Boston Meet - Saturday July 9th
Jun 1, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #61 of 153
If I can make it, I will bring the following (along with whatever $$ contribution is required):

All equipment has NO modifications
Audio Technica ATH-A900
Future Sonics EM3's
Bang & Olufsen A8's
Nakamichi SP7's
Creative Zen Micro
Pocket Amp2 V2

...and any other various phones laying around.

Jun 1, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #63 of 153
I just signed the contract and paid for the accommodations for the July 9 Boston meet. The total came to $220.00. Minus my 20 bucks, this leaves 200 dollars that I’d like to take collections for. Rather than use PP or some other fee-related method, I’ll be collecting bucks at the meet. Any collected amount above the actual cost will be donated to Head-FI or used to cover group-related incidentals from the meet.

Our Conference Room (I took a peek) is plenty big and there are at least a few AC outlets on each wall; plenty for power distribution. I plan to show up around noon the day of the meet to make sure that all is in order for chairs and whatnot.

As previously mentioned, for overnight accommodations the night of the meet, we have a special room rate of $89.00 (plus taxes and crap). Make your reservation by June 9th to get this rate. To make a reservation, follow the link Salt Peanuts provided in the first post and make sure you mention that you are part of the Head-Fi Meet.

Look forward to hearing your gear,

Dave

NOTE: Attendance is not tied to Contributions. If you spent all your money on gear and/or need to borrow gas money to make it, please come anyway. If you need a ride from within the Greater Boston Area, make this known.

Jun 8, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #65 of 153
Just wondering if the new micro line of amps \ (Dac specifically) will be there. Ive come to terms with myself that i want a portable dac for my supermacro, so i was hoping to hear it. Anyone have Benchmark Dac 1? Also have heard great things about that and wanted to hear it.

Thanks

Jun 8, 2005 at 12:29 PM Post #66 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little J040
Just wondering if the new micro line of amps \ (Dac specifically) will be there. Ive come to terms with myself that i want a portable dac for my supermacro, so i was hoping to hear it. Anyone have Benchmark Dac 1? Also have heard great things about that and wanted to hear it.

Thanks

IIRC from all the meet impression threads, the Micro lineup should be part of the gears Tyll will be bringing along with him for the HeadRoom Tour.

Jun 9, 2005 at 8:05 PM Post #68 of 153
The 404's are a great headphone. It makes you feel as if there is some of the soundstage, right at the tip of your nose.

Jun 10, 2005 at 11:09 PM Post #69 of 153
If anyone needs a ride up to the event on Saturday morning from the NYC area I will be swinging by White Plains around 10/11am and returning Sunday between 5 and 7pm. Let me know...you will need to make sleeping arrangements. No worries about gas/tolls. I guess anyone in North NJ or Connecticut is welcome as well.

I will probably be dog tired...the girlfriend is making me see the Counting Crows (boo!!!) in Altantic City Friday night. She promises to drive...as long as it is not raining we should arrive alive!

etysmile.gif

Jun 16, 2005 at 3:41 PM Post #70 of 153
I bring sad, sad tidings indeed. Behind the scenes, Dara (VP Operations at HeadRoom) has been trying to get the red tape squared away for the trip to Canada and Europe. It boils down to this (and there’s a lot of boiling here): we have to post a bond of %35 of the value of the equipment. A certified check, that will be cashed, for $20,000 will be theirs for about three months, plus a wheelbarrow filled of paperwork that will take somebody’s time for 20 hours. HOLY COW! That’s a lot of dough! Dough HeadRoom doesn’t have at the moment; we just spent all our cash and half our reserves to produce, tool up, and fill inventory with new product. There is no way I can pony up $20,000 TWICE once to go to Canada and once for Europe! What really pisses me off about this is that I lean a bit to the left, and I liked the whole NAFTA idea, BUT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO HELP ME OUT AS WELL AS MY HEMISPHERIC NEIGHBORS! At the moment it looks like an international conspiracy to make it impossible for an American businessman to peddle his wares across the boarder; and the US Customs bit of it was actually harder than the Canadian red tape.
So I’m going to have to announce some cancellations of the Canadian and European part of my trip. I can’t tell you how bad I feel about this. I will also have to cancel my attendance at the Boston and Urbana meet. As much as I would like to go, there are also myriad issues at the home office where I could help, and although my passion drags me out to show off the hardware, my sense of responsibility draws me back. I simply must balance my visits with you guys, with the pile of work awaiting me at home. I very much hope you still hold the meets and have a great time.
The good news is New York, DC, Cincinatti, and Pittsburgh are just around the corner, and the west coast trip is still on for August. I’ve had a great time so far, and am looking forward to the visits this year and on into the future.

AAARRRRGGGHHH!
frown.gif

Jun 20, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #74 of 153
Hello headfiers in Boston...
If there is a place for one more person, I would like to come to your meet & bring the entire line of Emmeline amps. Please let me know if that is ok with the planner of this meet. If coming I would be in need of some guidance as to what airport I should book my flight, & if possible I might need help in getting around from the airport to what ever destination. This will be my first time ever in seeing Boston.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Jun 20, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #75 of 153
Ack, the weekend before I get married, no chance in heck I'll be at a Head-Fi meet
frown.gif
. I am a sad, sad man...

Ray, here's all the help I can offer with your travel plans. You can fly into one of three places and be "close" to Boston.

1. Logan Airport, MA - this is in Boston but not the most visitor friendly airport in terms of getting to anywhere from Logan.

2. Manchester, NH - About an hour north of Boston. Sometimes cheaper to fly in here and then just drive to where you need to get. Since the Boston meet isn't actually in Boston this might work better for you. Way easier to deal with than Logan.

3. Hartford, CT - probably a little further from Boston than Manchester. I've never flown into here so I can't really say much about it. From what I've heard it's pretty easy to get around.

Hope that helps and I hope you make it to the east coast, even if I won't be able to make it.

Nate
[size=xx-small]stupid wedding[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back