Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Aug 17, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #406 of 1,152
Hmmm, sorry, i cant think of anything else. I too have Spotify on my phone/Pc and ipad and i really haven't noticed any difference. Must admit i haven't listened to any classical music. If you want to give me a title ill have a go on my system.

Hope you get to the bottom of it.

EDIT. I just had a quick listen to Beethovan's Piano Sonata No 14, streamed over wifi to my iphone, and it sounded fine to me (if not a little depressing lol).

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #407 of 1,152
This would be an example: https://play.spotify.com/track/02BumRY2OTFMkMxrXSVMat

Although after testing out a lot of setting, I think it might just be that such "hissing" is just normal part of many classical recording, but I have not been able to discern it before when using my cheap inear headphones. While there seems to be a difference in the sound if I use the qc35 with my mobile as compared to my laptop, which explains why I thought that there is a particular hissing sound with my mobile, I think that ultimately it seems to be part of the recording. So sorry for the misunderstanding on my side and thanks for the help.

Edit: I'll call up Bose tomorrow and see what they say. I still feel like something is wrong with the headphones, as my cheaper headphones all seem to be able to filter these background noises out.

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #408 of 1,152
I'm on my second pair now and these are better than the first, but still not perfect. It's only when I'm out and about, and really only when I turn my head to the right quickly.
This was no FW 1.0.3 and now on 1.0.6.
It's a pain but I'm living with it. Shame Bose can't make the BT as good as their cheaper headphones.

Hrmmm thank for the reply. It does seem disappointing that the quality isn't there.  In response to others, I have a 2014 MBPR that works flawlessly with them and an iPhone 6 that doesn't. Maybe when I get back from travels I will visit the Bose store and see what they have to say.

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #409 of 1,152
Hi, I'm finding the voice prompts or alternative "tones" to loud and it hurts my ears.

Has anyone found a eay of disabeling both or at least turning their volume down?

This will be deal breaker for me if not unfortunately.

I have hyperacousis and tinitus, so my loud might not be yours :)

Aug 19, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #411 of 1,152
Hi guys!

i've read that some of you guys had a problem with so called "white noise" when headphones are not playing music, but they are turned on. Mine has just arrived and i swear that i can hear silent but constant noise. It's getting louder after few minutes of playing music. Should i return them to the seller? Or is it normal when using ANC?
I've contacted Bose and they said, that in their opinion everything is ok. 

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #412 of 1,152
  Hi guys!

i've read that some of you guys had a problem with so called "white noise" when headphones are not playing music, but they are turned on. Mine has just arrived and i swear that i can hear silent but constant noise. It's getting louder after few minutes of playing music. Should i return them to the seller? Or is it normal when using ANC?
I've contacted Bose and they said, that in their opinion everything is ok. 

Is this your first ANC headphone?  If not and you do not hear such issues with other ANC sets, you should return the Bose for a refund.  If it is your first, there are some explanations to the noise you hear, one could be tinnitus.

paul

Aug 19, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #414 of 1,152
I only Got 2/3 the way reading through the posts and am running out of time looking for answers/similar experiences. So i will post.

First - i have had the headphones for a few weeks and really like them (mostly) and i updated today to firmware 1.06 via pc updater.

Question - I can hear every silverware touch every plate when i make a phone call on my iphone 6s plus via the qc35's - it really amplifies every clang and noise i can hear around me and its really really annoying.  Anyone else having this?

Also just an fyi/question...  i have had the silent noise people are talking about when i connect to one computer, but not another computer, or my iphone when not playing music or other sounds.  Where i would have total silence when i connect to my iphone without music playing.  Any ideas on this?

Overall i like the headset but it missed pretty bad on the phone call area (and i often get complaints about too much background noise from folks on the receiving end) - first example was today on the airplane (seat 2a)  And the guy in 2b had qc35, not sure any of use where the cufflink types referred to in the fatally flawed qc35 article linked here in the forum..

Hopefully i can fix the phone background noise amplification problems, but for now i will live with this until bt 5.0 headphones come out and i can walk all around the house instead in a 20-30 foot radius.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 20, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #415 of 1,152
I've avoided BT headphones because of the BT audio loss. I figure what's the use of paying for Tidal if the music gets compressed with BT. Maybe the new BT versions have reduced this concern? Has anyone compared sound quality with these connected via wire vs BT? Any difference?

Aug 20, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #416 of 1,152
I picked up a pair of these the other day, and so far I've been impressed with the sound and how well the noise cancellation works.
Something that annoys me however is that the connection seems to work poorly while on the move. Today when I went for a walk, the sound skipped for about half a second at least once every minute (sometimes it would skip multiple times).
Right now I'm sitting at my desk without the sound skipping at all. Is this normal behavior? Range wise they seem fine, they are able to maintain the connection to my iPhone 6s over 5 meters away.
I also have an Apple Watch paired, but if that was the issue shouldn't the sound skip while I'm stationary as well?
They are running the latest available firmware, 1.0.6.

Aug 20, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #417 of 1,152
  I picked up a pair of these the other day, and so far I've been impressed with the sound and how well the noise cancellation works.
Something that annoys me however is that the connection seems to work poorly while on the move. Today when I went for a walk, the sound skipped for about half a second at least once every minute (sometimes it would skip multiple times).
Right now I'm sitting at my desk without the sound skipping at all. Is this normal behavior? Range wise they seem fine, they are able to maintain the connection to my iPhone 6s over 5 meters away.
I also have an Apple Watch paired, but if that was the issue shouldn't the sound skip while I'm stationary as well?
They are running the latest available firmware, 1.0.6.

All I can say is this happens with all of Bose BT headphones. I had different types and sets and at time it would skip. Happens with all my Apple devices.

Aug 20, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #418 of 1,152
Looking at a few of the more recent posts I'm happy to see I'm not the only one having these dropouts when out and about, although it also surprises me that we pay all this money and have to put up with very inferior quality as far as BT goes.

Anyway, I have no regrets and am really enjoying the silence and sound quality. I don't have any of the white noise issues others seem to have, although as someone who has played in bands for the past 30 years maybe my ears just aren't picking it up. I do hear more noise when the outside noise is quite high and higher pitched. Things like a nearby desktop fan for example. This I would think would be to be expected, and is more than masked once music starts playing.

Now I have the black pair I had to buy some black trainers to match :)

Aug 21, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #419 of 1,152
I listened to these QC35 at the Bose store and was reasonably impressed. Unfortunately, I couldn't compare them side-by-side with the QC25 using the same music, but from memory, the QC35 is less harsh (less spiky FR) in the lower treble, which would be an improvement. Can anyone chime in on this?

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #420 of 1,152
  I listened to these QC35 at the Bose store and was reasonably impressed. Unfortunately, I couldn't compare them side-by-side with the QC25 using the same music, but from memory, the QC35 is less harsh (less spiky FR) in the lower treble, which would be an improvement. Can anyone chime in on this?

I have both, QC25 for over a year and 2 weeks with QC35.
Yes, the QC35 is smoother and can be worn for the entire JFK to LHR flight with no fatigue.  It also sounds quite nice at mid levels, where the QC25 needs a bit for gain.  The sound signatures are very much the same.  There maybe a bit more vertical headroom with the QC35 but we're splitting hairs.  The ANC is slightly better than the QC25, but the 20i, IMO is still champs.  

paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back