Bose Triport Thread
Jul 14, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #91 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
Great minds think alike. However, our well motivated Bose enthusiasm should be tempered a bit; as the reviewer above has mentioned, the Triports also have "Cons: Huge price tag".

I keep repeating this, but "value is remembered long after price is forgotten."

The value of the Bose Triports is permanently etched into the collective consciousness of all who've experienced them. It reverberates at the very mention of the name, evoking a response of choral unanimity.

No one goes away from the Bose Triports ever the same again. They speak with an eloquence that confounds indifference and shatters preconceptions. They establish a standard for headphone excellence than will remain unchallenged -- until Bose does it again.
icon10.gif

BW

Jul 14, 2005 at 10:38 PM Post #92 of 422
Personally, I'm just humbled by the fact that the great Bose people let us pick one out of TWO colors for our aural pleasure. We're allowed to choose our destiny, between Glacier Blue and Silver! Bose lets you show your color preference and wear it proud and true as you bask in the utter greatness and demonstrate your hip audio savvy.

Jul 14, 2005 at 10:41 PM Post #93 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
Even with a broken headband sound still comes out of both drivers.

All those headphones with single-sided cords must be jealous.

BoseTriPortbroken.jpg

Its a design feature people...open your minds friends, this headphone will allow you to listen to music through one ear which will be isolated from the outside world...And the other with let you hear what is going on around you!!! Its the work of a genius I tell you!! I'd even say that the next pair might only come with just half of the headphone! Progress people, This is the future....
icon10.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #94 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward
I keep repeating this, but "value is remembered long after price is forgotten."

The value of the Bose Triports is permanently etched into the collective consciousness of all who've experienced them. It reverberates at the very mention of the name, evoking a response of choral unanimity.

No one goes away from the Bose Triports ever the same again. They speak with an eloquence that confounds indifference and shatters preconceptions. They establish a standard for headphone excellence than will remain unchallenged -- until Bose does it again.
icon10.gif

BW

Amazing writing style....Do you write for a living? (Sorry, this is off-topic), do you have anything online I could read? (Do you RP? Lol, fat chance)

Jul 14, 2005 at 11:08 PM Post #95 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurck
Lol, PCWorld recently beheld the Greatness of the Triports as well:
http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/artic...,120786,00.asp
Those noobs didn't didn't like the QC2s though, and they tested some crappy (eg. non-Bose) iems.

icon10.gif

Pcworld is even more retard than Cnet, well, they rate very good Sennheiser, not bad, but Sennheiser blows Sony in headphones. And for PCworld the best notebooks always are Compaq and HP.
rolleyes.gif
And Pcworld just discovered Acer Ferrari and Alienware. (Just like if they were really new) Acer Ferrari is good but Alienware laptops are pricey. They just buy from OEM, paint them and add some other stuff. They don't really check the computers if they work well, tweak them, etc. Thought a computer from them is really good, and even more if you do some custom mods. Who really makes quality stuff is Falcon Northwest, but that's really expensive.

Jul 14, 2005 at 11:57 PM Post #96 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Help
And Pcworld just discovered Acer Ferrari and Alienware. (Just like if they were really new) Acer Ferrari is good but Alienware laptops are pricey.

They still haven't discovered Sager or Asus yet?
confused.gif

Not to get too far off topic but I usually find the best places to get info on products are from forums (well this depends too
rolleyes.gif
). You can get a lot of different opinions on products, not just what one person thought. I've long stopped trusting sites like cnet or pcworld. They have a tendency to correlate price with quality.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 12:14 AM Post #97 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall2072
Its a design feature people...open your minds friends, this headphone will allow you to listen to music through one ear which will be isolated from the outside world...And the other with let you hear what is going on around you!!! Its the work of a genius I tell you!! I'd even say that the next pair might only come with just half of the headphone! Progress people, This is the future....
icon10.gif

The nice salesman actually explained it to me a little differently. He said that it was a security feature. By allowing the headphones to come apart easily they can be used as an impromptu bolo if you're attacked or need to pick off some small game. This is well worth another $25-$50 on the price tag.

Jul 15, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #98 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by PDream
Amazing writing style....Do you write for a living? (Sorry, this is off-topic), do you have anything online I could read? (Do you RP? Lol, fat chance)

Retired academic, I'm afraid. Nothing I've published would be available online, but thanks for the very flattering post.

RP? New one on me. What's that?

Regards,

BW

Jul 15, 2005 at 1:08 AM Post #99 of 422
Instead of leaving it with a single driver...

Attatch a Mic...
tongue.gif
icon10.gif
cool.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #104 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nights_85
misleading? Perish the thought! There is not one post in this thread laden with absolute sarcasm!
[size=xx-small]
No never not one at all! They're all laden with sarcasm! =p[/size]

Yeah I know... What if a new person read this?

Jul 15, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #105 of 422
As an alternative to the Triports, that PC Mag article said the Shure E5C's sounded basically as good. The Shure E5C's though are $400, so the Triports are really a steal at $150!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back