Bose, Wesc, or Dr. Dre?
Apr 2, 2011 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91

Cyworld

New Head-Fier
Hi
L3000.gif
. I listen to a lot of house music (crookers, justice, mightyfools, zodiac cartal, boys noize, bloody beetroots, sound of stereo) and do some dj'ing. Im looking for something that sounds accurate rather than something that has a lot of messy bass. But I still do not want anything with weak bass.

For the bose I am thinking about the AE2. The noise-cancelling on the other model is something that i dont really need and it is too pricey for me.
For the Wesc Im thinking about the bongo.
And Im thinking about the dr dre because they have good reviews.

I will mostly be listening from my ipod nano or my laptop. I try to make all my songs 320kbps.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Apr 2, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #3 of 91
Not alot more than the Bose AE2. I don't even know how much dre costs. I think it might be overpriced because its way too popular. But Im just asking cuz im not a professional.

Apr 2, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #7 of 91
How about AKG K518 LE (shorter cord) or DJ (longer cord). Or Sennheiser HD25 1:II.

WESC are pretty much a joke IMHO and you should stay away from them. BOSE and Beats are okay but terribly overpriced. The HD25 1:II cost from $150 to $200 and are primarily used as DJ headphones. They work great for portable use as well.

The AKG K518 must be the best bang for the buck when it comes to (semi-) closed portable headphones. They can be found for around $60 and to my ear, they only sound slightly worse than the HD25 1:II. The bass is stronger on the K518 and they are slightly less detailed than the HD25 1:II. Other than that they sound amazing for the price. I would imagine that they could go head to head with the Beats and win.

Here's a review of the K 518LE

About the K518, they have an extra layer of foam inserted into the earcups. I suppose it's there to make the lower frequencies stronger. Unfortunately, it dampens the mid- and high frequencies as well. If I were you, I'd pull them out right away. With the extra foams inserted, the K518 sound okay. Without them, it sounds very good.

Apr 2, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #8 of 91
+ 1 for the AKG 518 (or K81).

I had the K81DJ for a long time and they were my go-to portable headphones. They definitely have bass. I also removed the foam inserts.

Good luck!

Apr 2, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #9 of 91
I have the K81DJ's listening to them for 1 year or so and loved them, then, I recabelled them with silver plated copper wire.  The great base tightens up a bit, but the mid's and treble open up and the headphone sounds a lot nicer.  So, I vote for K81DJ's, pull out the foam insert, then if you get ambitious, recable them later on down the road for an upgrade.

Apr 2, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #10 of 91
try the shure srh440
sennheiser hd25 ii
shure srh840
audio technica ath m50
shure srh750dj

the shure srh440 and srh840 is very neutral and balanced as is the senn hd25 ii
the ath m50 has slightly more bass as does the shure srh750dj which has massive amounts of bass.
i think you would want a somewhat bass heavy headphone foe what you listen to. in that case get the audio technica ath m50.

Apr 2, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #11 of 91

Quote:
Quote:
Go for HFI580 or M50!
  Quote:
+1 to this too. Stay away from Bose and Beats, they're awful for the price. I have a pair of M50s and I'm loving them.

+1. Don't get Bose, Beats, or Wesc. They're hated around Head-fi and are pretty overpriced
wink.gif
and the Beats do have "messy bass", just try them at an Apple Store, Best Buy, or something

Sent from my iPod touch 4th generation using Tapatalk

+1 as well :D

Apr 2, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #13 of 91
Are you kidding me? Get the Skullcandy Agent! It blows the M50 out of the water!

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #14 of 91
woah didnt know i would have so many names thrown at me. Thanks anyways! Im reading online about all the suggested headphones. For some reason wesc and bose are very tempting. I see a lot dj's use the wesc and bose is just tempting im not sure why.

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #15 of 91

Quote:
woah didnt know i would have so many names thrown at me. Thanks anyways! Im reading online about all the suggested headphones. For some reason wesc and bose are very tempting. I see a lot dj's use the wesc and bose is just tempting im not sure why.

No man you were right all along. WESC and Bose are the best brands to get. The make my Sennheiser HD650 and Earsonics SM3 sound like trash. I wish I never spent so much money on these. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back