Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Nov 26, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #2,207 of 5,138
Please, could someone with H95s and PX8 listen to Dire Straits-On every street (On the night album) and tell me what experience is better and why? That song (from minute 3 and on) is very revealing for me.
Already did.
I prefer PX8 for this kind of melodic rock. Guitars have good bite, Knopflers vocals are very present and the overall presentation is nice. Mid bass is better than H95, details too. Sound stage is intimate but not narrow. Makes it feel like youre in front of the stage.

H95, in contrast, feel more artificial to my ears. There is more sub bass but not the kind of bass you typicaly need or want for rock music.

I would pick H95 over PX8 if I was looking for deeper sub bass, or if my use case was limited to soundtrack music or edm maybe.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #2,209 of 5,138
The Mark Levinson no. 5909 has dropped by £100 in UK.

Is it worth it over PX8:
ML5909 = £899 inc tax in UK. (REDUCED FROM £999)
Focal Bathys = £699 inc tax in UK.
PX8 = £599 inc tax in UK.
Opinion seems pretty divided. I've even seen people prefer the MW75 to 5909, and others prefer the 5909 to all.

I think the 5909 launched in a vacuum with only the H95 to compete with (which isn't a great headphone imo). So they priced it pretty darn high. The assembly isn't that pricey, or can't be, because M&D make the MW75 using the exact same driver and assembly tuned differently for half the price...

Nov 26, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #2,211 of 5,138
Opinion seems pretty divided. I've even seen people prefer the MW75 to 5909, and others prefer the 5909 to all.

I think the 5909 launched in a vacuum with only the H95 to compete with (which isn't a great headphone imo). So they priced it pretty darn high. The assembly isn't that pricey, or can't be, because M&D make the MW75 using the exact same driver and assembly tuned differently for half the price...

Opinion is pretty divided? Really?? Maybe one person preferring the mw75 but I don't know exactly who, by the way, and why. But I know at least 3 people that preferring the 5909 than mw75. The truth is that very, very few people trying both headphones at the same time because the mw75 isn't very popular, and the 5909 is more famous but not so many people owning because is very expensive.

But is good that when you don't know the 5909 yourself personally, you keep trying criticising this headphone.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #2,212 of 5,138
Would anyone have any views on where the px8 sit in terms of sound quality on an iPhone versus something like he400se with a portable dac/amp ?
I mean as soon as you compare full size, open-back wired headphones to something like PX8 then you'll realise the limitations of bluetooth & closed back designs. I wouldn't be able to comment on a he400se, but you can pick up say a used Elex for $350 add a portable dac and it will seriously outclass any bluetooth headphone. There just isn't a contest there.

I think the people who don't need a very convenient, on the go option, which you probably are given you're looking at open backs, should just grab an open wired headphone and a go blu and be forever happy.

Nov 26, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #2,216 of 5,138
Would anyone have any views on where the px8 sit in terms of sound quality on an iPhone versus something like he400se with a portable dac/amp ?
I think, for the price of PX8 you can get a decent open wired can like the HE400, plus an affordable dac/amp. And it will perform ” better” in many ways, even outperform in some areas.

But then there is the convenience factor…
Even at home, listening in bed or at my desk I find myself reaching for the Px8 because it is just so smooth and easy. And sound is good, great even. Not THE best in the world, but still…

Nov 26, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #2,217 of 5,138
Is this like Newtons fourth law or something?

Continue your happy life with the px8, and PLEASE continue being the #1 px8 fanboy and the absolute Guardian of the px8 in this thread with your 111 posts in this thread (until now).

Nov 26, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #2,219 of 5,138
Continue your happy life with the px8, and PLEASE continue being the #1 px8 fanboy and the absolute Guardian of the px8 in this thread with your 111 posts in this thread (until now).
Wow. You counted?
Did you also count your own 116 posts in the very same thread? If I am a ”fanboy” I am not sure what that makes you?

Last time I checked this was
1) a discussion forum
2) not a contest
3) not a reason to be so over aggressive

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #2,220 of 5,138
You wasn't happy with the PX8 and still have among the highest post counts in this thread. Seems like you are salty and have a massive need for attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back