Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Oct 30, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #1,487 of 5,138
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but i havent read the last 40 pages. Ive just read the whathifi review which mentioned low volume listening being poor experience on the px8. This is onw of the main problems with the px7 carbon, they dont better £50 headphones at lower volumes.
How do the px8 sound at lower volumes, and do you agree with whathifi?
Cheers
Having now spent extensive time with both the bathys and the Px8 I can tell you that ear shape is gonna play a ton into each can. B&W if the angled drivers don’t hit your ears right you’d have 0 shot of enjoying them. Bathys? No seal no fun.
My ears fit inside lol

Oct 30, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #1,489 of 5,138
Because you would never eat such a tasteless person I guess :wink:
Sorry, couldn't resist...
Well, same brother in law did mix the pretty fancy champagne with the Amarone, and voilà - sparkling rosé…

Next time I will serve him Pepsi.

Oct 30, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #1,491 of 5,138
You are not from America…but we have some truly revolting soda flavors, that people love to mix with liquor.
Mmm…mmm…mmm… this
D257CA76-2906-40B6-996B-226759EC1AE8.jpeg
with this
730B6A92-D092-4687-A7B3-00EE567078CF.jpeg

Oct 30, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #1,492 of 5,138
You are not from America…but we have some truly revolting soda flavors, that people love to mix with liquor.
Sure, I know. And I am no stranger to cocktails or long drinks, but I like my red wine red and my whisky single malt and without soda 🍷🥸
I have a French boss who would probably try to fire someone who tried to mess with his Champagne :)

Anyway, I think the PX8 needs a matching drink. Probably a whisky for the black one and a Dry martini for the blue limited edition, shaken, not stirred of course.

Oct 30, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #1,493 of 5,138
over for dinner 😄
Cannibal couple was having dinner when the wife, said "Sorry, honey, but I have to tell you I really don't like your brother". He replied, "That's ok, I understand. Just eat the noodles".

Oct 30, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #1,495 of 5,138
Finally saw the 'Attach files icon' once I reloaded the website. just wanted to share some close up shots. That Nappa Leather is ridiculously soft. Compared to the PX, this device has improved quite a bit for prolonged wear. No sweat, no pain, ANC is decent. sound Quality is outstanding! Used to enjoy the wired P7 (luxurious build quality then, but heavy). This is a valuable addition.

Attachments

• IMG_9568.jpeg
    IMG_9568.jpeg
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9563.jpeg
    IMG_9563.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9565.jpeg
    IMG_9565.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9562.jpeg
    IMG_9562.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Oct 30, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #1,496 of 5,138
I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed with the PX8, but hoping the front biased soundstage will do enough for me.
Also really hoping that the HD600's will be very similar SQ to Etymotic er4xr but with better tone.
Maybe I'm also just more of an iem guy. After listening regularly to a calibrated home theatre and then the wf1000xm4 and mtw3 earbuds, I started not liking my RME adi-2 dac/LCD-3F combo and sold it. I tried to EQ it a few times with little success, but it was also me not wanting a headphone system that I'm tethered to.
I want a headphone system that I can at least get up and walk to a different room easily with.
The HD600's and BTR7 arrived today. About 1 hour of listening so far and this combo is excellent, exactly what I was hoping for. Similar clarity, detail and accuracy as the er4xr iem's but with better tonality.
They aren't as bass light as I thought they would be. They seem almost perfectly balanced. And I have the BTR7 on high gain and volume between 23 and 26 out of 60, depending on the recording. They're keepers for sure, wish I discovered these many thousands of dollars ago.
The weight of the 600's, cord, and BTR7 all attached feels lighter than my LCD-3F did.
I'll see how the PX8 compares, but maybe I should just save time and send them back unopened...

Oct 30, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #1,497 of 5,138
The HD600's and BTR7 arrived today. About 1 hour of listening so far and this combo is excellent, exactly what I was hoping for. Similar clarity, detail and accuracy as the er4xr iem's but with better tonality.
They aren't as bass light as I thought they would be. They seem almost perfectly balanced. And I have the BTR7 on high gain and volume between 23 and 26 out of 60, depending on the recording. They're keepers for sure, wish I discovered these many thousands of dollars ago.
The weight of the 600's, cord, and BTR7 all attached feels lighter than my LCD-3F did.
I'll see how the PX8 compares, but maybe I should just save time and send them back unopened...
I mean, I would assume you have to go into it with a completely different mindset then you would with what you’re listening to at the moment… It’s a completely different headphone with a completely different market segment

Oct 30, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #1,498 of 5,138
I mean, I would assume you have to go into it with a completely different mindset then you would with what you’re listening to at the moment… It’s a completely different headphone with a completely different market segment
Different mindset of course. Maybe the PX8 will surprise me with their SQ, especially with a little EQ. I think it's the angled carbon drivers that are intriguing me.

Oct 30, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #1,499 of 5,138
Different mindset of course. Maybe the PX8 will surprise me with their SQ, especially with a little EQ. I think it's the angled carbon drivers that are intriguing me.
It’s certainly a very unique sound. We’ve all tried to describe it but even then it’s just gotta be listened to a little to fully grasp it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back