Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Nov 22, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #2,146 of 5,215
The BT and DAC product threads on Head-Fi always become so much more combative than, say, the threads by tube amp aficionados. Must be a demographic thing...
Please do elaborate on this intelligent thought of yours…

Nov 22, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #2,147 of 5,215
Nov 22, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #2,148 of 5,215
I listen to my Stellia on AAC frequently. Its actually very strange to me people can say AAC somehow sets a ceiling on performance or a strong bottleneck. Anyone saying that needs to hear a Stellia or even a Clear on an iFi go
blu. It sounds tremendous, and way beyond what say a Bathys can do an aptx hd, or any BT headphone.

I wonder if they even bothered to properly test those assertions...

Thanks for this feedback. We also think that GO Blu works great for a wireless, tiny and affordable device. BT playback is in a different place than it was several years ago :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Nov 22, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #2,149 of 5,215
I don't mind a bit of a heated debate, provided that those Sony XM5 fanboys don't row in here, saying that those thin pads don't dig into your face, and that there is nothing wrong with the adaptive ANC on their fanboy Sony's! :ksc75smile:

Nov 22, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #2,152 of 5,215
I had a weird battery issue with the px8 yesterday. After it ran low and I got the "bing-bong" warning I recharged to 100% -- or so I thought -- because it proceeded to discharge precipitously after that, appx. 2 hours usage. This happened a couple more times and I thought I might have a defective pair, but an overnight charging session fixed everything. Just mentioning in case it happens to anyone else.

Nov 22, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #2,153 of 5,215
Interesting opinions around the H95 - I love mine however I think the Px8 is a step above as an offering from my few days of listening (and over a year and a half with the H95).

Thankfully I’ll be keeping both.

Nov 22, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #2,155 of 5,215
Interesting opinions around the H95 - I love mine however I think the Px8 is a step above as an offering from my few days of listening (and over a year and a half with the H95).

What is your initial impression on the differences between PX8 and PX7s2?

Nov 22, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #2,156 of 5,215
What is your initial impression on the differences between PX8 and PX7s2?
Overall similar - Px8 seems more detailed, mids are fuller and overall a little cleaner sounding. They’re both very musical and I enjoy listening to them both (would never have tried the Px8 if the S2’s were crap). Neither of them are fantastic at low volume.

The build on the Px8 is much nicer.

I wouldn’t say the sound variance is worth price difference alone, with the build it’s closer to be justified. For most people I’d say try them side by side, see/feel the difference, and make a decision from there. Px7S2’s will probably win out in 80% of cases.

Nov 22, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #2,157 of 5,215

just curious, what codec/ os are you using?

also have you tried to listen any hifi- low focused music?
I tried some lows/ sub bass focused music and found myself i like h95 over PX8.

for example:
Hans Zimmer - why so serious ( from ~ 3:20 to 5:30)

Nov 22, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #2,158 of 5,215

for example:
Yes, that's normal and natural. That's one reason why I kept Bathys over PX8. And don't get me wrong I love how px8 sound. But competent as they are I feel here the preference is about how music gets to your brain and heart!

Nov 22, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #2,159 of 5,215
Yes, that's normal and natural. That's one reason why I kept Bathys over PX8. And don't get me wrong I love how px8 sound. But competent as they are I feel here the preference is about how music gets to your brain and heart!
Yeah I agree. just having hard time to keep one since i Have speaker system at home and this is only for traveling
I don't go trip often, so do not want to have 2 headphones ^_^

Nov 22, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #2,160 of 5,215
iPhone via AAC
iPhone via aptx HD/Adaptive (BT adapter)

for example:
No specific A/B test yet, will give a few a whirl tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back