Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Aug 14, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #391 of 1,152
I just received my QC35 today. I purchased it again for the second time after trying the Sennheiser PXC-550.

For me Bose is better.

My QC35 App shows firmware: (version number 1.0.6)

I used the Bose sofware updater on my Mac and it updated.

There seems to be two Bose software sites and i this one worked for me:
http://worldwide.bose.com/downloads/en/web/product_selection/page.html

Aug 14, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #392 of 1,152
lol and I bought the PXC-550 over the QC35, ANC and comfort on QC35 is slightly better but I prefer the PXC-550 for all others.

Aug 14, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #393 of 1,152
They are gorgeous looking headphones.
The reason I gave the PXC-550 back to Amazon is the Bose sound better on my Apple devices and also much better for changing connection between 5 products which i am constantly doing.

I think if i had Android devices with AptX and NFC I would choose the PXC-550 by along way.

I am a big SENNHEISER fan anyway.

Aug 14, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #394 of 1,152
ccb2e911fc4209936a51bfe787035e72.jpg

Oh, I miss shooting Velvia.
36 frames over a weekend.

paul

Aug 14, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #396 of 1,152
I just received my QC35 today. I purchased it again for the second time after trying the Sennheiser PXC-550.

For me Bose is better.

My QC35 App shows firmware: (version number 2.0.1)
Is this the latest?

2.0.1 its not firmware version. Its the app version.
Firmware version is 1.0.6 ( see product details ).

Thank you David, it was my error.
I have edited my original post with a link to the Bose update website should this be useful to anyone.

Aug 17, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #400 of 1,152
Has anyone been able to find a solution to the short/choppy range of the Bluetooth when used with an iPhone? Or should I be taking my pair back and exchanging?

I'm on my second pair now and these are better than the first, but still not perfect. It's only when I'm out and about, and really only when I turn my head to the right quickly.
This was no FW 1.0.3 and now on 1.0.6.
It's a pain but I'm living with it. Shame Bose can't make the BT as good as their cheaper headphones.

Aug 17, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #401 of 1,152
I have hada my Bose QC35 for about a week now and am generally very happy with it. The only problem I find is that there is a hissing noise when I list to classical music (other genres are fine) on my mobile phone with Spotify. The hissing noise is not only a general background noise (which I understand is normal to a certain extent), but it is a hissing noise that moves with the music. Strangely enough, if I listen to the exact same music through spotify on my Laptop, the hissing noise is gone. Does anyone have an idea how I could fix this?

Aug 17, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #403 of 1,152
Not experiencing this with my iPhone 6S, I am however with my Macbook Pro 2011 which has an earlier Bluetooth version. Do you have an old iPhone?

I had the same issue with the over-ear SoundLink II headphones. I also have a late-2011 MBP and iPhone6. I got very choppy results and returned them after a few different FW updates did not fix the problem. Ended up getting Beats Studio wireless and get terrific range and no breakups

Aug 17, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #405 of 1,152
Have you checked that the quality settings are the same on each device? I know that the default settings are quite low to conserve data on mobile devices.
Can't think of anything else.

Thanks. I do use high quality on the mobile as well, so it shouldnt be a problem of quality. I just tried the same comparison with deezer and the problem is the same. On the laptop (which in the case of deezer uses essentially the same app as on the mobile) the sound comes out very clearly, while on the mobile there still is a slight background hissing noise. Could it be that something with my mobile is wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back