Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Aug 8, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #361 of 1,152
I gotta ask. My Momentum wireless' anc is sensitive to shaking. If i walk hard, or driving on a bumpy road, the anc is playing all this rumble noise through the speakers.
Does the CQ35 have this problem?

I have been using them for my commute to school and sometimes to work ( sometimes my jaybird X2) and don't notice it

Hi guys - I have been using a pair of UE900 for about 5 years now and am thinking of getting the QC 35 as replacements. 

I have tried out the latter at a local store and just wanted some opinions on the sound quality between the two?

I listen to a variety of pop/R&B music such as the following:

Style by Taylor Swift
Holiday by Madonna
Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton
My All by Mariah Carey
Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship
Every Breath You Take by The Police
Oblivion by M83
Beating Heart by Ellie Goulding
Billie Jean by Michael Jackson

Sorry if this is a chicken vs. ostrich question - am not much of an audiophile but I very much appreciate good quality music devices. Have a pair of B&W 803Ds in my bedroom.

I got these for free and considering what I paid for them.... I love them. Sound good enough to me to be worth a purchase IMHO. I still prefer my V-Moda m-100 but in terms of the whole package I prefer the QC35 because of comfort which to my hasn't been reached by anybody else.

Aug 9, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #363 of 1,152
I wrote to Bose technical support the other day about 1.0.6 update, their reply:

"Here are the following changes the update adds:

Enables "Now Playing" feature with Connect App 2.0

Resolved issue of no passive audio with drained battery and power switch left on"

I would ask them the next update aswell. Be sure to ask them to put the changelog on their site and maybe they will do it? I want to know about the other updates before but I didn't ask them so maybe someone else can do it? 

Aug 9, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #365 of 1,152
Bluetooth 5.0 was already announced in July time this year and certainly most Headphones Manufacturers are aware of the spec. I think Apple knows the Spec inside out and is a major influencer amongst other Vendors. Bose is working on 5.0 headphones already.

For Bluetooth 5.0 - The big change is 4 x greater range and also how it inter connects with Wifi Internet enabling Smart Internet of things functionality. However it is unlikely to improve Audio Quality.

The next big thing in Audio Quality was also announced this year and that is AptX HD - actually better than CD Quality. Headphones Manufacturers Are currently waiting for device Phone Manufacturers to release AptX HD first.

The 1 Company that can radically accelerate adoption of AptX HD and Bluetooth 5.0 is Apple, they will announce the new iPhone in September and if it has the above tech then we should rapidly expect Bluetooth 5.0 and AptX HD headphones by December and ofcourse many in 2017. If Apple get rid of the headhone jack as rumoured then many expect that they will offer something better to compensate and not just lightning connection, but superior Bluetooth.

Maybe even they release some AAC HD technology to compete with AptX and AptX HD, although they are not against AptX as it is supported on Apple Mac Computers.

A big Maybe is that they upgrade the awful Beats Headphones to include any new Bluetooth technology or enhancement, but I don't like Beats sound signature.

Aug 10, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #366 of 1,152
I got my first pair changed at the Bose shop yesterday. Although i felt i could live with the poor BT signal i felt i had to at least try another pair under the same circumstances.
I also took the opportunity to get a black pair, as although i prefer silver the black ones look cheaper and more understated. I feel a bit less like a target for thieves now.

So, the walk to work. Nowhere near as bad as my earlier experience. This was in my left trouser pocket. I had a few cut outs, mainly at road junctions where i needed to move my head. Not good compared to my other BT headphones, but still better than the first pair.
Putting my hand over the right hand ear piece didnt cut the sound out completely like the first pair, so maybe there was soemthnig wrong with them.
The new pair still spells out my Livingroom PC name, and also lists it in capitals in the Bose app. Not the end of the world.
These are about a week older than my first pair and still on FW 1.0.3. I think ill leave it like that for a few days before upgrading. Get to know how well they work before and after an upgrade.

All in all, im happy with the new pair, and will live with the reduced (compared to others) BT functionality as everything else seems good. These were a boon on holiday and i really couldn't go back to normal headphones again now for walking to and from work, although i am keeping my Soundlink on ears as i love those as well.

Aug 11, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #367 of 1,152
Hello chaps,

My first post... hope this works.
I used the AE2s for about 6-7 weeks and then upgraded as I wanted the best and ANC. I opted for silver in the QC35s but perhaps this was a mistake.
Just arrived this morning and already I can see and feel the difference.

They do make me feel a little sick those, sort of dizzy. I hope this passes.
The BT connection is almost as strong as my previous pair, but not as good.
Just upgraded to FW1.06 via a Mac.

Aug 11, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #369 of 1,152
  They do make me feel a little sick those, sort of dizzy. I hope this passes.

