Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Nov 22, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #2,131 of 5,370
Well, I prefer my bass to be fast and in line with the music. Not artificial and overblown.
But you are right that there are many headphones with MORE bass than the Px8, for sure.

Personal preference, as always.

I think most experienced ears would place H95 in a lower caregory than PX8 (and Bathys) for sound quality, maybe more in the same league as the APM. Good but not the best.
I am not sure if it is aritificial and overblown. PX8 just cannot reach some low frequnecey as h95 does

I own KEF R11 speaker system with sub woofer for ~3 years . i'dsay, H95 is more closer to that system compare to PX8 when i am listening to hi-fi music

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #2,132 of 5,370
I am not sure if it is aritificial and overblown. PX8 just cannot reach some low frequnecey as h95 does

I own KEF R11 speaker system with sub woofer for ~3 years . i'dsay, H95 is more closer to that system compare to H95 when i am listening to hi-fi music
Could be. You could of course try eq:ing the PX8. There is bass and sometimes too much, it is far from an anemic headphone. Oth of course there could be more sub bass.

On the other hand, I dont listen to ”hifi” stereo with subwoofer so maybe my preferences are not in the same range as yours.

Nov 22, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #2,133 of 5,370
Could be. You could of course try eq:ing the PX8. There is bass and sometimes too much, it is far from an anemic headphone. Oth of course there could be more sub bass.

On the other hand, I dont listen to ”hifi” stereo with subwoofer so maybe my preferences are not in the same range as yours.
I do appreciate your honest opinion. I spent quite good time to consider PX8 and H95, and i found myself i enjoy the feeling of sub bass/ low ends with H95. I am sure ppl here knows/gives much better accurate information than I do.
Just wanted to share my personal experience for those who are considering it for light use like me.

Nov 22, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #2,134 of 5,370
I do appreciate your honest opinion. I spent quite good time to consider PX8 and H95, and i found myself i enjoy the feeling of sub bass/ low ends with H95. I am sure ppl here knows/gives much better accurate information than I do.
Just wanted to share my personal experience for those who are considering it for light use like me.

Unfortunately is problematic when somebody in this thread isn’t saying the PX8 is perfect in every aspect. You’re only having permission saying that ear detection isn’t good because is 1000% obvious. For other things is better not saying anything negative.

Nov 22, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #2,135 of 5,370
Unfortunately is problematic when somebody in this thread isn’t saying the PX8 is perfect in every aspect. You’re only having permission saying that ear detection isn’t good because is 1000% obvious. For other things is better not saying anything negative.
I do agree. I just thought people will appreicate about my honest opinion =)
I compared MW75 PX8 PX7S2 H95 side by side for whole 3 weeks. I am not saying PX8 is bad, but there is part H95 is out performing.
I wonder how many of them actaully had it in hand to comapre any of these

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20221114_101745674.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20221114_101745674.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • KakaoTalk_20221119_133701682_01.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20221119_133701682_01.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Nov 22, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #2,136 of 5,370
Dont get me wrong, H95 is a very nice headphone and I could see myself be quite happy with that too.

For my music preferences (old 70’s rock, female singer/songwriters and generally acoustic music, the B&W sound is just right and I am happy. For now. :)

Nov 22, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #2,137 of 5,370
I have not seen a single person here say the PX8 is perfect, post number? I haven't actually seen someone on head fi say that about any headphone. All have caveats, cons, issues with the FR as a matter of taste, etc. If someone did say a closed back, BT headphone is perfect that would be rather amusing. The simple constraints of that design will always put a limit on such headphones.
I do agree. I just thought people will appreicate about my honest opinion =)
I compared MW75 PX8 PX7S2 H95 side by side for whole 3 weeks. I am not saying PX8 is bad, but there is part H95 is out performing.
I wonder how many of them actaully had it in hand to comapre any of these
I had H95 and PX8 side by side for 20mins. I compared the vocal reproduction, H95 did not perform well to me. I much prefer the PX8/Bathys vocals. H95 sounded less detailed in the mid range and even sibilant (to me!)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #2,138 of 5,370
Well dude if you actually read a little instead of just regurgitating the same message over and over you might just see that many of us in this thread have had a very hard time deciding between PX8 and other options, or even deciding wether it is better than the almost decade old P7W. PX8 is far from perfect, and I see few people here making that claim.

