Bourbon or Scotch
Apr 9, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #91 of 108
What is bourbon like anyways? It seems like bourbon is an American thing because I've never met anyone who drinks bourbon a lot.

Scotch is ok, I guess I will like it more when I get older. I guess since I'm young my favourite for hard stuff is rum. A nice golden rum does nicely on the rocks or mixed, no white rum!

Wow I just realized I haven't had a drink in 2 months haha...

Apr 9, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #92 of 108
Hmmm, given the results of the 'What's your Age' Poll, I'm not entirely sure an alcohol poll is the most appropriate thing here
tongue.gif

Apr 10, 2006 at 1:16 PM Post #93 of 108
After picking up a bottle of the winter distillation of William Larue Weller (the super premium stuff, not to be confused with the more common and cheap WL Weller bottling), I'm going to add it to the Stagg and the Winkle as "top flight" bourbons. Potent stuff, but intensely good.

Apr 11, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #97 of 108
Somebody just sent me a copy of Jim Murray's "Whiskey Bible". He likes all kinds of whiskey. One of his favorites is Seagram's 7 Crowns.
eek.gif
tongue.gif
confused.gif

Apr 11, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #99 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Single Malt Scotch, Macallans 25 yr old. Macallans 12, 15, and 18 yr will also do just fine along with Oban 14 yr and Cragganmore 12 yr single malts.

to be correct it is actually "The Macallan". I am not sure why they are so obsessed with the 'The' in front. Either way their 25 year is pretty damn good. I really enjoyed their 12 year for the money. It is much more 'spicy' then JW Green Label (also a single malt). I have some 15 year Glenlivet...not so good, but interesting.
Too be honest, I haven't touched my scotch for a couple months it seems, been drinking wine and beer. Gotta get some of the amber in me again.

Apr 11, 2006 at 6:24 AM Post #100 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
to be correct it is actually "The Macallan". I am not sure why they are so obsessed with the 'The' in front.

When "The Fisher" changed to just plain Fisher was about when they began producing crap.

The Zowie

Apr 11, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #101 of 108
Quote:

to be correct it is actually "The Macallan".

Yes, I do realize that the proper name is "The Macallan". I was just using the term Macallans to loosely describe that particular brand of single malt whiskey.

Apr 12, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #102 of 108
Quote:

to be correct it is actually "The Macallan". I am not sure why they are so obsessed with the 'The' in front. Either way their 25 year is pretty damn good. I really enjoyed their 12 year for the money. It is much more 'spicy' then JW Green Label (also a single malt). I have some 15 year Glenlivet...not so good, but interesting.

To be perfectly correct, the JW Green is not a single malt--it is a "vatting" of a bunch of malts. It is distinguished from a "blend" by its not having any unmalted barley or other grains in it.
k1000smile.gif

I just received the "Jim Murray Whiskey Bible" as a gift. It is funny to see how much he disagrees with Michael Jackson. For one thing, he really goes for younger whiskeys.

Apr 12, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #103 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by gerG
Fond of Laphroaig and Lagavulin, but never turn my nose up at Glenmorangie.

Man o Man, Try some Laphroaig in a Gin martini, an olive if that be your style
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Baaaaby thats where its at!!
icon10.gif

Apr 12, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #104 of 108
whiskey (any) = nasty

"Wine is a mocker, and strong drink [whiskey, et al] is raging." Proverbs

Laz

Apr 12, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #105 of 108
Scotch??????

Do you mean proper Scottish Whiskey???????

If so we, over the pond, would appretiate it being called whiskey, as it should be.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back