Bose Triport Thread
Jul 13, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #46 of 422
NEED ADVICE:
What upgrade cable better to use for my Boses?

Cardas? Blue Dragon? Stefan AudioArt Equinox?
The first two would match the color fairly well.

I will be using my mono 13'' Samsung TV as the source - unamped!!!

Jul 13, 2005 at 8:09 PM Post #48 of 422
B.O.S.E. - Buy Other Sound Equipment

Jul 13, 2005 at 8:23 PM Post #49 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwc
I think that the Bose triport's prove that high-performance sound can come in a lightweight package. I can hear the full spectrum of my music whether I'm plugged into my computer or on the go with my portable media device. The Bose headphone technology really reveals the rich acoustical landscape of my music.

Bose's proprietary acoustic equalization delivers the rich nuances of my music that I often lose with my Sennheiser HD600's. With the Triports I hear the intricate notes of an acoustic guitar, the full range of vocals and even the beat of a drum with greater impact. The triports put it all together: high performance sound, comfortable fit, and stylish design for an eye-catching, orgasmic auditory experience.

Ok, this is getting a little too scary, that was so well articulated that some poor newb is going to get misled...ah well, they have to learn some time
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 13, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #50 of 422
I feel so stupid! I've only heard the over-priced KSC-50 by Koss, the bass and highless EX71's from Sony, the bassy PX200 from Sennheiser and luckily a pretty freaking good Sony Streetwear, but I never ehard the amazing, underpriced triports! I really want to, but not a single general shop seems to carry them, only the hi-fi shops, and that's not a good place to buy hi-fi equipment! Everybody tells me the triports suck, they dont know what they're talkign about! Forums like www.head-fi.org promote them all the time!

And yes, I jumped down the rabbit hole.

Jul 13, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #51 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by fante7
B.O.S.E. - Buy Other Sound Equipment

Ha! good one... another "marketing the truth" slogan could be - BOSE - The short bus in audio

Jul 13, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #53 of 422
The key word is "isolation"

Isolation from the world outside
Isolation from the Music
Isolation from reality

Jul 13, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #54 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by James281
this thread gonna mislead a lot of newbie
icon10.gif

my thoughts exactly.

Jul 13, 2005 at 9:39 PM Post #55 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwc
I think that the Bose triport's prove that high-performance sound can come in a lightweight package. I can hear the full spectrum of my music whether I'm plugged into my computer or on the go with my portable media device. The Bose headphone technology really reveals the rich acoustical landscape of my music.

Bose's proprietary acoustic equalization delivers the rich nuances of my music that I often lose with my Sennheiser HD600's. With the Triports I hear the intricate notes of an acoustic guitar, the full range of vocals and even the beat of a drum with greater impact. The triports put it all together: high performance sound, comfortable fit, and stylish design for an eye-catching, orgasmic auditory experience.

If this forum had rep you would get it all.

Jul 13, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #57 of 422
The Triports get a high appreciation in this review on 6 Moons: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/t.../triports.html

The only draw-back seems to be some slight interaction between the air "caught" between the driver itself and the ear and certain frequencies - this looks like being easy to fix by extending the ductape mod suggested by kramer5150 over the drivers themselves.

Jul 13, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #59 of 422
Ok you need to set up a counter to see how many people click that link.
(+1 here)
-Dan

Jul 13, 2005 at 10:48 PM Post #60 of 422
Apparently some people in the hi-fi or "audiphile" community like to rag on the triports, but i think that they should be commended. After a year and a half of use, mine are actually still together, now come on, 1 and a half years? Thats a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back