Boston Meet - Saturday July 9th
Jul 6, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #106 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Looks like the wife may be busy with bachelorette happenings this weekend so I may be free to attend. If I do I'll roll in with whatever gear I can, which right now would be Senn 600s with Oehlbach, stock 225s, a basic M3, and I'm sure I can round up a Millett Hybrid
wink.gif
, maybe even Thaddy's super Millett. Wouldn't that be killer letting you all listen to it before he gets it? I'm not sure I'm that cruel, we'll see how I'm feeling Saturday. Anyway, here's to hoping I can make it down.

nate

Hope you can make it Nate. One reason being that I'm dying to hear an M3
eggosmile.gif

Also, anyone hauling along a PPAv2 (or PPAv1 w/Diamond Buffers)?

-Kevin

Jul 6, 2005 at 12:36 PM Post #107 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy006
Hope you can make it Nate. One reason being that I'm dying to hear an M3
eggosmile.gif

Well, I just wish it was finished (w/ STEPS, crossfeed, etc.) but at least it would give folks an idea of the potential that's there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy006
Also, anyone hauling along a PPAv2 (or PPAv1 w/Diamond Buffers)?

If we can get the grounding issue sorted with my friends Ian's PPA V2 (see here ) perhaps I can convince him to come along or let me borrow it for the day.

Here's to hoping.

Nate

Jul 6, 2005 at 5:23 PM Post #110 of 153
And here's some more news: so will I!

The folks here at the office said that because my trip was cut short, and orders seem to be going well, I can come visit. No, I'm not going to have the tables, but I will bring a bunch of stuff in cases.

Can't wait to see you!

Tyll

Jul 6, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #112 of 153
Is anyone bringing a turntable (yes a record player) to the meet? I have a few nice 180g LP that have not been played in a while (since I no longer have a working turntable myself). I'd be happy to bring them along, but I don't want to leave them in the car if they wont get used.

Uh-oh, did I just show me age?

Jul 6, 2005 at 9:40 PM Post #113 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by dag655321
Is anyone bringing a turntable (yes a record player) to the meet? I have a few nice 180g LP that have not been played in a while (since I no longer have a working turntable myself). I'd be happy to bring them along, but I don't want to leave them in the car if they wont get used.

Uh-oh, did I just show me age?

I have been asking the same question, if some one is going to bring any turntable to the meet please let me know So I will bring my new phono stage Emmeline XR-10B with me. If not, then it won't make sence draging it over there. Please any one out there if you have good TT & don't mind bringing it over, as vinyl is really fun to listen to. If no one responds then I will come with out the phono stage.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Jul 6, 2005 at 10:53 PM Post #114 of 153
I will gladly bring my TT...It is a modest rig...Rega Planar 3 w/ Goldring 1006 cartridge. But, I can understand that anyone with a better one would think twice about traveling with thiers. I may be a little late (traveling from Philly)...but I will arive with TT and previously mentioned gear.

If this is satisfactory I will bring a few LP's as well! (Wilco, Sade, Miles Davis and maybe one more). Please bring any you want to hear!!!

Ray we can either hook up my MF X-Can V3 amp or use one of your demo units. My Senn HD650's w/Equinox Cable will be available as well. If this offer is accepted then I will most likely leave my Arcam CD player behind, unless anyone was trying to hear it specifically...PM me.

Jul 7, 2005 at 2:10 AM Post #116 of 153
Yikes - Thanks!

Tyll - I'm really glad that you'll be joining us after all!

Looks like it's going to be a full house of a meet! I can hardly wait!
biggrin.gif

Oh, and if anyone sees me moving toward a turntable setup, stop me. I don't need any further help in shrinking my wallet. lol.

Jul 7, 2005 at 3:04 AM Post #118 of 153
Well, Thaddy is probably going to be pissed, but I put his amp in a temporary case tonight (pics to follow tomorrrow, when I can see straight) so you all can check it out this weekend. You have to promise to be nice to it
wink.gif

So more and more it looks like I'll be in attendance with said Millett Hybrid and my M3 in tow. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Nate

Jul 7, 2005 at 3:07 AM Post #119 of 153
Any word on the PPAv2? Icy and I are both trying to decide between the PPAv2 and the M3 for future construction projects. It'd be nice to hear both of them. What opamps are in your M3?

Jul 7, 2005 at 3:23 AM Post #120 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jar
Any word on the PPAv2? Icy and I are both trying to decide between the PPAv2 and the M3 for future construction projects. It'd be nice to hear both of them. What opamps are in your M3?

Unfortunately the PPA threw a fit tonight and now needs some love (torched output resistor). I'll try and see what I can do but there's a limited number of hours between now and Saturday. I'm hopeful I can fix it, but no promises.

The M3 is running the "stock" AD8610s as I found them to be the best at resolving detail while not losing anything that couldn't be corrected by a bit of bass-boost, which is installed. If I can I'll bring a set of 637s/627 for people to roll.

If (by chance) you read Ian and I's comparison of these two amps I think you'd find that there isn't a bad choice to be made between the M3 and PPA. They're both really fantastic (IMHO).

Nate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back