Boston Meet - Saturday July 9th
Jun 20, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #76 of 153
Hi Ray,

We would definitely love to have you here for the meet! Any of the suggested airport should work fine as well. Logan would be about 30-40 min from the meet location while the other two would be about an hour to hour and half away. Also, assuming you're flying in on Saturday, I can help you with getting from an airport to the meet if the need arises. Of course the question would be if all of your gears and mine would fit into my Civic. lol.

Haj

EDIT - Congrats on your upcoming wedding, Nate!

Jun 20, 2005 at 12:18 PM Post #78 of 153
Ray, I will check to see if I can have the company van (My car is a VW too small). If I can then I can help you out. If not then one of the family (mini-van driving) people will have to step up.

How many boxes would you be bringing?

or are you thinking of renting and your just looking for directions?

Jun 20, 2005 at 6:45 PM Post #79 of 153
Ray - Wonderful news that you'll be joining us. Check your PM on flights and lodging info

Providence is much easier to fly in/out of than Boston-Logan and is usually cheaper. Direct flights from Chicago.

Jun 20, 2005 at 7:43 PM Post #80 of 153
Cool, im very pleased that Ray will be joining us. We all look foward to having you there.

Jun 21, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #81 of 153
Just made reservations for my wife and myself, at the Best Western, for $89. Thanks. guys.

Jun 22, 2005 at 1:05 PM Post #83 of 153
Will you be living up to your name, photobob? For Head-Fi's prosperity sake?

Jun 22, 2005 at 2:37 PM Post #84 of 153
My wife and I will try our best to attend. If I can make it, I'll bring my recabled HD25-1's, Koss ksc-75, and Senn PX200 (and maybe the Porta Corda III USB).

Jun 23, 2005 at 2:29 AM Post #86 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by photobob
I'll take some pics, sure....
Bob

I'll remember to bring my digital camera as well, though my camera's bit old and my photo taking ability leaves a lot to be desired.
tongue.gif

On a different note, if some of us can bring power strips so we don't run out of outlet, that would be great. I'll be bringing my ONEAC and couple of generic strips but any extra wouldn't hurt.

Jun 23, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #87 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
EDIT - Congrats on your upcoming wedding, Nate!

Thanks, it'll be a good time but I'm seriously bummed about not being at the meet. Do you know if anyone's planning on bringing an M3 down? I'd be willing to loan the Peppermint M3 out for a few days to a responsible party if need be. I wish that it'd be in it's permanent home (ParMetals case) with STEPS power supply, crossfeed, switchable inputs and so on but there just isn't time these days
frown.gif
. I don't see one currently listed on the gear list in post #1 so someone just shoot me a PM if you think you can pick it up and drop it off in Portsmouth, NH.

Nate

Jun 26, 2005 at 3:57 PM Post #88 of 153
I'd like to attend as well. If something comes up between now and then I'll be sure to post here.

My gear list is as follows:

Beyer DT770-80
Audio Technica A100ti (modded with A900 drivers)
MisterX-built Subsonic Gilmore
Headphile CPU Series Dual 1/4" to RCA (though I'm sure there isn't much need for it)
Koss KSC-75
biggrin.gif

Thanks to everyone who coordinated this!

- Kurt

Jun 30, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #89 of 153
seeing as i live not even 5 min from that exact location ... ill be joining the gathering. ill admit i didn't check every post in this tread so someone might already be bringing some, but im currently in the market for some ear buds. If anyone has any Shures or other buds worth testing i would greatly appreciate it if they could bring some. Ill be bringing my own tips to use.

see ya'll there
600smile.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #90 of 153
Poole - FYI, in case you missed it, the first post in the thread contains the list of gears people are planning on bringing. I may have missed it among all the replies, but at this moment, the only canalphones on the list are Future Sonics EM3's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back