Bose Triport Thread
Jul 13, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #61 of 422
Four out of five audiologists recommend Bose Triports for headphone listening.

"Users find tinnitus far less annoying with the Bose Triports than with lesser, "audiophile" headphones."

BW

Jul 14, 2005 at 12:01 AM Post #63 of 422
I once heard an old tale, which spoke of how bose triports saves a schoolbus full of children from a scary mountain lion. From what I know, A young boy supposedly placed the phones on the beast's head, which caused it to scream in unimaginable terror, it's aural cavities being assaulted with such powerful evil that the lion soon befell a slow, painful death. Seeing how phones could be used to both save and destroy, the child and his classmates swore to create a place to teach people the ways of what they called the "head-fi". And that boy, that young courageous boy, was named . . .

Jul 14, 2005 at 12:05 AM Post #64 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I once heard an old tale, which spoke of how bose triports saves a schoolbus full of children from a scary mountain lion. From what I know, A young boy supposedly placed the phones on the beast's head, which caused it to scream in unimaginable terror, it's aural cavities being assaulted with such powerful evil that the lion soon befell a slow, painful death. Seeing how phones could be used to both save and destroy, the child and his classmates swore to create a place to teach people the ways of what they called the "head-fi". And that boy, that young courageous boy, was named . . .

...Jude?

Jul 14, 2005 at 12:08 AM Post #65 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by vranswer
...Jude?

eek.gif
It all makes sense now......

icon10.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #66 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by vranswer
...Jude?

I was thinking bob

tongue.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #67 of 422
I don't appreciate these Triport pieces of crap...
My friend tried to trick me into buying them...
eek.gif
eek.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 1:33 AM Post #68 of 422
Hey come on man, how many times have you seen an HD600 SAVE A BUS LOAD OF CHILDREN?! Thats right NEVER! Bose is a very high quality company that makes -->PARAMOUNT<-- quality products at very reasonable prices... just like Sony! *cough!* Except Sony equipment doesn't save the lives of children from ferocious lions who just happen to be infront of school buses.

[size=xx-small]to be taken with a grain of salt. Or even less infact.[/size]

Jul 14, 2005 at 1:42 AM Post #70 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockoAPZL1
There's a lion?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Was.
wink.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 1:45 AM Post #72 of 422
Well I think I have a major problem with my hearing. I put on the triports and I couldn't really hear any bass. I scheduled an apointment with an audiologist for next Tuesday, and I'm gonna bring her the triports so she can see how bad my hearing really is at those frequencies.

Jul 14, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #73 of 422
I am so tired of people thinking that they need more than boomy mid-"bass" and piercing, Banshee-like treble. The nice man at the Bose store told me that Bose hand-designs all their headphones to have the best sound in the frequency ranges that people actually hear. He explained that Bose uses the SAL 9000 supercomputer, designed by Dr. Chandra, to calculate the ranges where most people like their music to be loud and exaggerated. At one point, the original computer, HAL 9000 went insane and started to design headphones with flat response curves. However, the heroic engineers of Bose shut him off before people heard these headphones. When I got confused and started to cry, he explained that the midrange is actually where the mind-control signals are encoded. Bose manages to protect its customers with its sound. Also, computer design has to make everything better. I dried my tears, but found I was still crying! Then I realized that these weren't tears of anger and confusion, but tears of joy. Truly, when I plugged them into my unamped bookshelf stereo combo, I was in headphone Elysium. As the choral section of Beethoven's 9th barked at me with shrieking highs and muddy lows, I realized that it was me and my Bose those shrill and boomy singers were caterwauling about.

Jul 14, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #74 of 422
I personally have been missing the gorgeous site of these hotter than hot headphones so much that I decided to take a look at the advertising links just to get a glimpse of them. It was sad to see how these unique audio accessories were incorrectly rated by those not understanding their true place in the audio world.

For instance at Musician's Friend they were rated as follows:

Features:8.40
Quality:8.70
Value:7.60
Overall:8.10

This nearly brought tears to my eyes when I considered the net effect on the poor youth of America who would never understand what the true significance these headphones holds all alone at the bottom of the heap. It was nice to see that professionals were using them to mix their music though. Knowing the unique performance characteristics hiding inside this headphones little cups, I feel confident that these headphones will be responsible for the genesis of a whole new world of music that never would have been mixed without the engineer using them to determine the frequency response of the mix. (Well, unless there was a sudden epidemic of deafness). I'm figuring this is a brilliant ploy on Bose'es part. By introducing these headphones which have extended the state of the art through their elimination of uneccessary midrange frequencies Bose has laid down the challenge to engineers, daring them to mix their music with an elevated midragne which will make those audiophile speakers sound like just those premium Bose speakers. And as hard as it is to believe, Bose does this for FREE, well other than the charge for the headphones.

Jul 14, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #75 of 422
Could help explain the rise of poorly-recorded "hot" albums . . . I hate them with a passion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back