Bottled Water or Tap Water?
Dec 13, 2005 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 138

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
In keeping with the fizzy drinks polls do you prefer bottled water or tap water?

I voted tap water..... it tastes better, it "is" better for you and it's a lot cheaper. I don't go around sucking out of a shop bought rabbit feeder bottle I take mine straight from the tap like a real man!

Dec 13, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 138
Bottled Water but I drink over a gallon a day. So I am not interested in too much tap. Tap tastes really bad here.

Dec 13, 2005 at 9:36 PM Post #4 of 138
It doesn't matter to me, but if I drink tap I put it through a filter (gets the chlorine taste out) tastes a hell of a lot better.

Dec 13, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
I voted tap water..... it tastes better, it "is" better for you

This is a joke right? Maybe after it's been through a purification process.

Your tap water over in the UK must be nothing like it is in the states. Here you have to deal with fluoride(poisonous to humans and I still can't understand why people don't know this), trihalomethanes, MTBE's, etc. along with the mass amounts of chlorine which gives it that unique and distinctly unappealing aroma. Honestly, you couldn't pay me to drink un-purified tap water unless I were in Alaska.

http://newmillconcepts.com/Brochures/Berkey_Light.pdf

I have one of these in my kitchen. All the water I use to cook with goes through it first.

Dec 13, 2005 at 9:48 PM Post #7 of 138
Don't drink tap no more. Even my city has supposedly decent water, it gives me uh . . . stomach problems if you get my drift. Plus it ain't cold nuff. I normally just down 60cent/gallon stuff from stop and shop. Not too bad, not as tasty as the name brand stuff but oh well. Sodium-free water is horrible though.

Dec 13, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #9 of 138
Pinkie, man, cut out the multi-thread postings! You know how to fix the problem... no reason for it to keep happening!
biggrin.gif

I drink bottled water everywhere accept for at my actual apartment. I don't like tap water that much. I know it's very good & clean here, but I don't like the taste as much.

Dec 13, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #10 of 138
Heh it really depends on the area regarding tap. My sister goes to college and lives around Boston/East coast and says the water in San Francisco tastes sweet and clean compared to whatever that comes out of her tap out east. I think SF gets most of it's water from Hetch Hetchy resovoir, which gets water from the Sierra Mtns iirc. Clean enough that it doesn't get filtered, just treated.

I saw a consumer reports special on tv a few years ago that mentioned those jug refilling machines in supermarkets can be dirtier than tap, and I assume the same can be said for some bottled waters. :shrugs:

Dec 13, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #11 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
Pinkie, man, cut out the multi-thread postings!

I honestly only posted this once and it was also supposed to be a poll, there's definitely a spanner in the works.

Dec 13, 2005 at 10:33 PM Post #12 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
This is a joke right? Maybe after it's been through a purification process.

Your tap water over in the UK must be nothing like it is in the states. Here you have to deal with fluoride(poisonous to humans and I still can't understand why people don't know this), trihalomethanes, MTBE's, etc. along with the mass amounts of chlorine which gives it that unique and distinctly unappealing aroma. Honestly, you couldn't pay me to drink un-purified tap water unless I were in Alaska.

http://newmillconcepts.com/Brochures/Berkey_Light.pdf

I have one of these in my kitchen. All the water I use to cook with goes through it first.

The lack of floride in the UK is the main reason for their higher rate of teath problems. You ask how I know this? My Paps is a dentist. The tap water in ClearLake (A Suburb of Houston) tastes fine to me but I drink mostly bottled water as that is what my parents drink and I just find it easier. The amount of floride in the water is harmless.

Dec 13, 2005 at 10:45 PM Post #15 of 138
i've heard that some of the chemicals from the plastic leech out into the water and it can have bad long-term effects. something to do with how they oxidize the water i think. actually i was talking about this with my physics teacher, but i've forgotten all the details.
frown.gif

i'm sure a quick google search would come up with some more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back