Still, I am happy for you as you found your better sound in the much cheaper and more convenient APP2 - I wish I had your ears.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #2,139 of 5,370
I have not seen a single person here say the PX8 is perfect, post number? I haven't actually seen someone on head fi say that about any headphone. All have caveats, cons, issues with the FR as a matter of taste, etc. If someone did say a closed back, BT headphone is perfect that would be rather amusing. The simple constraints of that design will always put a limit on such headphones.

I had H95 and PX8 side by side for 20mins. I compared the vocal reproduction, H95 did not perform well to me. I much prefer the PX8/Bathys vocals. H95 sounded less detailed in the mid range and even sibilant (to me!)
I do agree. for rock and blues/ r&b/ vocal focused which does not having much low-ends sounds, id choose PX8.
I just simply listen to lots of music osts, hans zimmers, and orcestra where bass plays quite big part in their music
I would say i'd go with PX8 if I am more mid/ high clarity msuic person

Nov 22, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #2,140 of 5,370
That is pretty much my impression too although I didnt catch the sibilance. The B&O build and design however is one of few actually giving PX8 a fair match. Both super nice.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #2,141 of 5,370
That is pretty much my impression too although I didnt catch the sibilance. The B&O build and design however is one of few actually giving PX8 a fair match. Both super nice.
Yeah, B&O actually tunes mid and high to remove sibilance or distortion as their signiture sound ( at least that is how i heard). Im sure that is not ideal for live-convert music person or Rock and Vocal type musics.
They make 'easy to listen' sounds overall compare to other hi-fi brands

Nov 22, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #2,142 of 5,370

Several people saying that posting here negative things about the PX8 is a difficult exercise. Even Maukey, in his very long comparative review, making a 'joke' about this. And I seeing people in other threads saying they preferring other headphone than PX8 but not posting here. Is easy knowing why.

20 minutes in shop comparing the H95 to PX8 saying nothing to me, and even less from someone that is HUGE B&W and HUGE PX8 fan.

Well dude if you actually read a little instead of just regurgitating the same message over and over you might just see that many of us in this thread have had a very hard time deciding between PX8 and other options, or even deciding wether it is better than the almost decade old P7W. PX8 is far from perfect, and I see few people here making that claim.

Still, I am happy for you as you found your better sound in the much cheaper and more convenient APP2 - I wish I had your ears.

Hello dude. Keep enjoying your life with your perfect PX8.

Nov 22, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #2,143 of 5,370
Hello dude. Keep enjoying your life with your perfect PX8.
Thanks mate. Will do, although they are pretty far from perfect they make for a very enjoyable listen. 😘

Nov 22, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #2,144 of 5,370
20 minutes in shop comparing the H95 to PX8 saying nothing to me, and even less from someone that is HUGE B&W and HUGE PX8 fan.
'huge B&W fan', what gives you that impression? I have 10x the value of my B&W audio gear in Focal gear in my house, which should say it all...

I owned and hated the PX/PX7, you can see my critique of these headphones in the respective threads. I outright said the PX is the worst BT headphone I've ever tried, and stand by that.

I also tried the P5 headphones and thought they we poor, the wired edition, spicy treble. Returned. I also tried the C5 in ears and disliked them, returned.

I currently own two B&W products, and one of them I picked up in a bargain bin at half price (P9). If this qualifies me as a huge fan, then im what, a mega fan of Focal, Campfire Audio, Beyerdynamic &Minirig as Ive spent and own more value of those brands than B&W by some margin.

B&W has been the most all over the place brand to me. Ive tried a lot of their gear, but ive tried a lot generally. In terms of brand buying I'm much more lenient to Focal who have been more consistent for me. If you look at my early posts in the Bathys thread you'll see I fully expected the Bathys to be significantly better than PX8, based on my recent experiences with B&W.

Sooo....Yeah.

Nov 22, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #2,145 of 5,370
The BT and DAC product threads on Head-Fi always become so much more combative than, say, the threads by tube amp aficionados. Must be a demographic thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back