Bose, Wesc, or Dr. Dre?
Apr 6, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #46 of 91
They have become cheaper and for the extra features, including 'good cable' I would not say the K181 DJ is expensive. I skipped on the K81 for its flimsy cable. Cable matters too...

Apr 6, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #47 of 91
No worries man...I have no right to object to your happiness.

Just like to voice out and help others how they can have audio-nirvana....it does not necessarily means shelling out large amount of cash with what mumble-jumble of other people tell you here in headfi, but if you ever find it and be contended with it, then that's okay. Just as you said, even those people with stock ibuds are very happy on their own.

Quote:
Hey man it's all about subjectivity. Some people find heaven with Apple Earbuds and I'm in 7th heaven with my Skullcandy Skullcrushers.

I'm serious.

Apr 7, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #48 of 91

Quote:
I don't know to much about DJ headphones. Just stay away from Dre and Bose though. Both overpriced for the sound quality they have.

+ 1 for the 'Stay away from...' part. I did try the Bose and it looked WAY overpriced for the SQ. Same for the Beats by Dre....can't comment on the Wesc though...
In fact I have a lot of friends in the US who are 'advovates' of BOSE as if it were the ULTIMATE in SQ...(whatever happened to the other (and I might add 'real') audiophile brands ). Its not that the BOSE are terrible, I think just overpriced and compromised in built quality. Its just my opinion though...personal preference is the best judge I guess...

Apr 7, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #50 of 91
Get the Ultrasone PRO 900 if you want a club in your ears.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Apr 7, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #52 of 91

Quote:
Get the Ultrasone PRO 900 if you want a club in your ears.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

ATH Pro700 Mk has more bass than Pro 900 and it is around $160 on ebay new.

http://www.headfonia.com/bass-to-the-power-of-two-pro700-mk2/

"The Pro700 Mk2 is an all-assault attempt on Bass. The PRO900 is a hifi headphone with good bass."

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #53 of 91

Quote:
A slightly modified K518 LE is quite good actually. I got one today and it is an impressive little AKG.

Cool! Modified in what way? I bought the K518LE for my wife and I have removed the extra foam inside the earcups. Also I've put Sennheiser HD25 1:II headband padding strip on the headband to reduce the pressure on the top of the head. Not as good sounding as my HD25 1:II, but considering that the K518 LE cost around €40 and the HD25 1:II cost around €150, I'd say that the K518 LE sound very good for the price.

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #54 of 91
Notice the
wink.gif
on my post lol. I wasn't serious as I know the price is out of his range. But to the OP, you should give the Ultrasone HFI-580/780 or Audio Technica ATH-M50 (if you can find a way to shorten the cable length) a try.

Apr 8, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #55 of 91
Quote:
Cool! Modified in what way? I bought the K518LE for my wife and I have removed the extra foam inside the earcups. Also I've put Sennheiser HD25 1:II headband padding strip on the headband to reduce the pressure on the top of the head. Not as good sounding as my HD25 1:II, but considering that the K518 LE cost around €40 and the HD25 1:II cost around €150, I'd say that the K518 LE sound very good for the price.

Foam removed, oh my does it sound better
eek.gif
. I do not want to go back...

Strengthened the connected pieces of cable with tape for electronic appliances. I also found out the cable between the connections likes to get tangled up so I straightened it up with more of the same tape. I absolutely detest the choice AKG made with that cable. My PX200 II has a thin cable that does not tangle itself up and the RP-HTX7 I used to have had a thick cable. 

Compared as a complete product with its bigger brother the K518 LE is impressive, but if you want to upgrade to the K181 DJ for 150 euros or less it is a steal for its total package. Also the K181 DJ sounds very HiFi for a DJ tool with even better isolation than my K518 LE. 

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #56 of 91
If you're willing to push it to $150, why not $200 for a set of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro-80 (or consider the 32-ohm if you're driving them only from portable sources.) Great, deep, punchy, musical bass, incredible comfort, good detail, moderate isolation, and built like a German tank. (Actually, in fact, built like a German headphone.)

Here's a recent review by an engineer / audiophile who bought them on my recommendation.

IMHO, the Beyers actually deliver the sound that the Dr. Dre phones claim to.

Apr 14, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #58 of 91

Quote:
Shure srh750s i use them for djing ,also hd25s or one of the sony xbs like xb500,700,1000 .

although the srh750dj is made for dj ing the durability is not something i would risk dj ing with. they just feel like they would easily snap. i replaced mine with the srh840 because the 750dj had to much bass and i was constantly afraid they would break. but then again i am not a dj. so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Apr 14, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #59 of 91

Quote:
Hi
L3000.gif
. I listen to a lot of house music (crookers, justice, mightyfools, zodiac cartal, boys noize, bloody beetroots, sound of stereo) and do some dj'ing. Im looking for something that sounds accurate rather than something that has a lot of messy bass. But I still do not want anything with weak bass.

For the bose I am thinking about the AE2. The noise-cancelling on the other model is something that i dont really need and it is too pricey for me.
For the Wesc Im thinking about the bongo.
And Im thinking about the dr dre because they have good reviews.

I will mostly be listening from my ipod nano or my laptop. I try to make all my songs 320kbps.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Bose, Wesc, or Dr. Dre? My recommendation: None of the above.

Welcome to Head-fi, and sorry about your wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back