Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Oct 8, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #406 of 5,140
I actually would expect most headphones in this price range to have the ability to play audio over the USB connection. This isn''t anything new or really unique to the Px8. My B&W Px7 S2 and my Shure Aonic 50 both can do this and a quick search online seems to indicate the Sennheiser Momentum 4 and Sony XM5 have this feature as well. Although I have never actually used this connection myself, I can see why some may want to use it wired with their phone or laptop on the go. Personally, wireless headphones are nore about convenience rather trying to squeeze out every last drop of detail so I prefer not being tethered to my phone or laptop. At home, if I want wired I will use my Aeon 2 Noire or SE846, depending on my mood, on my desktop setup.

I was very close to pulling the trigger on these and, if I didnt have the Px7 S2 already, I would definitely have at $550. My concern was that they would sound too similar to the Px7 S2 in terms of sound signature/tuning, which based on a few of the posts here, seems like they are completely different (thank you to those who posted on the Px7 S2 vs. Px8) sound. Still tempted by the Px8, although as I was trying to decide between black or tan yesterday (and finally added tan to cart) the price went back up on ABT. I took that as a sign that I don't really need these right now. Will see if the itch comes back in a week, a month or a year but I am pretty sure it will be back at some point and the Px8 (or Px8 S2?) will likely be my upgrade path for the Px7 S2 whenever I get bored of it.
Yes, it is certainly not unique to the PX8, but cannot be taken for granted either. Older Sony headphones did not support this, for example.

Oct 8, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #407 of 5,140
Been a great day with the PX8, and I've sat down with them a bit doing head to heads with Bathys. Happy to report PX8 is definately in the fight and does some things noticeably better than Bathys imo, but its going to be a tough comparison!

God these are fun cans. Pleasantly suprised as I wasn't a fan of PX7 or PX. These do seem to hail back to P7w more.

Oct 8, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #408 of 5,140
Hmmm.... Tempting...

Oct 8, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #409 of 5,140
Been a great day with the PX8, and I've sat down with them a bit doing head to heads with Bathys. Happy to report PX8 is definately in the fight and does some things noticeably better than Bathys imo, but its going to be a tough comparison!

God these are fun cans. Pleasantly suprised as I wasn't a fan of PX7 or PX. These do seem to hail back to P7w more.
Anything specific where the Px8 shines above the Bathy's? So far I'd say my preference overall would go to the Bathy's. Although I do really enjoy the Px8 too - they're a lot of fun

Oct 8, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #410 of 5,140
Anything specific where the Px8 shines above the Bathy's? So far I'd say my preference overall would go to the Bathy's. Although I do really enjoy the Px8 too - they're a lot of fun
Gonna give it another day, need some proper time as testing before giving any early opinions. I can certainly see Bathys unique qualities too, they come through real strong at points.

Oct 8, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #411 of 5,140
Gonna give it another day, need some proper time as testing before giving any early opinions. I can certainly see Bathys unique qualities too, they come through real strong at points.
It's been a while since I have listened to Bowers headphones but do the PX8 have a thumping bass like the P7w. I still remember to this day how "fun" they sounded, especially the bass which made my entire skull shake!

Oct 8, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #412 of 5,140

Exactly my thoughts👍

Oct 8, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #414 of 5,140
I've read the last 9 pages of this thread and didn't see anything else than a couple brief mentions in searching the thread, but if anyone who has both the PX8 and H95, are these in the same tier with respect to sound, ANC etc?
i'm definitely intrigued by these headphones, but I've not ever listened to any other B&W product other than the PX7, which was a sonic mess to my ears. I was able to eq them to a sound I liked, but ended up selling them pretty quickly.
From reading though, thePX 8 do seem to be a huge departure from the PX7, and the descriptions do remind me more of things I have read about P7W and P9.
For reference, I feel that much of the bass on the H95 has this agility, I noticed that to a degree on the PX7 and enjoyed it there as well.
I do at times wish that treble and upper mids had a bit more definition on the H95, less so with mids and a bit more with treble, but these are not huge problems for me as I mostly like the sound.
Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Oct 8, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #415 of 5,140
First release special edition with a gift box and skipping rope(china)
--------

10月 09 2022 4.jpg
10月 09 2022 5.jpg
10月 09 2022.jpg

Oct 8, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #417 of 5,140
what the hell why didn’t we get the fancy edition with a cool gift box and a jump rope that I would never use but still want to say that I have anyways
Are we supposed to jump rope with them on?

Oct 8, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #419 of 5,140
Why the jump rope?
I don’t mean this in a culturally insensitive way, but I have learned to just not ask questions about why Chinese additions of certain products have shall we say interesting additions… They just do LMAO and I find it so fascinating. Then again, I’m sure the reverse is true and they find some of the north American and European additions weird as hell as well.

Oct 8, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #420 of 5,140
what the hell why didn’t we get the fancy edition with a cool gift box and a jump rope that I would never use but still want to say that I have anyways
Cuz chinese version is much expensive than other regions(800usd) though i got it around 700usd.
edited:
:actually around 630usd, the retailer gave me some money back.
Why the jump rope?
may be it indicates the jump from s2

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back