Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Jan 22, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #3,018 of 5,160
Portable use. Don't like earbuds (uncomfortable) and not a fan of Sonys et al.
K. Idk but if I didnt appreciate the sound I would probably settle for Px7s2 or maybe try B&O H95, M&D MW75 or something similar. Not pay 700$ and not like the sound. :)

Jan 22, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #3,019 of 5,160
Thanks to an understanding dealer (Richer Sounds in the UK), I'm back with the PX8. Although I'm not the biggest fan of the sound signature, the PX8 just gets more right as a package. Focal Bathys has too many compromises - as confirmed with Focal, the Bathys picks up footfall through bone conduction and it is audible in the ANC. ANC poor on the Bathys on a UK train, and, worst of all, it did not play nicely with my recently purchased Creative BTW4 aptx adaptive dongle.

I tried the Sennheiser M4 in store too, but, though great for the price, did not feel like a real contender.

So, time to let the Px8 run in and hope I enjoy it more this time around.
Please give us your thoughts how the PX8 pairs with Creative BT W4

Jan 22, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #3,020 of 5,160
K. Idk but if I didnt appreciate the sound I would probably settle for Px7s2 or maybe try B&O H95, M&D MW75 or something similar. Not pay 700$ and not like the sound. :)
I own both the Px8 and the MW75. Very different sound signatures. I will keep both, but I would say the MW75 are easier to acclimate to. So if you want a less "rich" sound of the Px8 I would say give the MW75's a try. Ha, Px8's might just be the Ruby Port wine of headphones. :darthsmile:

But, I will say the carry case for MW75 is larger than than the Px8 for travel. Also, I found the ear cups on the MW75 a bit tight on my ears. And did the ear cup swap with M&D's MG20 (which several of us have).

Jan 22, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #3,021 of 5,160
You pays your money (for both Px8 and Bathys), I’ll pay mine. Have come round to the view that I have to compromise on sound quality with wireless ANC headphones. It’s about the total package, including comfort, ease of carrying, ANC performance, etc. I did try the Px7 s2, but they just don’t feel as comfortable as the Px8. I’m also not a fan of the MW75 in terms of comfort or size, and was not altogether impressed on an (albeit brief) demo.

I’ve good options for listening at home, wired, including the Senn HD700 (open) and the Focal Elegia (closed), so this is about travel. Thought I might get away with the Senn M4s (and a good saving) but not a fan and felt quite compressed on the ears after a few minutes.

Jan 22, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #3,023 of 5,160
You pays your money (for both Px8 and Bathys), I’ll pay mine. Have come round to the view that I have to compromise on sound quality with wireless ANC headphones. It’s about the total package, including comfort, ease of carrying, ANC performance, etc. I did try the Px7 s2, but they just don’t feel as comfortable as the Px8. I’m also not a fan of the MW75 in terms of comfort or size, and was not altogether impressed on an (albeit brief) demo.

I’ve good options for listening at home, wired, including the Senn HD700 (open) and the Focal Elegia (closed), so this is about travel. Thought I might get away with the Senn M4s (and a good saving) but not a fan and felt quite compressed on the ears after a few minutes.
Good thinking. And I do agree that PX7s2 is not as good, and M&D MW75 is not quite there either.
You got a pair of very nice headphones there, enjoy!

Jan 22, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #3,025 of 5,160
Funny, I' ve had this exact problem with PX8 and it was horrendous. With Bathys it's non existent. I guess it's really user dependant.
It is. I dont have this issue with Bathys or PX8 but with some other headphones.

Jan 22, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #3,027 of 5,160
I'm a big Focal fan, having their Aria stereo speakers, Focal Twins in my studio and their excellent MG headphones. But after so much testing, video reviews, and written reviews, I went with the PX8's over the Bathy's. I like the build quality, nicer leather, more intimate sound, $100 less than the Bathys, and the ability to turn off the ANC.

Focal's next Bluetooth headphones will address some of Bathy's short comings which are their first Bluetooth effort. The PX8's are B&W third attempt and though the PX7 S2 were a nice upgrade over the original PX7's, the PX8 just took it to the next level with their carbon cones and revised magnet. They really sound great, and I am really happy with them.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #3,028 of 5,160
I'm a big Focal fan, having their Aria stereo speakers, Focal Twins in my studio and their excellent MG headphones. But after so much testing, video reviews, and written reviews, I went with the PX8's over the Bathy's. I like the build quality, nicer leather, more intimate sound, $100 less than the Bathys, and the ability to turn off the ANC.

Focal's next Bluetooth headphones will address some of Bathy's short comings which are their first Bluetooth effort. The PX8's are B&W third attempt and though the PX7 S2 were a nice upgrade over the original PX7's, the PX8 just took it to the next level with their carbon cones and revised magnet. They really sound great, and I am really happy with them.
What I'm really hoping for on Bathys 2 is a smaller profile. They really do stick out and give that astronaut effect when wearing them out, while my other cans, Airpods Max, PX8 and MW65 all feel much lower profile and more reasonable for wearing out and about.

Jan 22, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #3,029 of 5,160
What I'm really hoping for on Bathys 2 is a smaller profile. They really do stick out and give that astronaut effect when wearing them out, while my other cans, Airpods Max, PX8 and MW65 all feel much lower profile and more reasonable for wearing out and about.
Agree with you on this one. Sadly I think a design department that came up with the ridiculous leds need some restructuring before we can hope for a stealthier design. 😂

Jan 23, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #3,030 of 5,160
Will do. Will try it with IPad Air, MacBook Pro 14 2021 and my Galaxy S22U.
Thank you!
I intend to use my PX8 (when they finally arrive.....) with my iMac and a Creative BT W4 but wanted to know if they can be used without any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back