Boston Meet - Saturday July 9th
Jun 30, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #91 of 153
sending a Sky blue mini over to Salt Peanuts to bring to the meet, Id to hear peoples impressions of the cable.

Salt Peanut, i accidentally deleted the prior mailing addy, can you resend it to me?

Thanks!

Jul 4, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #92 of 153
I'll be coming to the meet, and bringing my gear. I have Alessandro MS-1, Senn HD-580 with custom cable, Rio Karma, and a Headroom Airhead (old version). There are two cans I really want to hear that aren't on the gear list. Does any one have Alessandro MS-2s and/or Grado SR-225s that they could bring?

Jul 4, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #93 of 153
Another hopeful this late in the staging for some Shure canal phones. I know there a hot commodity and I know that not many people have them But are there any chances someone can bring E4c?!!?!

Cheers

Jul 5, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #94 of 153
If you have your own earplugs, I can bring my E4C's.

Jul 5, 2005 at 3:07 AM Post #95 of 153
Hi head-fiers of Boston.... I did not recieve any comments from any one regarding any turntable being available at your meet. I would love to bring my new phono stage Emmeline XR-10B if there is any interest in hearing it, but it is too hard for me to bring a good turntable for the meet. If there is any one out there who is willing to bring one to the meet I will be delighted to pack the phono stage & bring it over. If no replies or interest arises then I will come with out it.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Jul 5, 2005 at 5:09 AM Post #96 of 153
Any entrance fees?
I think i might bring my dad along, show him what im getting interested in, maybe have a father/son bonding experience. As of now my setup is pretty bad, so i dont think anyone will be too interested in what i have to offer. If my dad agrees to take me then I will bring my Sony NW-HD3 black. Its a beautiful little player, i also think that sony did a great job sonically with it, so I'll let people try it out, if they want.

Jul 5, 2005 at 6:12 AM Post #98 of 153
ok ill bring some cash and contribute, it would make me feel that i let people know that i appreciate them letting me use their stuff because at the moment im about to buy my first set of hi end headphones and i really wanted to compare them before i buy them.

Jul 5, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #99 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanG
patrox:

Apparently the meeting room cost $220. So if you could bring some money to help defray the cost, that would be great.

The cost was $221.53 to be exact. Any collected funds above $200.00 (I'll consider the 21.53 my contribution) will be donated to Head-Fi, so yes, everyone please dig deep and contribute generously if you can. If you cannot, enjoy the show and donate directly to Head-Fi when you can.

Just around the corner now; can't wait.

Jul 5, 2005 at 8:36 PM Post #100 of 153
I'd like to repeat my offer for giving a ride to someone from Boston's North Shore area to the meet if necessary. I live in Marblehead. Please contact me directly via PM or Head-Fi's e-mail relay system if you need a ride.

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:02 AM Post #101 of 153
jar - there should be a pair of SR-225's at the meet.

I know I've said this before, but if you remember, please bring a power strip or two. Looking through the gear list, we'll probably need them.

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone! Less than a week to go!
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:10 AM Post #102 of 153
This Saturday, wow time flies. I wasn’t thinking. John Tucker at Exemplar Audio offered to bring my Exemplar 3910 up to the latest specs. Since my good tube amp (Exemplar audio modified ASL OTL/32) is still in for service (slim chance of it being back in time). I decided to send my player for the latest mods, so it shipped out today.

The point is that I won’t have my best electronics for Saturday. So here is a list of what I’ll be bringing.

AKG K1000 (with Siltech ¼” to XLR adapter cable and Siltech spade lug to XLR cable)
AKG K501
Sony MDR SA5000
Grado SR-325i
Meier Porta Corda mkII
Archos AV420
Creek OBH-11SE
Pioneer DV-563a
EAD DSP-7000
And a smattering of Siltech cables
2 Siltech Octopus Power strips (Octopi?)

There is also a slim chance that the Channel Island Audio VHP-1/VAC-1 that I have on order might be here, but I’m not holding my breath.

I can offer a ride to anyone coming from the Manchester, Salem, Nashua area. I drive a VW so space is limited but there is certainly room for one. PM me.

I might be able to borrow a Benchmark DAC1 from work if anyone is interested.

Jul 6, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #104 of 153
Looks like the wife may be busy with bachelorette happenings this weekend so I may be free to attend. If I do I'll roll in with whatever gear I can, which right now would be Senn 600s with Oehlbach, stock 225s, a basic M3, and I'm sure I can round up a Millett Hybrid
wink.gif
, maybe even Thaddy's super Millett. Wouldn't that be killer letting you all listen to it before he gets it? I'm not sure I'm that cruel, we'll see how I'm feeling Saturday. Anyway, here's to hoping I can make it down.

nate

Jul 6, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #105 of 153
Time flies! I'm in. Cans: SR-325 (silver) (flats, bowls, alpha c-pads), vintage Beyer DT-880 (600 Ohm!), PX-100, Portapros. Amps: PIMETA (OPA627, OPA637, AD843, AD8620 rolling kit), MINT, CMoy. Sources: Zen Micro.

I'd be happy to bring some T-Amps if someone would like to play with them. Especially if someone brings Paradigm Atoms or similar, because I'm curious
smily_headphones1.gif

Aw crap I'm getting paid right before this meet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back