It should pass.  I think the QC25's are a lot worse and that's one of the reasons why I went with the QC20i's instead.  The QC25s exerted pressure on my eardrums and it caused them to constantly feel like they needed to be popped.  I couldn't really turn my head all that quickly as it would make me dizzy.  The QC20i's didn't have the same problem but they cancelled the noise out just as well (if not better) as the QC25's.  Bose made the QC35's a lot better, they no longer have that weird ear pressure issue.  So any sickness should pass as it's probably from your ears not being used to having outside noise blocked.  Though do keep in mind that some people are extra sensitive to things like this and it may never pass, it would also happen with any other brand of NC headphones.
Bluetooth 5.0 was already announced in July time this year and certainly most Headphones Manufacturers are aware of the spec. I think Apple knows the Spec inside out and is a major influencer amongst other Vendors. Bose is working on 5.0 headphones already.

You're forgetting that Bluetooth 5.0 was announced in July while devices such as the new iPhone have been in production from around then as well (assuming Apple has a September release).  That means that the new iPhone will likely not have Bluetooth 5.0 as the standard was finalized while the phone was still in production (or with production starting soon).  Seeing as how headphone manufacturers are just now using Bluetooth 4.1 and 4.2, it is likely going to be a while before they even implement 5.0.  I'm guessing that we will see smartphones, tablets, and PCs with Bluetooth 5.0 early next year with headphones to follow the year after.  I also wouldn't hold your breath for AptX HD in the iPhone, Apple doesn't even support standard AptX with the iPhone and iPad.

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #370 of 1,152
What is it in 1.06 v the previous 1.03 firmware?
I just received my blck QC35 and it had 1.03

Thanks

paul

Aug 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #371 of 1,152
I am perhaps thinking I should have got the black ones...! I think the silver ones are too lux, in terms of looks. They look expensive and flashy. 

I am also concerned about the patina. I want these to last a long time and still look great in a few years.

Aug 11, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #372 of 1,152
  It should pass.  I think the QC25's are a lot worse and that's one of the reasons why I went with the QC20i's instead.  The QC25s exerted pressure on my eardrums and it caused them to constantly feel like they needed to be popped.  I couldn't really turn my head all that quickly as it would make me dizzy.  The QC20i's didn't have the same problem but they cancelled the noise out just as well (if not better) as the QC25's.  Bose made the QC35's a lot better, they no longer have that weird ear pressure issue.  So any sickness should pass as it's probably from your ears not being used to having outside noise blocked.  Though do keep in mind that some people are extra sensitive to things like this and it may never pass, it would also happen with any other brand of NC headphones.

You're forgetting that Bluetooth 5.0 was announced in July while devices such as the new iPhone have been in production from around then as well (assuming Apple has a September release).  That means that the new iPhone will likely not have Bluetooth 5.0 as the standard was finalized while the phone was still in production (or with production starting soon).  Seeing as how headphone manufacturers are just now using Bluetooth 4.1 and 4.2, it is likely going to be a while before they even implement 5.0.  I'm guessing that we will see smartphones, tablets, and PCs with Bluetooth 5.0 early next year with headphones to follow the year after.  I also wouldn't hold your breath for AptX HD in the iPhone, Apple doesn't even support standard AptX with the iPhone and iPad.

Thanks, I hope so. I suffer from motion sickness so am sensitive in the ears.

Aug 11, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #373 of 1,152
  I am perhaps thinking I should have got the black ones...! I think the silver ones are too lux, in terms of looks. They look expensive and flashy. 

I am also concerned about the patina. I want these to last a long time and still look great in a few years.

The patina will probably last longer than the batteries.  The silver does catch more attention.

paul

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #374 of 1,152

Exactly why I got the black ones when I exchanged my silver ones. When I put the Silver ones on the table with our other headphones the were obviously the most expensive looking. The black ones now seem to be over shadowed by some of the others. I like this. When walking around central London with no cables to help keep them secure I feel the black ones are not going to get ripped off my head like the Silver ones might.
I prefer to blend in rather than stand out.
I do feel the black ones can get quite shabby looking very quickly, they are like finger print magnets, but again, that's a plus for my piece of mind,

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #375 of 1,152
Exactly why I got the black ones when I exchanged my silver ones. When I put the Silver ones on the table with our other headphones the were obviously the most expensive looking. The black ones now seem to be over shadowed by some of the others. I like this. When walking around central London with no cables to help keep them secure I feel the black ones are not going to get ripped off my head like the Silver ones might.
I prefer to blend in rather than stand out.
I do feel the black ones can get quite shabby looking very quickly, they are like finger print magnets, but again, that's a plus for my piece of mind,

Agree but actually the silver ones do look fabulous and given my black hair, I like people to know I've got headphones on. With my previous pair, the soundlinks, I often had people talk to me without realising. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back