Both the Fuze+ and Clip+ have arrived
Oct 17, 2010 at 7:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

metllicamilitia

100+ Head-Fier
Still waiting on the Sleek's, but it seems to me that the Fuze+ has more bass in the sound. And as I don't like to be overwhelmed by bass, I have chosen to use the Clip+ and the Fuze+ went to a friend in desperate need of a new DAP.

Couple Rockbox questions though. If I install Rockbox onto my Clip+ will I have to re-transfer all my music back onto the player? I don't see why I would have too, but my comp is so slow that it would take 3 hours to do so. And the second, when I was looking into Rockbox for the v2 I have, it says it's still a beta. So is the build stable enough and not going to mess up my player if I install it?

Again, thanks in advance for your help. It is truly appreciated. Can't tell you how much I have learned from members on this site. Probably my favorite and go to site for audio.

Oct 17, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #2 of 9
Woops, nevermind about the Rockbox, I misread, I have the v1 Clip+.

EDIT: I hadn't checked into the Clip+ while on Rockbox's site. It says the build for the Clip+ is an unstable build. Does anyone have Rockbox on a Clip+ and can tell me the good and bad about the build?

Oct 17, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
Woops, nevermind about the Rockbox, I misread, I have the v1 Clip+.

EDIT: I hadn't checked into the Clip+ while on Rockbox's site. It says the build for the Clip+ is an unstable build. Does anyone have Rockbox on a Clip+ and can tell me the good and bad about the build?

I've had it on two of them for many weeks now, and I would never go back to the Sansa firmware. The website says unstable, but I've had almost zero problems, and nothing that wasn't resolved within a couple of minutes.

Oct 17, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #4 of 9
I've had RB on my Clip+ for a few weeks myself. Zero problems. Much better than the stock FW, and besides, it's dual bootable.

Oct 18, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #7 of 9
Okay, another question about Rockbox. I had it installed, and I installed a theme I liked. One major deal breaker for me though, I could not play all songs, I had to play by folder. Was this theme specific or Rockbox specific? If I can't play all my songs at one time, I will not use Rockbox. Thanks again for your help.

Oct 20, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
Okay, another question about Rockbox. I had it installed, and I installed a theme I liked. One major deal breaker for me though, I could not play all songs, I had to play by folder. Was this theme specific or Rockbox specific? If I can't play all my songs at one time, I will not use Rockbox. Thanks again for your help.

Highlight your music folder in the RB file browser, bring up the context menu and add the folder to your playlist. . . you can even add it shuffled if you like
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back