Bose upgrade?
Apr 30, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #32 of 41
The JH13 would probably be pretty much perfect for your needs. If you want tons of bass, the JH16 would be good too.

Apr 30, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #33 of 41
I've got Shure SE530 (now discontinued, replaced by SE535) driven by Ray Samuels Audio P-51 Mustang.  It's a pretty solid combo, and the amp is incredibly small with excellent battery life.

You're got a pretty nice budget allocated to this though, so as others have mentioned, custom IEMs might be the way to go for you.

May 2, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #34 of 41

Quote:
Could you give me a link to the CL amp combo?

OH YEA, sorry for the delay! been working insanely, setting up projects for a science study, and hanging out with some buddy's.

http://aloaudio.com/t5p-tesla.html

The Tesla 5's  they are the T1's but in a more portable package, they sound the same.

http://aloaudio.com/algorhythm-solo-rx-mk2-amp-black-combo-package.html

It seems like a high price but ohhhhhh god, ooohhhhhh god, it sounds so nice, and it's a DAC AMP, not it will not sound as good as a full sized amp* DAC is debatable on that part* but THE BEST hands down portable amp I have listened to at 32 OHM. I powered these, the LCD-2's, and the HD800's very nicely when I tried them.

May 2, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #35 of 41
This may not seem exactly portable to some of you but would a 
ipod classic 160 gb to
alo audio ipod cable to
algorhytm solo to
alo audio right angle mini to mini cable (the one included with the algorhytm solo specialty interconnect package) to
sr 71b amp to 
alo audio balanced lcd 2 headphone cable to 
audeze lcd 2
suit my needs in terms of how the music should sound?

May 2, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #36 of 41

Quote:
This may not seem exactly portable to some of you but would a 
ipod classic 160 gb to
alo audio ipod cable to
algorhytm solo to
alo audio right angle mini to mini cable (the one included with the algorhytm solo specialty interconnect package) to
sr 71b amp to 
alo audio balanced lcd 2 headphone cable to 
audeze lcd 2
suit my needs in terms of how the music should sound?

it should sound amazing from where your coming from

and yes, and the lcd-2 are open so the won't offer any isolations and leak sound :p

May 3, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #37 of 41
Yea that would be great, I still suggest the CL DAC AMP combo*it sounds Effing killer!!* but the LCD-2's are not he greatest on the go cans as they are open, not saying they cannont be on the go but be prepaired ot get soem very funny looks.

May 3, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #39 of 41
Just popping in here to make one thing clear: Westones do not have thumpy bass, they are very very clear and detailed in the bass department but it is not a strong pronounced bass. As OP is coming from bose headphones I'd suggest something like the TF10, or another bassy custom, otherwise the sudden change in sound signature is quite shocking for some people!

May 4, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #41 of 41
Unfortunately you can't test out IEMs for hygenic reasons.  And most of the headphones mentioned here probably won't be for sale at any local stores...your best bet, honestly, would be a head-fi meetup somewhere near your area.  There's a section in the forums for these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back