Bottled Water or Tap Water?
Feb 9, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #121 of 138
I have a 200 foot well that goes into the sweet under ground springs of Florida. It tastes just like bottled water. Zepherhill springs is just up the road. They are a spring water bottler company. You might say, I even shower in bottled water.

Feb 10, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #122 of 138
Oh now I remember, it's Voss water. It tastes a little more striking than Dasani, but these things expire. I had one case in the back for more than 2 years, but I figured it's just water, how could it upset my bowel functions. Boy was I wrong...

Feb 10, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #123 of 138
Christchurch is one of the only places in the world where there is no additives in the water. It comes direct from the aqua fizz and has NO fluoride, NO chlorine.. Nothing. So it's pretty much the same as the bottled water that comes from springs.

It's so disgusting in other places in New Zealand where whenever you go to drink water you smell chlorine
frown.gif

Feb 10, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #124 of 138
Bottled or filtered (still doesn't completely get the chemical taste out). Our tap water is white with black specks in it (Santa Clara County, CA). The tap water where I grew up, however (San Mateo County, CA) is great.

Feb 12, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #126 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Diarrhea is not a race.

Well, if it were, it wouldn't be a marathon--it'd be a sprint!

-m
ewww...

Feb 13, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #127 of 138
Evian
Volvic
Fuji
Dear Park

Local gas station sells the large bottles of Dear Park for a buck a piece. I'm sure they always say to themselves "here comes the thirsty Dear Park dude again"! I usually carry as many as I can carry to the counter, 8 to be exact. People look at me like I am nuts.

Feb 13, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #128 of 138
Bottled Water only.... I know people claim that Bottled Water is dirty too, but that's okay -- Just last year they found a dead body in the purification tank from the resevoir in my city, ANYTHING is better than that! Ick!

Feb 13, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #129 of 138
I'm a former beverage microbiologist (seriously), and I prefer well-filtered tap water to anything I've yet seen in a bottle. There's nothing wrong with bottled water itself (other than its ridiculous expense), but I hope people aren't fooled into thinking it's any better (or necessarily cleaner) than good tap water.

(Although, in response to Klisk above, I have to concede that I have not yet ever come across a dead body or parts thereof in, say, a bottle of Dasani.
biggrin.gif
)

Feb 13, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #130 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by DNA Doc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a former beverage microbiologist (seriously), and I prefer well-filtered tap water to anything I've yet seen in a bottle. There's nothing wrong with bottled water itself (other than its ridiculous expense), but I hope people aren't fooled into thinking it's any better (or necessarily cleaner) than good tap water.

(Although, in response to Klisk above, I have to concede that I have not yet ever come across a dead body or parts thereof in, say, a bottle of Dasani.
biggrin.gif
)

But since Dasani is just reprocessed tap water, you could.
wink.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #132 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorito123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Evian
Volvic
Fuji
Dear Park

Local gas station sells the large bottles of Dear Park for a buck a piece. I'm sure they always say to themselves "here comes the thirsty Dear Park dude again"! I usually carry as many as I can carry to the counter, 8 to be exact. People look at me like I am nuts.

Volvic and Fuji are the most "delicious" tasting bottled water I've ever tasted, especially Fuji. Either way I drink tap water because I'm a cheap bum
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #133 of 138
San Francisco has greaaat tap water. Even the tea you make with it tastes better because of it, as opposed to the stuff down here in San Diego. But, after drinking straight from the tap for over a year, I now ignore the taste of the water. College students gotta save money wherever they can.

Feb 14, 2008 at 8:49 AM Post #134 of 138
Evian has always been my favorite but my wife got me to try Volvic recently and I have to say it is fantastic. Deer Park is good for the cheap stuff, its not filtered tap water but natural spring water. The thing I don't get is people who buy bottled tap water ie: Dansi etc. Just get a Britta pitcher and you can get the same results but much cheaper. If your gonna pay money then at least get something that came out of the ground and not the east river. Sheeesh! Every time I see someone with a 24 pack of nestle water I just wanna walk over and put a Britta in their cart and tell them to make your own. Just polished off a litre bottle of Deer Park. Time to go wizzzz and hit the sack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back