Bought denon d7000 from Electronics expo but !!!!
Dec 27, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #18 of 45
I ordered 2 pair for myself and another good head-fi member, but their website had a screwy approach to listing the shipping address (which differs from my credit card billing address) and since then it has been a series of back and forth emails to find out why they can't seem to get the situation aright and process my order.  Everytime I call the billing folks responsible for billing verification, no one ever answers...and then they call you back just before they go home for the day and leave a message if you are so unlucky as to miss the call (which I have been)...and then the next day when you return the call, the circus begins again.

It is a joke.  CS agent #1 said my order would be shipped out today. The same day, I got an email from billing saying I needed to call them...Called back to CS and they reversed their story...Not the greatest CS experience, but what can you expect at an online discount mart where costs count and volume is all that matters?

It is still a great deal, so I gotta put up or shut up.

Dec 27, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #19 of 45
are they not open today?  calling results in only ringing.

Dec 27, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #20 of 45
Thankfully my order came in VERY quickly, and was absolutely perfect. I guessed I lucked out. I'm thoroughly enjoying my D7000.

Dec 27, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #22 of 45

Quote:
are they not open today?  calling results in only ringing.

East coast had a huge blizzard last night. They probably don't work in the snow. I also ordered a pair last night but have a feeling it's out of stock. From reading around it seems Electronic Expo will continue to take orders and never list items as out of stock on their website. its up to the customer to call for a refund.

Dec 28, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #25 of 45
The billing folks came through and got my verification straightened out...My order has been processed and I was told it would ship out tomorrow.  They claim they'll provide tracking numbers when the order ships.  Did anyone get tracking info or is this just one of those pacifier things they shove a consumer with?

At least she was very responsive via email communications and said she'd email me the tracking info (so I got a backup source in case..).
I dread being on the phone queue with them to just get a tracking number...patience is not a strong suit of mine, but in this case sheer avarice for the D7000 at such a great price forced me to be appear civilized.

Thankfully, no goats were sacrificed to get my order on its way....

Dec 28, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #26 of 45
They give tracking numbers. When it ships out, check the site tomorrow and login to track an order should be there.
My question is do they put a ups signature confirmation on the d7000?

Dec 28, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #27 of 45
I hate to be the cynical one but this sounds like a scam to me, not by the company but most likely a temporary seasonal helper in the shipping department. It would be easy to get a friend to order the keyboard/mouse and then conveniently "mixed them up". It's hard to find good help sometimes...

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #28 of 45
You must think about this logically.

Someone bought D7000s.  Decided to rip off EE.  Put weight in the box and returned it.  EE employee being super busy during this time of the year, decided to say ya its good and throw it in the pile.

It went into storage and you were the unlucky chap who got it.  
biggrin.gif

If you look at it this way, they might think you are trying to scam them.  It sucks for everyone when people are dishonest.

Dec 29, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #29 of 45

Quote:
I spoke to a customer service rep a little whe ago. They do have stock and my order (placed on the 26th) is supposed to ship tomorrow.

So did your order ship? Mine is still listed as new order (also placed order on the 26th).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back