Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Jan 20, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #3,001 of 5,160
The 3,5mm really just is for „emergencies“ on the Px8 isn’t it

It is USB-C > Bluetooth > >> 3,5mm.
Yeah I would not use the 3,5 mm with any active headphones unless you can bypass the internal DAC.

Jan 21, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #3,003 of 5,160
And there I was thinking it would be a step up from bluetooth but yeah, sounded awful. Will get the usb c adapter.
Did you get the adapter, how is it, any better?

Jan 21, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #3,005 of 5,160
I did - yes it's completely fixed the issue. I still struggle to discern between the wired and wireless in terms of quality though. Damn these useless ears of mine.
Great!
You are not alone.................

Jan 21, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #3,006 of 5,160
I did - yes it's completely fixed the issue. I still struggle to discern between the wired and wireless in terms of quality though. Damn these useless ears of mine.
Consider yourself lycky that you dont need to fiddle around with cables.

Jan 21, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #3,008 of 5,160
The one thing I hate the most about the Bathys vs the Px8 is how inefficient they are plugged in for office use. I can’t use them in DAC mode and then quickly switch to the mic for a zoom call. Either Bluetooth or nada for talking
Agree. As an allrounder the PX8 is quite hard to beat. Especially if you take the form factor into account.

Jan 21, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #3,009 of 5,160
Agree. As an allrounder the PX8 is quite hard to beat. Especially if you take the form factor into account.
That’s the only disagreement I have in this entire thread and obviously I have both but for my ears and the way my specific head is set up the bathys is far more comfortable over a long period of time. The shape of the cups fits my big ass elf ears better

Jan 21, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #3,010 of 5,160
That’s the only disagreement I have in this entire thread and obviously I have both but for my ears and the way my specific head is set up the bathys is far more comfortable over a long period of time. The shape of the cups fits my big ass elf ears better
Well if you’re Dumbo and dont have a problem with headband pressure, then Bathys is probably more comfy :)

Jan 21, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #3,011 of 5,160
Well if you’re Dumbo and dont have a problem with headband pressure, then Bathys is probably more comfy :)
Oh yeah I am. Don’t take my opinion as normal tho lol. My ears are so big and shaped that the cups can rest on my ears 100% with 0 headband touching the crown of my head. Barely any pressure.

Jan 21, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #3,012 of 5,160
Oh yeah I am. Don’t take my opinion as normal tho lol. My ears are so big and shaped that the cups can rest on my ears 100% with 0 headband touching the crown of my head. Barely any pressure.
You must be an excellent listener. @jthomp72!

Jan 21, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #3,013 of 5,160
Surely you know you can adjust the headband to fit your noggin? 😂

Jan 22, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #3,015 of 5,160
Thanks to an understanding dealer (Richer Sounds in the UK), I'm back with the PX8. Although I'm not the biggest fan of the sound signature, the PX8 just gets more right as a package. Focal Bathys has too many compromises - as confirmed with Focal, the Bathys picks up footfall through bone conduction and it is audible in the ANC. ANC poor on the Bathys on a UK train, and, worst of all, it did not play nicely with my recently purchased Creative BTW4 aptx adaptive dongle.

I tried the Sennheiser M4 in store too, but, though great for the price, did not feel like a real contender.

So, time to let the Px8 run in and hope I enjoy it more this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back