Bourbon or Scotch
Sep 7, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #76 of 108
Scotch - simply smoother and way more variety available. For Bourbon, Old Rip Van Winkle and George T Stagg are the only examples that really play on the same level as a good scotch, IMO.

Sep 7, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #77 of 108
Remarkably (now that I think about it (I guess it's not often given out)), I don't think I've had the opportunity to drink really good scotch.

I'm a girl!
wink.gif

I like cognac when I feel rich and gin when I'm cheap. Irish whiskey is OK.
I'm mainly a micro brew beer man, I can enjoy the tunes deep, longer.

Sep 7, 2005 at 9:55 PM Post #79 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00940
...with strange coffee
tongue.gif

TOUCHDOWN!

No kidding, man. I can't believe some of the backwater swill people drink.
blink.gif

[size=xx-small]okay, this is an old thread about other drinks[/size]

Sep 8, 2005 at 12:57 AM Post #80 of 108
I agree with Tyson that the vast variety of high quality scotches makes them more interesting for the hobbyist type (i.e. all of us).

Apr 9, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #81 of 108
Always.

My dad bought me a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label for graduating from College. Needless to say I drank a whole lot of the bottle that day, and the days following with family and friends.

I still have ~5oz of it left. I am waiting till I do something else 'out of sorts' to 'kill' the bottle. Maybe land a job I wouldn't expect to get...or maybe.......hmmmmm

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:27 AM Post #82 of 108
Bourbon.

Not that I don't enjoy scotch - I still drink it and used to prefer it - but bourbon scratches the itch these days. Favorites:

George T. Stagg
VanWinkle

Both are highly recommended.

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:45 AM Post #83 of 108
Bourbon.

Maker's Mark or Woodford Reserve if I want to sit around and savor it. Jack Daniel's if I am mixing or drinking with a purpose. Scotch requires a decoder ring and a manual. Too complicated.

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:51 AM Post #84 of 108
Not voting
Bottle of JD sitting in the cuboard - half empty.
Bottle of Single malt from Skye - half empty.
Bottle of Barcardi - not yet started
Bottle of Lambs Navy Rum - almost empty.

I chose which ever I fancy at the time.
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #89 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Always.

My dad bought me a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label for graduating from College. Needless to say I drank a whole lot of the bottle that day, and the days following with family and friends.

I still have ~5oz of it left. I am waiting till I do something else 'out of sorts' to 'kill' the bottle. Maybe land a job I wouldn't expect to get...or maybe.......hmmmmm

Man, I've got to try that stuff. Maybe I'll get one of those cute little 200ml bottles to hold down the damage to the headphone budget.
tongue.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #90 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
Man, I've got to try that stuff. Maybe I'll get one of those cute little 200ml bottles to hold down the damage to the headphone budget.
tongue.gif

Seriously, you spend $200 on a pair of headphones, you get countless hours of enjoyment...plus you can sell them later if you get an itch.

With booze, you drink it, love it....then piss it out later. So spending $160 on a bottle is pretty brutal. Luckly as I stated, I got it as a gift. It is great scotch, but honestly JW Gold Label is just about as good, but WAY more affordable. Pick yourself up some Gold Label. It is about as good a buy as the HF-1's were for $200, a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back