Bose TriPort or Grado SR60/SR80 ?
May 13, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #16 of 81
I though the thread title Bose TriPod or Grado SR-60/SR-80 ? was a joke ... hehehe.
Yeah, i suggest you to return the Bose and research here at head-fi for a good pair of headphones. You can get a better headphone and a portable amp with this $140 spent on the Bose ...

May 13, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #18 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you might not be happy with Grados if you loved the HD580s though =\

Or he might realize what a nasty veil they had and love the grados.

May 13, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #19 of 81
Just get the Senn HD580 again. At B&H a respected dealer they sell them for $130. Also over time you can upgrade them with HD600 grills and HD650 cable to make them sound better. Also there closed so they wont wake up your roomates and vice-versa and the velour pads are oh so comfy.

May 13, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #20 of 81
The HD580, 600 and 650 are not closed. They are all open. The 600 grilles and 650 cable won't do anything but make them more durable.

May 13, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #21 of 81
The HD580 I used weren't closed.

The amp I use, I don't even know what brand, it's a wooden box, covered, and I have an input, an output, and a hole for a power adaptor. All I know is my HD580 sounds a lot better with that amp.

I live in a super-singles setup and I don't have a roommate, so no worries, I just don't wanna wake my neighbor up, and I don't have a speaker system, and I want to stick with headphones.

I will return my TriPort as soon as I get my new headphones.

I personally prefer full size headphones, but how does KSC75, or SportaPro do, compared to SR60/SR80/MS-1?

I'm gonna give Grado a try, if I don't like it, I could easily sell them.

May 13, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #23 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet, but pick up a Koss KSC75, and/or a SportaPro (has 35 drivers).

Holy cow, how did I forget? I'm supposed to be the first one to mention the KSC75s
tongue.gif
Being a member of HF requires that you have a pair. They sound like 85% of an SR60 for $12-15, one fifth of the price.

What do you listen to, anyway?

May 13, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #25 of 81
Right, hold yer horses before you go and sell the Triports. Did you feel you were missing out on anything when you went from HD580 to Triports? Did your listening enjoyment increase/diminish? Yes, the HD580 sounded better, but how? How would you like the Triports to improve sound-wise? You have to realise that the SR-60/80 sound dramatically different to the HD580 and the Triports. Technically, the HD580 is by far the best. The sound is most true to the recording out of the four, but that doesn't necessarily translate into greater listening enjoyment. If you genuinely think that the HD580 were better, than sell the Triports and get the HD580. If you're pretty darn happy with the Triports, then keep them. If you'd like to try something new and potentially much more satisfying, give the SR-60/80 a try. They significantly cheaper than the Triports, which means that you'll also get some extra pocket money for something else
biggrin.gif

I personally don't despise the Triports that much, but to me, you're not getting the most out of the music. Yes, it does sound pretty good, but when you compare it to the HD580, it's like listening to a poorly remastered out-take. Your music wasn't intended to sound the way it does through the Triports, but if that's what floats your boat, then so be it.

May 13, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #26 of 81
No, it's not a Grado RA1.

I don't know how to explain what the TriPort lacked. I'm a noob in the world of headphones, all I did was listened to it, and it just doesn't sound as good. I'm still pissed, that's my grandpa's headphones, and now it's stolen.

Like I said before, I listen to music, mostly pop music, and rock, and stuffs with bass, and sometimes play games on it.

I'm willing to try something new, that's good for the price. I will definitely return the TriPort as they didn't sound as good as I hoped it would. I'm still considering SR60/SR80/MS-1.

So, someone mentioned KSC75 is just as good as SR60, except that it's way cheaper? Can someone else confirm this? And how comfortable are those?

May 13, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #27 of 81
I don't think the KSC75s are as good as the SR-60s. They have a similar sound signature, but they're missing depth. Modded iGrados on the other hand might be acceptable since they use the same drivers. But at $50, they're a bit more thank the KSC75s.

May 13, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #28 of 81
Yeah KSC75's are HIGHLY recomended for there price points and theres more mods for them to make them sound better than I can count. But seriously I would think about springing the extra $30 for the HD580's. I promise you will like them and the velour will do so much for comfort and wearing for extended times wich it sounds like you will be doing. Google B&H and then at there site search for HD580 and there only $130. Trust me you wont be dissapointed. When I listen to trance/pop I always use my Sennheisers cause my MS1's are better for rock.

May 13, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #30 of 81
Just get an SR60 and report back. What kind of music are you going to listen to with it? Also, any brand name or model numbers on that amp? If not your grandpa probably made it himself. Try and get a picture of the inside so maybe we could determine what kind of amp it is. (maybe a cmoy?)

Also try and get the SR60 from the f/s section here, it will be a lot cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back