitely have plans to try the new T+A Solitaire T and could use a little extra cash for that. Now all of sudden, yesterday this happens and on top of that, Flossy releases his review of the PX8 and came to the conclusion he did. I'm a person who definitely pays attention to signs :thinking:

Nov 30, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #2,399 of 5,141
Listen to them for a little bit then charge again and see if they go past 25%. If so, rinse and repeat. Once you get to 100 they should discharge and charge normally after that.
I saw your post and already tried that, didn't work. Did that right before I reached out to ABT with a hope and a prayer that they could help so I didn't have to go through B&W. The only concern I have now is whether or not I'm going to even open the replacement they send me or put it up for sale as brand new :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nov 30, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #2,400 of 5,141
I saw your post and already tried that, didn't work. Did that right before I reached out to ABT with a hope and a prayer that they could help so I didn't have to go through B&W. The only concern I have now is whether or not I'm going to even open the replacement they send me or put it up for sale as brand new :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
fwiw I did have to plug and unplug mine several times before it started to do the charge thing. If you see 100% in the app, you need to unplug, plug again. But yeah, you probably already know that. Sorry it didn't work for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back