Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Nov 27, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #2,252 of 5,138
Resolve says PX8 have muddy treble but all the other reviews I’ve read like What Fi say different.
Here’s what WhatFi says:

Pros​

• +
    Outstanding clarity
  • +
    Fast and punchy sonic presentation
  • +
    Lovely build and impressive comfort

So I’m just puzzled .WhatFi ,even with their UK bias , is still pretty reliable.

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #2,253 of 5,138
I dont care much for graphs either, but do you think black, brown, yellow or pink ears are different? Or what was the issue with ”a lot of white people”?
I actually don’t know, but there might be variations based on colour. I am not White myself and know that when it comes to HI-FI Speakers my Indian and Black friends like more Base. That’s my experience working in a HI-FI shop in my early 20’s.

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #2,254 of 5,138
Resolve says PX8 have muddy treble but all the other reviews I’ve read like What Fi say different.
Here’s what WhatFi says:

Pros​

• +
    Outstanding clarity
  • +
    Fast and punchy sonic presentation
  • +
    Lovely build and impressive comfort

So I’m just puzzled .WhatFi ,even with their UK bias , is still pretty reliable.
I suppose, if your ideal is something along the lines of the 5909…the Px8 would definitely sound way less sibilant. Some people perceive them as muddy is my guess.

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #2,255 of 5,138
I think Resolve is only able to hear for how headphones deviate to that Harman Graph.
I mean... even in the video, I talked about how headphones both can and should deviate from the target, because it's highly smoothed and headphone FR is not. No headphone should be tuned to perfectly match Harman, and we shouldn't evaluate headphones solely on their adherence and deviation from it. That misses the forest for the trees in my opinion. I talk about this at length in my live streams, but it is still important to anchor our understanding of a know reference point. Whether we like that reference point or not.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Nov 27, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #2,256 of 5,138
I actually don’t know, but there might be variations based on colour. I am not White myself and know that when it comes to HI-FI Speakers my Indian and Black friends like more Base. That’s my experience working in a HI-FI shop in my early 20’s.
I am white as milk and I like bass…
I think the color of your skin has nothing to do with your sound preferences. But your culture, upbringing or personality may. If youre taught to appreciate afrobeats youre probably more likely to like more bass than someone who listened to pan flute their entire childhood… :)

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #2,257 of 5,138
I mean... even in the video, I talked about how headphones both can and should deviate from the target, because it's highly smoothed and headphone FR is not. No headphone should be tuned to perfectly match Harman, and we shouldn't evaluate headphones solely on their adherence and deviation from it. That misses the forest for the trees in my opinion. I talk about this at length in my live streams, but it is still important to anchor our understanding of a know reference point. Whether we like that reference point or not.
Yes and i do use the reference point for me personally. So i like headphones with greater base and lower treble to the Harman Graph which is why i watch your videos. That’s my point. I am using it as a reference to my sound preference. More Mid and High Base and reduced 3k for my preference over the Harman graph..

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #2,258 of 5,138
Yes and i do use the reference point for me personally. So i like headphones with greater base and lower treble to the Harman Graph which is why i watch your videos. That’s my point. I am using it as a reference to my sound preference. More Mid and High Base and reduced 3k for my preference over the Harman graph..
Yeah, I think it's a good way to look at it - knowing what you like in relation to the reference point is really helpful.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Nov 27, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #2,259 of 5,138
I think the problematic point in your review is not the lenghty and initiated discussion about measurements, it is your comment that the PX8 would be outright ”unlistenable”. I mean, like them or not, but you make it sound like they are basically overpriced designer crap in a nice looking package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back