Bourbon or Scotch
Apr 26, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #106 of 108
Well, I've posted about 15 times today... can't focus and I have a ton of papers and many exams. I'm going to the pub on-campus, which is about 30 feet away, to order a Maker's Mark neat. Mmmmmm.....

Apr 26, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #107 of 108
Scotch! I've had everything from the bottom of the barrel (no pun intended) to some of the top single malts, and here are my favs:

Extra cheap: Clan MacGregor. Strong alcoholic taste, but has character. Great when used as a mixer or on the rocks. Not bad at all for the $7 or so
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheap: Lismore. Very smooth, yet complex single malt. Best under $55 IMO (WAY better than Glenlivet/Johnny Walker), and my regular.

Mid-price: Macallan cask strength. Not much has to be said about this one
smily_headphones1.gif

High end: Macallan 25yr. Extremely woody overtones, good bite, use this one as a mixer and you will be damned to the pits of eternal flame!

Extreme high end: Macallan 30yr. Takes the best qualities of the 25yr and removes a bit of the alcohol bite. A bit too woody for my taste, but a bit better than the Laphroaig 30 IMO.

I do enjoy a little Bourbon every now and then though, and I usually reach for Weller's special reserve.

Apr 27, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #108 of 108
I prefer Bourbon...though I really see it as 'ramping up' for a transition primarily to Scotch in later years.

My newest interest is Rip Van Winkle 12 year. Yum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back