Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Aug 3, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #350 of 1,152
Hello,

i followed instructions to upgrade, but after the updater is ready, next step just refreshes the page and I cannot to select nothing :frowning2:

I tried different PCs and OSs.

This is the same problem I have trying to get 1.06. Tried two macs and a Windows laptop. Worked fine when going to 1 to 1.05.

I've also never seen the update in the app. Are people just going to the settings, then product details and its prompting them there? All my details are just greyed out with nothing to select.

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #351 of 1,152
I too am having issues with the app.  Right now, my SoundSport wireless earbuds are using firmware 1.02 (maybe, I can't quite remember) and my QC 35's are running 1.03.  The app has never updated my SS earbuds, it has never offered the option too.  I've removed the app, unpaired my headphones, restarted my iPhone, downloaded the app, re-paired my headphones, and it still doesn't work for updating the firmware.

Aug 4, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #352 of 1,152
Hello,

i followed instructions to upgrade, but after the updater is ready, next step just refreshes the page and I cannot to select nothing :frowning2:

I tried different PCs and OSs.

This is the same problem I have trying to get 1.06. Tried two macs and a Windows laptop. Worked fine when going to 1 to 1.05.

I've also never seen the update in the app. Are people just going to the settings, then product details and its prompting them there? All my details are just greyed out with nothing to select.

It'll appear on top of your settings page in the app. The volume issue with iOS 10 seems to be fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 4, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #353 of 1,152

My app has updated my QC35s twice - to both 1.05 and 1.06. Both times it did it on its own when I launched the app. But I've never seen a way to inititiate it within the app., or to force it to look for an update..

In both cases, I had been in the app a few moments before, left it, and then came back, at which point it told me there was an update available.

I think in the case of the 1.06 update, I had force quit the app first, then relaunched it.

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #355 of 1,152
I gotta ask. My Momentum wireless' anc is sensitive to shaking. If i walk hard, or driving on a bumpy road, the anc is playing all this rumble noise through the speakers.
Does the CQ35 have this problem?

Aug 5, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #356 of 1,152

Oh, one other minor thing. All my other BT headphones (inc the Soundlinks) speak the name of my Living room PC when connected (Livingroom), the QC35's spell the word out. Hopefully a FW update will fix this although i wont hold my breath.

Still love these though.

I think I have a solution for you. Is the naming of your PC LIVINGROOM or Livingroom? Writing the name in all caps makes it spell out each letter. Changing that fixed it for me.

Aug 5, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #357 of 1,152
Hi guys - I have been using a pair of UE900 for about 5 years now and am thinking of getting the QC 35 as replacements. 

I have tried out the latter at a local store and just wanted some opinions on the sound quality between the two?

I listen to a variety of pop/R&B music such as the following:

Style by Taylor Swift
Holiday by Madonna
Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton
My All by Mariah Carey
Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship
Every Breath You Take by The Police
Oblivion by M83
Beating Heart by Ellie Goulding
Billie Jean by Michael Jackson

Sorry if this is a chicken vs. ostrich question - am not much of an audiophile but I very much appreciate good quality music devices. Have a pair of B&W 803Ds in my bedroom.

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #358 of 1,152
I think I have a solution for you. Is the naming of your PC LIVINGROOM or Livingroom? Writing the name in all caps makes it spell out each letter. Changing that fixed it for me.

Thanks, I'll give that a try at the weekend. It seems strange that their other headphones dont have this issue though. I really shouldnt have to change settings on my PC just to get this working.

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #360 of 1,152
Parrot Zik and Parrot Zik 2.0 both offer very noticeable ANC.  My Sony MDR-ZX770BN, on the other hand, have barely noticeable ANC, so I kind of agree with you.

But Parrot Zik definitely has substantial ANC that is immediately noticeable and quite good, second only to Bose, I'd say, and definitely far better than the Sony I have.

The app on the Zik also gives you fine control over level of ANC, so it makes the differences even more obvious as you modify the level.

Honestly I never cared for it before and only going off what I have personally tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back