Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Aug 13, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #376 of 1,152
I guess I'm the only one who thinks the black looks luxurious and classy while the silver looks cheap and tacky lol

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #378 of 1,152
Haha, yeah I'm like that with my camera gear. When I'm out with the non pro gear I almost want to wear a T-shirt with a statement that I own better equipment. I am a gear snob lol.

I also need to get black trainers now, as the black headphones don't match my daily ones anymore.

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #379 of 1,152
I guess I'm the only one who thinks the black looks luxurious and classy while the silver looks cheap and tacky lol

I would have agreed with you if I was just going by the photos, but in the flesh I thought the silver ones ooozed class. The black ones look ok until they get covered in finger prints IMO. It's not so much the black colour for me, it's the flat look of them I don't like.
I with Bose had kept the black/blue colour scheme of the Soundlinks though. I love that look.

I did read that Bose are bringing out other colours for the QC35, although that no use to us who already have them I guess.

Aug 13, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #380 of 1,152
In a related topic, I see Bose has delayed the restocking of the SoundSport wireless headphones. There were issues with sweat and water resistance and they said they were going to address it. Their website shows 5-6 weeks for availability. And all the Target's in my area have had no stock for weeks.

I really want to see/try the QC30 wireless coming in a few weeks (I hope)

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #382 of 1,152
I sent my Bose Sound Sport wireless in under warranty. They contacted me to let me know it would be 6 weeks to get my new pair as they were correcting the problem for all future production. For my trouble, they offered and sent a pair of Sound Sport wired in ears to use while I waited for the return and to keep. That is serious customer service.

Aug 14, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #383 of 1,152

I would have agreed with you if I was just going by the photos, but in the flesh I thought the silver ones ooozed class. The black ones look ok until they get covered in finger prints IMO. It's not so much the black colour for me, it's the flat look of them I don't like.
I with Bose had kept the black/blue colour scheme of the Soundlinks though. I love that look.

I did read that Bose are bringing out other colours for the QC35, although that no use to us who already have them I guess.

9f48c635433252b1df54cc44def83586.jpg

I've always been a black equipment chap but am loving the silver. They are. Flashy but I recently picked up this old camera... It's nice. To have a change. The silver model looks very lux in the hand and not tacky at all. Perhaps they look tacky on :wink:

Aug 14, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #386 of 1,152
Do the QC35s have a 'quick charge' mode like the other Soundlink models? The manual is silent on this point however for the Soundlink, the AE model in particular, the manual states "A 15-minute partial charge will power the headphones for 2 hours."

The battery is non-changable so I am keen to look after it, without being pedantic about it. 

Aug 14, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #387 of 1,152
Do the QC35s have a 'quick charge' mode like the other Soundlink models? The manual is silent on this point however for the Soundlink, the AE model in particular, the manual states "A 15-minute partial charge will power the headphones for 2 hours."

The battery is non-changable so I am keen to look after it, without being pedantic about it. 

I don think it's a 'mode' as such, it's just the nature of the low drain battery system.

Aug 14, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #388 of 1,152

OK so I can just charge and use as I wish OR is it considered better (for longer battery life) that I fully charge and then discharge till the RED light, versus just charging all the time. Its a Li-ion battery right, so in theory it should be OK for quite some time.

Aug 14, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #389 of 1,152
Yep, that's how I look on it. I believe it's not advisable to run Li-ion battery right down too often, that was something we did with the old Ni-cads, but I myself like to go down to about 10% before charging up again, unless I'm going to be away for a day or two.
For me a full charge lasts well over a week of use anyway so charging isn't something I worry about.

Aug 14, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #390 of 1,152
... but I recently picked up this old camera... It's nice. 

Haha - "this old camera". Super awesome, man!! Nothing like a Leica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back