Bottled Water or Tap Water?
Dec 15, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #76 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
Depends where you live. When I lived in the city (LA) the water was orange and stank. In the suburbs, the water is still brackish, but my main complaint is that it isn't cold enough. Need ice. When I was driving around Yosemite, that tap was the best water I've had in recent memory. And it was cold.

Tap water is actually green in most places, fill up a large enough tub and you will see.

Dec 15, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #77 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmpage2
If you can name one reputable scientific organization that has been able to prove a causitive link between flouride in tap water and flourosis I'll give you a cookie.

Sorry but this is the mentality of people like yourself and something I already alluded to in my last reply to you.

"Reputable scientific organization"? Name a few that you consider fit this criteria.

Oh and you can cut it with the cookie comments. Like I said earlier, feel free to mature soon.

Dec 15, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #78 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hey_Its_Cole
Is the American Dental Association Good enough for you??? http://www.ada.org/public/topics/flu...tion_facts.pdf

And here is the floride home page
http://www.ada.org/public/topics/flu...acts/index.asp

I would consider them as a more accurate source than http://www.fluoridealert.org/ as it clearly has a bias.

Nope. Part of the same good-ol-boy network opposed to anything contrary from the conventional perspective.

Just check the list of contributors in the acknowledgments on the second page.

Dec 15, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #79 of 138
Bottled water of most any variety or brita filtered is ok. Tap rarely, esp cause the stuff at my place is crap due to old pipes. The tap at my old house was actually pH neutral and clean - gotta love the water supply in this area, some of the last clean water in the country. Filtered I prefer from the fridge, bottled at room temp. Go figure
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2005 at 10:55 PM Post #80 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
Nope. Part of the same good-ol-boy network opposed to anything contrary from the conventional perspective.

Just check the list of contributors in the acknowledgments on the second page.

So, you are telling us to be open minded to sources that are not highly repuatable but you will not do the same to other "reputable sources of information"? I agree do trust everything you read but I have yet to see any information I would call reliable on those sites. Keep in mind I want to keep this friendly because frankly it is all silly and this is meant to be a fun discussion. I would call my dad an expert on this subject and he has read tons of studies on this as it pertains to his profession and as stated earlier, he rolled his eyes at floride in tap water being bad for you. The medical field is pretty good about keeping up on this stuff and if the evidence is there, they tend to go with it. Frankly I see nothing Good Ole Boyish about it. I read the information you linked and did my own research and maintain my position. Just because the ADA disagrees with your position that makes them a bad source of information? They are critiqued by experts in the field, so by your logic, my dad is a Good Ole Boy as well as the vast majority of the dentists in the USA.

Apr 18, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #81 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward
Anybody recall what W.C. Fields had to say about water as a beverage?
evil_smiley.gif

BW

You drink water?!?!?!?!?!

I do love the episode where he was forced to drink a glass of water ("I've been poisoned!").

Apr 18, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #83 of 138
Brita filtered wather. But I live in the northwest so tap water is not exactly a problem around here.

Apr 18, 2006 at 7:32 AM Post #85 of 138
tap tap tapperooooo...

Apr 18, 2006 at 7:48 AM Post #86 of 138
LOL, tests have shown that most people talk out of their asses regarding bottle/tap water and cannot generally tell the difference in blind tastings and in many instances prefer the taste of tap water even though they are devout bottle water drinkers and 'would know the difference a mile away'. Tap water has also proved to be as safe if not safer than bottled water as bottled stuff isn't subject to the same standards.

If you want to drink it to make yourself feel better or superior to the masses by all means waste your money, but most are just kidding themselves on the taste and purity issue. Of course there are always exceptions to this but not as many as you may like to think. Marketing BS and misinformation are great for sales of something you really don't need.

Apr 18, 2006 at 8:05 AM Post #87 of 138
I would drink tap water if we had a filter. I understand what ^you^ are saying, but I really can taste the difference. The tap water here has a slightly metallic taste. We just fill up a four-gallon jug from those water dispenser machines from the grocery stores, which we use in turn to fill up water bottles. Seems pretty economic.

Apr 18, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #88 of 138
Whatever you do, don't drink Dasani. Or anything else that's just tap water put through a reverse-osmosis filter. Wasn't there some news when it came out about some government forcing Coke to label it as a "soft drink" because it didn't have enough minerals to be considered water? That strange dry feeling it leaves in your mouth just plain creeps me out - you know that feeling - it's the minerals in your mouth being sucked up by their sterile water.[/tinfoil hat]

Apr 18, 2006 at 11:56 AM Post #89 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
You drink water?!?!?!?!?!

I do love the episode where he was forced to drink a glass of water ("I've been poisoned!").

W. C. Fields is probably most eloquent on the topic in quotation number 8 here.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 18, 2006 at 12:06 PM Post #90 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
Whatever you do, don't drink Dasani. Or anything else that's just tap water put through a reverse-osmosis filter. Wasn't there some news when it came out about some government forcing Coke to label it as a "soft drink" because it didn't have enough minerals to be considered water? That strange dry feeling it leaves in your mouth just plain creeps me out - you know that feeling - it's the minerals in your mouth being sucked up by their sterile water.[/tinfoil hat]

It was worse than that see here it was worse than tap water health-wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back