Boston Meet - Saturday July 9th
Jul 7, 2005 at 4:21 AM Post #121 of 153
Cool. From listening in Icy's PIMETA, I really prefer the 637/627 with grado phones, and the 8610 with sennheisers. Well, I prolly shouldn't hijack the meet thread with a big DIY amp discussion. We can have it at the meet.

Jul 7, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #122 of 153
With the gear list, and especially the people who are attending, this sure looks like it will be a day to remember.

Nate: whatever you happen to bring is much appreciated. I bet my DT-880 would love the M3/AD8610s. The 600 Ohm Beyer beasts make my poor PIMETA melt thru Hammond enclosures..

Jul 7, 2005 at 12:52 PM Post #123 of 153
Three or four major vendors and 25+ attendees, all with great gear. Wow; could this be classified as a mini tradeshow? Too bad the jewelry show is occurring next door or I would negotiate for the actual trade center itself; seems we'll be needing the space . . . 8~)

As it stands, I think I've been able to get us moved to a larger conference room. Will try to confirm today and go take a peek at the new digs.

There should be signage to direct you to the correct conference room, or the pub, based on your desired direction.

Thanks to all for the great support and attendance at what should be an awesome event.

Dave

P.S. Power strips: Bring'm if ya got'm

Jul 7, 2005 at 1:11 PM Post #124 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Well, Thaddy is probably going to be pissed, but I put his amp in a temporary case tonight (pics to follow tomorrrow, when I can see straight) so you all can check it out this weekend. You have to promise to be nice to it
wink.gif

Oh I'm not pissed one bit! I'll think of this as field testing for my new baby
cool.gif
Just promise not to drool all over the amp, Nate has worked hard enough on it! Also, I demand to see many pictures of her in action
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2005 at 1:41 PM Post #125 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
... Also, I demand to see many pictures of her in action
biggrin.gif

Look at that LED go!!
eggosmile.gif

[size=x-small]p.s. I'll pack n power strips, where 2 <= n <= 4, and n is a function of what I can wrestle away from my wire tangles.[/size]

Jul 7, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #126 of 153
Quote:

Also, I demand to see many pictures of her in action
biggrin.gif

Will do. Hmm, where did I put the extra battery for my camera?

EDIT - Oh, and I guess there are lot more Head-Fi'ers in the area that I had realized. I need to go buy more name tag stickers. lol.

Jul 7, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #127 of 153
Quote:

Oh I'm not pissed one bit! I'll think of this as field testing for my new baby
cool.gif
Just promise not to drool all over the amp, Nate has worked hard enough on it! Also, I demand to see many pictures of her in action
biggrin.gif

Good to know, I've been meaning to shoot you a PM about it but with Ian's PPA on the fritz I've been a bit busy trying to get that sorted. And I think you'll be surprised at how good she looks even in the crappy case that I came up with. It's the ultimate in stripped down
biggrin.gif
, but it works.

As far as pictures go I'll come with the D70 in hand, complete with the new 1gig card so there will be no shortage of meet photos.

N

Jul 7, 2005 at 2:44 PM Post #128 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Good to know, I've been meaning to shoot you a PM about it but with Ian's PPA on the fritz I've been a bit busy trying to get that sorted.

frown.gif

Yeah, that would be my bad... Aparantly I can't be left alone with a multi-meter and an opened amp, even one I built, as not only did I not improve the buzz my amp had with low-impedence headphones, but I managed to make my PPA spit plumes of smoke and smell really, really bad!

That said, Thaddy's Millett looks pretty good and sounds even better! :thumbsup:

Jul 7, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #129 of 153
It's official, we now have a larger conference room at the Best Western. The Meet will be held in the Princess Ballroom, which is located on the right side of the main hotel building and all the way to the back right.

If you park on the right-hand side of the building and enter on the side marked "Function Entrance", take your first right after entering and go to the end of the hall. From the front entrance, go right and then left.

If you have heavy gear that you want to bring in through a rear entrance, there is a limited access emergency/security door. Please see Haj (Salt Peanuts) me Dave (drp), or Dan (DanG) to bring in gear via this access. Other than heavy gear unload/loading, we ask that you do not use this door at all.

See you all on Saturday.

Jul 7, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #132 of 153
Alright so i've been sharing the word of this head-fi meet, and now I've recruited a lot more people. So far it's me and 4 buddies that I got hooked, one being Poole ( A member of Head-fi). Hopefully this is ok.

Cheers Can't wait till saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back